Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: outdated.closed

Icon4 outdated.closed

The latest quick fix can be found here:
    -removed because a new version is now available-
    this quickfix solves the following:
    - crash while loading battles involving the Massagetae cavalry(missing texture)
    - carthaginian Paved Road and Great Estate having the cards of roman barracks
    - crash while loading battles involving the Samnite infantry(missing texture)

Please report here any bugs you find.

1. it may help to note the version of your game and the method of install. If you don`t know what version is your game start it and click OPTIONS and then check the upper right corner of your screen where it should be "ver.1.5".

2. if you get a CTD (crash to desktop) and you get an error message please remember it or take a picture of it and write/show it here.

3. if the issue can be shown in pictures please take a shot of it and attach the image to your post. If you don`t know how to do this follow this guide:
    a. Hit Print Screen key on your keyboard to capture the image into memory.
    b. Open any graphics program such as MSPaint, Infranview, ACDSEE, or Photoshop, etc.
    c. Hit Ctrl-V
    d. Save the image as .jpg
    e. While making a new post
    f. Hit "Manage Attachments"(scroll down under your text section). Hit the "Browse" button
    g. Select the .jpg file you just saved, hit ok, and then hit "Upload"
    h. Complete the post by hitting "Submit Reply"
    Last edited by florin80; January 26, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Default Re: Res Gestae v3.0 - Bugs and issues

Ok, first bug report.

I got a CTD during the loading of a custom battles, playing as Greek Cities against Scythia.

I use Rome: Total War Gold Edition. I have already played a battle with the Romans agains the Mauryans and it worked fine.

Here is the message error:
    Generic Error:
    Failed to find texture 'RG/data/RG/models_unit/textures/ResGestae_Prom_cav_ScythoSarm_Messagetaelancer_scythia.tga'.

I trie this battle two times, two CTD.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

That`s odd. I`m guessing Salvor managed to remove the texture for the release version .. somehow.

Download the quickfix.

It contains the missing texture and hopefully it will cure your problem. Let me know. It`s save game compatible. Just copy it inside your Rome - Total War folder and overwrite the RG sub-folder with the one in the fix.
    Last edited by florin80; November 25, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Thank you, it works perfectly.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I don't know if this is on purpose or a bug but I set my unit size to huge in the options menu and when I go into a battle there is still only 42 man units.

played as the seleucids and after i captured Damascos, when i click at the enslave population then it crash without error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I don't know if this is on purpose or a bug but I set my unit size to huge in the options menu and when I go into a battle there is still only 42 man units.
    Might be something you`re doing. I`ve just tried it and it worked fine:

Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    played as the seleucids and after i captured Damascos, when i click at the enslave population then it crash without error message.
    That`s hapening in more than one mod. In RTR, in TE etc... I don`t know exactly what is causing it. Lusted had a theory that might be tried in a future release, but I don`t know if it actually does anything. Still, it`s a random ctd usually. For example I remember replaying a battle about 10 times(autoresolve) in TE to get passed it. Obviously it helps to have saved games before battles.
    This is a list I`ve done for RTRPE. You`ll find it listed there with some proposed "solutions". See if any work for you.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124476

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Might be something you`re doing. I`ve just tried it and it worked fine:

Anyone else having this problem?
    The unit sizes look fine in custom battles , it appears it is only in the campaign map that i'm having it.

It happens sometimes when installing a mod or vanilla.
    Change your unit size to "normal", play a battle, quit it and change size to "huge". Replay a battle. It must work.

I just restarted my campaign and it worked just fine. Thanks for your help though!

The unit sizes look fine in custom battles , it appears it is only in the campaign map that i'm having it.
    Go to:
    Rome - Total War\RG
    and delete(make a backup copy first maybe) the folder preferences.
    Start the game again so that it will be regenerated based on your new changes. I think Salvor included his preferences sub-folder in the install. Let me know if that did the trick.

whats wrong with that principes picture ? mine is fine my huge unit size is 163 too, but i changed it to higher, hastati to 240, principes 200 triarii 200, because i like that size better, i was used to in in Roma surrectum.

Anyone else like how the units doesnt die as much ? i swear i played a post marian battle against 2 spanish army against 1 roman army, i swear when the lines hit it was awesome, i didnt lose hardly any men and they fought without even moving from the spot, like 1000 dead compared to killing like 6000 i like that its great.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Hey, if you have a good system and are able to play on maximum settings maybe you can post some pictures from your campaign and battles when you have some time. The old preview pics are nice, but they don`t cover all the units.

Well my campaign is only in first few years, but if you want pictures of battles, ok ill fire it up and get some going

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Great, thanks! You can start a new thread with them if you want.

Yeah I noticed it too. also in ROPTW. The only mod so far I think I havnt bump in to this are TIC and 58 bc..

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Florin80,
    just by a quick look on some factions:
    * Carthage: the Paved Road and Great Estate icons same as Barracks in the building tree and in the description menu the image is of Barracks too for both.
    * Pedites Extraordinarii: the unit image on description menu doesn't have the bootleg on the right leg.
    For whatever else I had a look it's really a great mod . I like almost all units, but Mauryans and Numidians are awesome!!!

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    * Carthage: the Paved Road and Great Estate icons same as Barracks in the building tree and in the description menu the image is of Barracks too for both.
    I think I see what the issue is with the farms but I can`t figure it out for the paved roads. I`d need to look more into it.

* Pedites Extraordinarii: the unit image on description menu doesn't have the bootleg on the right leg.
    What do you mean?

EDIT: a new fix has been made available. Check the first post. It contains both the fix for the massagetes CTD and for the 2 carthaginian buildings lacking the ui cards. It shoud be saved game compatible. Please let me know if it has solved your problem.
    Last edited by florin80; August 22, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Default Re: Res Gestae v3.0 - Bugs and issues(quickfix available)

i've got a weird one. just passed the marcus reform (in 180 bc?!) with the julii, and i have no new units . just the same old ones. any suggestion?

Default Re: Res Gestae v3.0 - Bugs and issues(quickfix available)

Geez, I haven`t thought about it until now. Res Gestae had a range or 4 "reforms"(not in the usual sense) planned originally. I`d need to look more into it to see how they`re triggered. If I can`t figure it out we`ll have to wait for Salvor to come back. Which should happen on Monday hopefully.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast