Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: House of Commons

Default House of Commons

The House of Commons

All peoples of England (a crime commiter is not seen as a person of England) have the right to talk and vote in the house of commons.

Current information of the realm:
    Year: It is currently the year of our Lord, 1225

Holdings:
    London, Notingham, York, Exeter, Winchester, Dublin, Caernarfon

Armies:
    Weak and spread around the land

Standing with the Pope:
    The Pope feels neither ill will nor good will towards England

Standing with the current clergy:
    The current Clergy are fairly happy with the way England is run

Diplomacy:
    Enemies:
    All Rebels

Allies:
    None

Trade Rights:
    None

Enemies of the Crown (reward perhaps for capture):
    None
    Last edited by Desperado †; October 12, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: House of Commons (NEW)

Seeing as both the King and the Chancellor are currently indisposed, I, the Archbishop shall announce that

This Session of Parliment is Now in Order
    We have many things to talk of;

International Affairs
    The Welsh
    Close at hand, and unable to talk with, should we liberate these people?

The Irish
    An outpost on their island, these people could proove a sturdy foe or ally

The Scottish
    Stronger than both the Irish and the Welsh, and firmly placed in the North, yet neither friend nor foe

The French
    Lost is Normandy to these people. Should we re-claim it, or leave them be?

Realmly Affairs
    Orders and such
    Shall we make it allowed that people may join orders, such as the Hospitalliers, and make orders, such as the past order of the Rose, in our lands. What are our rules for these? Are the Hospitalliers nessercairilly loyal to our Kingdom? Shall we allow fighting Clergy, as has happened in the crusades of late?

Papal Affairs
    Crusades
    If a crusade was to be asked, as has been happening quite often of late, are we to join?

OOC: At the end of each turn, we will hold a new session of parliment.

Llewllyn steps forth to the podium
    i shall cut straight to the point. Wales is our closest threat, digging straight into our West borders. The Scots are... civilised and i reckon they shan't attack immediately, and Ireland is acrosss the sea. That why I propose to invade Wales, remove the threat, gain greater income, and due to the fact that they have not a grand army, we will not need a large army to destroy them.

Hywel Caradog stands from his mighty Archbishop chair.

'Yes, that is true. But it is also true that the Welsh will remain idle should we leave them. They would not dare cross into our borders. Perhaps it would be more important to strike quickly at Scotland or Ireland first.

But to tell the truth, I agree with you. The Welsh must be...liberated quickly.'

OOC: There are no podiums. You stand up from your seat and talk in Parliment.

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Nobby Sykes stands
    I propose to allow Knightly Orders providing they make no threat to England and are loyal to the crown.The King i believe has said in the house of Lords, he would allow such orders, so as a commoner i put forward the proposal here.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

I think we there is a majority of agreement that Wales is to be the first site of conquest. It is the most logical choice.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

A messenger arrives from the King of sweden.

My king, The Great Karl Kungason of Sweden, Is as you know in England.
    He is here on a diplomatic journey, He isn't here to fight or harm england in any way.

The messenger awaits answers from the gentlemens in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by snowplough View Post
    Nobby Sykes stands
    I propose to allow Knightly Orders providing they make no threat to England and are loyal to the crown.The King i believe has said in the house of Lords, he would allow such orders, so as a commoner i put forward the proposal here.
    I second this notion, it shall help us with our strength and they shall not be a threat. But who shall lead them, where shal they base? I hope our Archbishop can help us with this

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

i disagree, a order is not needed in this land, there is no reason to make one.

Hywel stands, agreeing with Henry.

I do see little reason for orders at the moment, I am afraid I must say.

OOC: We just don't have enough players yet. And especially with all the feudalism, thats all lost when you make an order. We will re-consider it when we have more players. Sorry.

Atcually, I have had a second thought. Seeing as we have too few noble knights at the moment to loose their alliegance to the Hospitalliers and such, and thus in turn weaken our country, perhaps though we should still allow orders that do not do this, such as the Order of the Rose in days past.

We might allow an order that allows Knights without them having to loose their estates. It could even allow fighting Clergy into its ranks, or just Clergy in some form of organisation.

Mythre's Avatar Jack of all trades,

Sir Geoffry gets up and steps up to the podium
    My Lords, i propose this plan:
    Invade Wales as soon as possible and follow up and take a foothold in Ireland quickly. We should then proceed to conquer all of Ireland then pause to consolidate. After consolidation, we should finish the job of unifying the isles and then turn our eyes to France and Norway. The details can be discussed later. For now we need a hard outline.

As to knightly orders:
    I would support a limited degree of orders. Something more like a fraternity, a group of mutual friends then a true hierarchical order. But if we do form orders, there must always be two to allow for a balance of power. These orders should be based either on ideals or like-mindedness. They should not be joined lightly.
    Thank you my Lords
    Sir Geoffry returns to his seat

OCC: it would be not historically accurate, but i propose to make orders into something like political parties of a sorts.
    Last edited by Mythre; August 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM.
    A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    GSTK: King Geoffry Wilson III - 35

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Mythre View Post
    Sir Geoffry gets up and steps up to the podium
    My Lords, i propose this plan:
    Invade Wales as soon as possible and follow up and take a foothold in Ireland quickly.
    You are mistaking, Sir Geoffry. We allready have a foothold in Ireland, the settlement named Dublin.

(OOC: you get Dublin at the start with SS 6.1, I think.)

OCC: it would be not historically accurate, but i propose to make orders into something like political parties of a sorts.
    OOC: Maybe not parties. Not like left and right, but more like groups of people. Perhaps. I just realised, we have no Earl of Dublin, or any shires there. Perhaps it should be the temporary position of Sergant of Arms at Dublin, because its a foothold settlement.

Default Re: House of Commons

(See the House of Lords)

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Rafael walks into the big room.
    He looks on all of the gentlemen that is discussing diffrent matters of the country.
    He has seen this many times before.
    Good Day Gentlemen!
    I am Rafael Hohenstaufen Count of Leipzig, Lutzen, Breitenfeld and Staufen.
    I am A diplomat, I have served most of the courts in Europe, And i now wish to serve your king.
    I Have healthy relations to all of the european monarchs, Including the Nordic ones.

So, Rafael At your service!
    And, I have a suggestion!, The Country of england needs a National Diplomat, That can provide the king with the latest gossip of the European courts.
    I Can be this National Diplomat!, if you agree?
    Last edited by Carl von Döbeln; September 02, 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

I would have no problem with this, noble man. If the Kings will so, that will be good for you.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

A group bearded wildman enters Parliament. The leader steps forward and introduces himself as Zyraxes the Bloody-Handed, veteran of countless wars in the Byzantine legions. He begins:
    "I, Zyraxes the Bloody-Handed, have journed here from the Thracian hills in noble Byzantium. My companions and I were all widowed in a single night by the barbarian Bulgarians. 8 years of military service against the wrong-doers has not eased the pain in our hearts. We come here with nothing, no land or family. For a share in the prizes of war I pledge myself and my men at the command of the one with the daring to lead an invasion of his neighbours. Both the Welsh and the Scottish are pround of their 'mountains'. I fought in higher hills as a lad! We fought in hills such as theirs, and are all veterans of countless battles. As our nearest neighbours the Welsh are the logical target for expansion. I only hope that if such an expedition is to occur, let it happen quickly. Indecisivness is what led to the destruction of our homes. I beg that you do not make the same mistake."
    Zyraxes and his follwers turn and leave the assembly.
    Last edited by Saint_jimmyz; October 04, 2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Improving formatting
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

'uh, Zayraxes, you are lucky my friend. we have recently conquered the welsh mountains.'

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

King of History's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Robert enters.
    With the recent conquest of Wales I beleive we should focus on the reclamation of our lost Angevin Empire.

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

Zyraxes stops in his tracks at this news.
    "Has so much changed in the few months I have been here? You have lost rich, vunerable lands and conquered easily defended but poor mountains. It matters not to me. Jst take me and my bretheren with you in the next battle."

OOC - Where are the threads concerning current wars?
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast