Thread: How to make more factions playable on hotseat/lan SS 6.1?

Default How to make more factions playable on hotseat/lan SS 6.1?

I like to play as Norway, but for some reason it's not possible on LAN nor Hotseat.

How can I make all the factions playable for multiplayer, or if not possible, atleast change the playable factions so that norway is playable on LAN battles, hotseat, and multiplayer in general?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to make more factions playable on hotseat/lan SS 6.1?

Find the descr_strat file in: mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps
    open it with notepad
    the list titled playable factions should be at the top of this file
    for whatever reason, the last four factions on this list will not be available for hotseat mode, meaning that if you want to play one of them youmust swap it for a faction earlier in the list, to do this just move the locations of the names in the list, replacing that list with the code below would swap norway for the cumans

campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    england
    france
    hre
    spain
    venice
    sicily
    milan
    scotland
    norway
    byzantium
    russia
    moors
    turks
    egypt
    denmark
    portugal
    poland
    hungary
    knights_templar
    lithuania
    kievan_rus
    aragon
    ireland
    cumans
    kwarezm
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Or even easier, go into game, use the " ` " and type in " control norway " it will work. =p

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

So i must just turn on the game, load one of my previous games, and type in " ` ", but where do I type in control Norway?

in the game consol which will apear when you press `
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, but it didn't open for me!

ok, you can only open up the dev council WHEN you are on the WORLD MAP. not in game menu, nor in battle, Also, To select more than one country, you must have selected Hotseat if you are playing a Kingdoms / Kingdoms Mod game.

what do i need to play hotseat ?

problem solved )))) i didnt knew hotseat was in the game in multiplayer menu ) i though i had to download something ))))

For whatever reason, this doesn't work for me.
    I use SS 6.1 and I have no files in \mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps , instead, I have several descr_strat.txt files located in \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign , \data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign and \data\name verifier

I edited all those strat.txt files where I swapped cumans for norway, but in-game, neither in LAN battles (which I want) nor the hotseat campaigns offer Norway as playable faction. Cumans are still in there.

And I believe I cannot use the control norway method in LAN battles :-/

This is what reads my descr.strat.txt files

campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    england
    france
    hre
    spain
    venice
    sicily
    milan
    scotland
    norway
    byzantium
    russia
    moors
    turks
    egypt
    denmark
    portugal
    poland
    hungary
    knights_templar
    lithuania
    kievan_rus
    aragon
    ireland
    cumans
    kwarezm
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    papal_states
    mongols
    teutonic_order
    jerusalem
    slave
    end

So is this dead? I don't understand why all are not playable. I mean, I can't play ireland in lan battles. And if its some sort of limit imposed by the game, is there anyway I can swap some because frankly is there is a limit to the factions then the developers of stainless steel made some poor choices in terms of what they decided people would want to play most in lan. I mean seriously, do we need portugal when we could have had has the poster said norway? The game itself says its advantages are "superior naval units" which pretty much means "not much to talk about in a LAN game...."