Thread: Jungles around Jerusalem and Constantinople

Default Jungles around Jerusalem and Constantinople

Is there a submod out there that fixes jungles to desert/arid landscapes around Jerusalem and Constantinople?

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Jungles around Jerusalem and Constantinople

I'm not sure about Constantinople, but do you mean why is Jerusalem a grassy map?

I think its supposed to be like this so its not a bug so no fix for a problem that dosnt exist . Maybe Jerusalem is really like that anyway, i dont have a clue just trying to come up with a solution. Anyway i dont think there is any mod out there sorry
    Soylent Green is people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon! View Post
    I'm not sure about Constantinople, but do you mean why is Jerusalem a grassy map?

I think its supposed to be like this so its not a bug so no fix for a problem that dosnt exist . Maybe Jerusalem is really like that anyway, i dont have a clue just trying to come up with a solution. Anyway i dont think there is any mod out there sorry
    That's a shame... The battle map around is clearly a jungle and not grassy plains. And I've been to Jerusalem and the climate there is near arid.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

yeah but the question is... WAS it arid back then?
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8 View Post
    yeah but the question is... WAS it arid back then?
    It sure wasn't a jungle.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

i know... just pulling your leg

but honestly, i dont know how to fix it... ask one of the mapper guys... im sure they know what decides how the battle terrain looks like...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

This period in european history is marked by a 'Warm Period' where grapes could be grown in northern England. I don't know about Jerusalem, but Thrace would have been maked by deep forests and plentiful streams. I am not sure about the exact nature of the trees around Contantionople, but I would have expected palms.

As to visually, I can only say I have had some of my most scenic battles around Constantinople and I enjoyed the terrain.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    This period in european history is marked by a 'Warm Period' where grapes could be grown in northern England. I don't know about Jerusalem, but Thrace would have been maked by deep forests and plentiful streams. I am not sure about the exact nature of the trees around Contantionople, but I would have expected palms.
    It wouldn't have been the lush, tropical jungle that now surrounds Constantinople in SS though. For the Basiliea ton Romaion submod, we've changed the terrain to mediterranean. It looks a lot more realistic than lush, south american jungle

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I like the jungle though. This way, I can take a stroll on the beach between fighting off rampaging Crusaders/Mujahideen. Wish I could build a tourist resort to distract them.

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Jungles??? I've always thought it was forest

Caesar Clivus
    :hmmm:you must have different graphics to me, I have loose palm like trees and grass, no deep amazon forest, dense jungle, savvana plains full of termite mounds etc.

Have not found any reference to the actual terrain around 12th century (apart from forested hills), but imagine fair amount of farms, dates, vineyards, and lumber mills.

I always liked the look of the terrain, its the 'prettiest' in the game.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Still jungle is far unrealistic!
    The "real"terain would be a grass land with low hills around and full of farms and small villages....:hmmm:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

If any of you are interested, I made a submod correcting climates so you won't have south american tropical forests in and around jerusalem and constantinople. I also made changes to Balkan and Italian peninsulas to rid the arid, palmtree forests. If you are not a fantasy buff and such inappropriate climates bother you, visit here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187262
    Last edited by Atilla; August 26, 2008 at 04:49 PM.