Thread: Profile thread

Default Profile thread

Post your Profile here, and keep it updated. Be sure to have links to your estates, wardrobe and personal sotries e.t.c

If you can find you can also post a picture of your character here.

Then, if you want, rather than having all your characters information in your signature, you can just have the name and have a link to your individual post on this.

Example;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Name: Hywel Caradog
    Heritage: Welsh
    Languages: Welsh, English, French
    Class + Rank: Clergy, Archbishop of England
    Alliegance: The Pope, the People, and the Realm, in that order
    Home:
    I live in a humble home in London City, but my brother and his son and familly live in the place of my great ancestor Caradog's retiring home, upon Anglesey.
    Biography:
    Ever since growing up as a young boy, many days with my aunts and uncles on Anglesey, but mostly in London city, I have wished to follow in the footsteps of Caradog ap Dafydd, who's first name we took to be our familly's. His achievmants awed me even then. And so I became a Priest. Though never did I believe I would rise to become the current highest rank of Church in England. Wherever I go from here, I know my life will be well.

[to select just one post, click the number in the top right hand corner of the post]
    Last edited by Desperado †; August 21, 2008 at 11:33 AM.

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Default Re: Profile thread (NEW)

Descendants:
    My father was grandson of Manuel Comnenus, former Byzantine Emperor. His father was bastard. My father himself was a rich merchant in Constantinople. In 1201, while he was in France for bussiness, he met Marie, a Norman/Flemish whose husband had just left to the Fourth Crusade. They married and one year later, I was born. In 1203, they moved to the outskirts of London.In 1204, my father was in Constantinople for business, when the Crusaders entered the city. He was nearly killed, but he managed to escape. In the meanwhile, my mother's former husband has become Latin Emperor,crowned as Baldwin I. They didn't have any children. He was succeeded by his brother.

Me?
    I desperately want to be a knight. I think I will come under the service of Sir Alerick.

Under the services of: Sir Alerick
    Last edited by Romanos IV; August 22, 2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

MY Descendants:
    My Father was a mercenary captain but he was killed whilst i was but an infant.My mother did die of plague when i was fifteen.A Knight of the Holy Roman Empire didst Foster me after her death.

Myself: I was taught my letters by my Foster father and hath served like my father as a mercenary fighting for the Holy Roman Empire campaigning on the borders fighting rebels and incursions by the empires neighbours. Hath traveled to England to seek out one Sir Alerick who`s
    great descendant did show my grand sire great kindness.I doth have a desire to join the Knights order of Malta so i may help the sick and poor of this land.

Name: Hywel Caradog
    Heritage: Welsh
    Languages: Welsh, English, French
    Class + Rank: Clergy, Archbishop of England
    Alliegance: The Pope, the People, and the Realm, in that order
    Home:
    I live in a humble home in London City, but my brother and his son and familly live in the place of my great ancestor Caradog's retiring home, upon Anglesey.
    Biography:
    Ever since growing up as a young boy, many days with my aunts and uncles on Anglesey, but mostly in London city, I have wished to follow in the footsteps of Caradog ap Dafydd, who's first name we took to be our familly's. His achievmants awed me even then. And so I became a Priest. Though never did I believe I would rise to become the current highest rank of Church in England. Wherever I go from here, I know my life will be well.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Name: Sir Alerick of the Iron will the IV
    Family tree:
    Alerick the 1rst was the Orphaned son of a Norse warlord, Adopted at the tender age of 1 by the same wizened battle scarred old English knight who would teach and raise him to fight hard, live with honer, and die with it in the same measure. After the civil war that he had started was over, Alerick married an English maiden and was blessed with a son who he named Richard, after his king and master. the king trusted him so that he was given the honer of being the head of the kings guard, and it has been in the family ever since. after three generation's of the mixing of Alericks decedents with English maidens tragedy struck. a girl was born to the Family, and no boys or other children were born, it seemed that Alericks blood would be lost but a tall Norse men looking much Like Alerick was born to the English couple, he seemed to have more of the Norse blood of his mother then the Norman blood of his father, he was Almost a Duplicate of his great grandfather in thought and Looks. unfortunately his mother Died in child birth of his little sister, and his father, sick with grief, purposely threw his life away in a petty land war between two English barons. a old battle scarred man then came riding into the life of the 6 year old boy Alerick the IV, Ivor, son of the Adopted son of Alerick the 1rst took Alerick the IV under his wing, teaching him in the same ferocity, skill, and immortal honer that Alerick the IVs great grandfather had taught Ivor's father. because of his huge strength, Endurance, dexterity, size, courage, and above all, honer, he has been given the surname of his great grandfather, Alerick of the iron will! rank: knight, and head of the kings gaurd.
    Home: Exeter
    Blood: Norse, Norman and a small bit of Vanagarain.
    Last edited by Desperado †; August 21, 2008 at 12:47 PM.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

Name:Father Walter "The Dove" Musser
    Heritage: German, English
    Languages: German and English
    Class+Rank: Clergy, Bishop of England
    Allegiance: The Pope and Lord always come first. The people and King come second, with the King having a higher priority but both quite important.
    Home: Father Walter takes up residence in The Church of St. Augustine where he enjoys meditating, researching, and prayed to God. He also is the head priest of the parish Northumbria and Cumbria and preaches at St. George's Cathedral.
    Biography: Following a tradition established by his great-great-grandfather William The Dove Musser, Walter the Dove is a man of the cloth. He follows along with the belief that his family is destined to serve the Lord until the Lord gives a sign showing that he is free---his late uncle Frederick tried to become a knight and subsequently died from a horrible jousting accident. Walter is of strong German decent and is a very stout man; he can hold is own in a fight. If ever there were an opportunity to serve the Lord on the field of battle, Walter would take it. Walter lives his live in servitude until he may one day be set free to make a family and continue the line of Doves.
    Last edited by 13ig_VV; October 05, 2008 at 06:31 PM.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

you get to keep your rank.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Domesticus

name:Alfred of Hasse-Cornwall
    Orgins: Saxons1/2, German 1/4, Flemish3/16, Cornish1/8, Norman1/16
    Married to Sophie of Saxony
    Knight/Baron
    His grandfather, Alfred the Crusader,fought in 3rd crusades
    His father Alexander die before Alfed was born
    Alfred is "liberal"

occ my previous character is his -great-great-gradfather
    Last edited by Random Emperor; August 23, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Sometimes both sides are wrong. Unfortunately most people do not understand this and argue endlessly.

Name: Henry IV Bolingbroke
    Heritage: English
    Languages: English,Spanish,and French
    Class/Rank: Royalty-King
    Alegiance: England and God
    Home: Henry Live in the Current Royal Palace. Which will be renamed "Bolingbroke Palace".
    Biography:Cousin of the late King Richard II

Mythre's Avatar Jack of all trades,

Name: Geoffry Alexandros Wilson

Family: a wife, Alexia
    Description: 6 foot: short, dusty blond hair: A odd combination of Greek and English blood.

Bio: Geoffry's father, Aethelstan III was the younger of two brothers in his fathers family. As a result, he did not inherit any lands. So Aethelstan decided to travel and ended up in Byzantium. There he met and married a Byzantine woman named Anna. Soon after Geoffry was born. Aethelstan fought as a knight in Byzantium's service for many years. Despite live in Byzantine lands, he raised Geoffry as a Englishman. He taught him the long passed down ways of the Huscarl and added to it Byzantine discipline. He taught Geoffry all he knew about tactics and strategy, which was not inconsequential as Aethelstan was by then a trusted captain. When Geoffry was 18, he found a wife from Byzantium. Then came the Fourth Crusade. Aethelstan was outraged at the sacking of Constaniople but even then he could not bring himself to fight his fellow Christians. At this time though, a message came from England that said that his older brother had died with no heirs. Thus seeing as he could not fight for the Crusaders or for the Empire, he returned to England. This all happened when Geoffry was 18. However, Aethelstan died in a skirmish with bandits on the way to England and Geoffry took his fathers place as heir to the family estates.

My family's armor and weapons. Geoffry is soon going to augment the chain mail with some Byzantine lamellar plates.

This my family's home
    A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    GSTK: King Geoffry Wilson III - 35

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Name Sir Edmund Blackadder
    Age 32
    Heritage Norman/Saxon
    Class Knight of the Order of the Rose

Biography
    Sir Edmund Blackadder is a descendent of the great Knight Swindhelm Goodrich who was a founding member of the order of the Rose since then the family has changed its name to Blackadder to show its true loyalty to the crown. Edmund is a reverent follower of chivalry and lives his life according to those ethos however in his mind chivalry only applies to those who deserve it and Edmund has little patience for criminals and rebels. He wishes to do as his grandfather did and go on a crusade however he does wish to do a better job of it then his grandfather who died before he could return to England.

Politics
    As befitting someone descended from traitors Blackadder is a fearlessly loyal royalist

Heraldry

Castle
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

O'Ciarain's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Profile thread

Name: Athelstan
    Heritage: Saxon
    Short Biography: Athelstan was born in what used to be known as Wessex. And Wessex was ruled by his Ancestors, as was England. Athelstan is a direct descendant to the House of Wessex. However, his relation to the House of Wessex is due to an extramarital affair between Athelstan the Glorious and one of his ancestors. She had a son, and had she been married to Athelstan the Glorious, the current Athelstan might have been king. But nooooo, King Athelstan the Glorious could not be caught up in extramarital affairs, so he never saw the woman he laid ever again. Nor sent word, even after she sent him a letter, telling him of their son. That son had produced proud children, telling them all of their lineage, and quite a few took after Athelstan the Glorious. The father, and grandfather of the current Athelstan had even been knights. Now, Athelstan himself searched for knighthood, just as his father and his grandfather had. Athelstan was a little bit more unorthodox in the weapon he preferred, the battle axe, but he was remarkably effective, nonetheless. Due to living around knights, he had acquired a nice hunger for knowledge of strategies and tactics, so his already sharp brain, was constantly on the lookout for more stratagems that he could pick up and maybe utilize in battle as a commander, when and if he got that high in rank. Currently, Athelstan is the squire of Sir Owen Davis the Bard, Baron of Cornwall. He has also joined a secret order of warriors, along with King Alerick himself, and has been able to purchase new, plate armor, thanks to the King as well.

Family Tree: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186785
    Armor: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=188113&page=2
    Home:
    Last edited by O'Ciarain; October 04, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Name: Gareth Reece-Llewllyn
    Homes: Caernarvon, Staffordshire and Dublin. Currently in Dublin
    Heritage: Norman/Welsh
    Languages: primarily English/ a bit of Welsh, Gaellic and German
    Last edited by Dead Sun; October 04, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Saint_jimmyz's Avatar Senator

Name: Zyraxes the Bloody-Handed

Heritage: Byzantine/Thracian

Languages: Thracian, a scattering of Greek and English

Short Biography:
    I grew up in the harsh hills of my fatherland of Thrace, a province of the mighty Byzantine Empire. When I was a mere 18 years old I signed up for military service, and was trained in the Thracian light infantry, masters of the javalins and the rhomphaia. During my time as a soldier I saw combat in several major battles between Bulgarian barbarians and the Byzantine Empire, in which I have slain many men. Having finished my tour of duty without a single promotion due to my 'inferior' birth, and tiring of the constant fighting in my homeland, I have journeyed to England to seek a better life in the service of a fair ruler, along with the rest of my unit in the Byzantine legions. During one attack on our home village our men were all widowed in a single day by the Bulgarians barbarians, and our homes burned to the ground. With no family or home left me and the 20-or-so men left under my command we have journed to East Wessex, where we have set up our own small farming community in the hills. Several of my men have remarried, but as of yet I have not. I have no interest in the politics of my chosen realm, but aspire to my earned share of wealth and status deserved for someone of my martial skill.

EDIT: Weapons and Armour:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...86#post3772086

Zyraxes and his bretheren arm themselves with the deadly Rhomphaia, javalins and leather shields and armour.
    Last edited by Saint_jimmyz; October 04, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
    Although this may disappoint some people, I am indeed alive, I just went inactive for three years.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Name: Gustav Stĺlhandske
    Heritage: Swedish/Norweigian
    Languages: English,Swedish,finnish,danish,french,Norweigian.
    Class/Rank: Knight
    Alegiance: The King and the people
    Home: A small farm in northern england
    Biography: Ex-general of the army of the north.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Name: Arn Magnusson
    Heritage: Swedish
    Languages: English,Swedish,Latin,French,Spanish,German,Arabic
    Class/Rank: Baron
    Alegiance: The King of England
    Home: A estate in Summerset and Dorset
    Biography: Arn Magnusson grew up in Sweden in Arnäs.When he was 17,he was sent to serve the Templar Knights in the Holy Lands because of some problems with the Church.After he had served them well,he was let free and Arn decided to come to England to start a new life...

O Sancta Simplicitas!

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Name: Vito Nicoletti
    Heritage: English / French / Sicilian (technically, full-blooded Norman)
    Languages: Fluent in Sicilian, Italian, Greek, English, French. Knows some Spanish, Portuguese, German, and a few of the Anatolian languages. Also has dabbled in Polish, Welsh and Gaelic.
    Class / Rank: Freedman
    Allegiance: Formerly to King Philip II (Augustus) of France; now to His Majesty, King Alerick of England.
    Home: At present, Vito wanders the English countryside, but soon plans on establishing a home somewhere in these fair isles.
    Biography: To be filled in soon enough.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Name: Holger the fearless
    heritage: danish
    languages: latin, french/english, danish, swedish, german
    class: middle (knight)
    allegiance: the crown of england
    home: in the headquarter of the brotherhood of warriors
    bio:
    holger is the *****son of the king of denmark. he has been knigthed by lord owen davis, and hes soon gonna go on the crusade. he is a enemy of heretic ways.
    GOD SAVE THE KING
    a medieval RPG
    god save the king try it now!

Name: Benwick "Black Thumb" Barlow, 1st of his name, 1st of his line.
    Heritage: English/Norweigan
    Languages: Fluent in English, Norse and Welsh
    Class / Rank: Freedman
    Allegiance: As of now to no man, but has recently pledged his axe to Baron Arn Magnusson.
    Home: A small cottage and farm in the deep country is surprisingly what a massive man such as Benwick calls home. With barely no livestock, and a crop diminished and small, he lives on scraps, until such a time as his fortune grows. Despite this, he is content, his motto ringing Humble Holding for Humble Men
    Biography: Born into the turmoil of life as a rebel lords son in the far north, Benwick donned his armour and blade at a young age. The frozen soldiers as he called them were proficient and deadly, but as he increased in size, and grew in valour, the foolish Norse broke before his axe; no holdfast or safe place kept away from Benwick son of Bjorn. However the glory soon ended, his father slain by an Englishman gaining revenge for the thieving of his wife, Benwick's mother, despite the girl loving the North more than that slimy island. Benwick slew the man for that.

But trapped in the frozen wastes, with no home and the rebel gang smashed before him, Benwick soon succumbed to the cold. His ear grew black, and the pain was needle sharp. His days were spent shivering from the winds or shaking from the ache. When Benwick tore it off, it was almost a relief. Yet when his right thumb also began to blacken, Benwick simply lopped it off, axe brandished.

Fever muddled, and half dead from infection, Benwick continued to wander. His wandering led him onto a ship, and that ship to England, home of his mother. He hoped there he could find some family, or at least some honour.

Coat of Arms: None, as of yet.

Armour and Weapons:
    Like Westeros? Like the cold? Like Flayed Men? If so, then check out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...69#post4094269
    It has more Roose Bolton than you can shake an arm at.

Sir Benwick Barlow of the Black Thumb, Baliff of Dublin and Ireland - Knight