Thread: A King Arthur Mod

SaDeR's Avatar Semisalis

Default A King Arthur Mod

Ok, I looked for a thread saying a mod like this, but I could not find anything. I have always been intrested with King Arthur, so I am going to make a mod focusing only on the Celts, England, Wales, and the Saxons. The Map will be very zoomed in on the land so it will seem like the size of the grand campaign map, maybe even bigger (sort of like the brittania campaign, except subtract Ireland.) I wasn't intending on have magical units.

I am not the best modder but with your help this can turn out well, I have good ideas based on the book. So anyone intrested.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Default Re: A King Arthur Mod

I Can Find someone who can help you i think ......

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

have you got RTW? there's a great mod, Arthurian: Total War, for rome that would suit you, but nothing for MTW2
    Dh'aindeoin co'theireadh e - Gainsay Who Dare

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey!
    We make something like this, i hope there will be a preview today!
    You will like it...!

SaDeR's Avatar Semisalis

Ok then, forget this mod unless anybody wants to make it but I wil just get the rtw mod. Thanks.

Any moderator is welcome to close this unless anyone wants to make the mod.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Well Vacus Lux Lucis is slightly later then King Arthur and its set around 600AD with various Saxon Kingdoms, Picts, Welsh kingdoms, Irish Kingdoms and the Vikings. It isnt out just yet though.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Here is firts preview!

Last Kingdom »

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

Mate! that is a sweet mod you're making! I don't suppose there is any chance of cooperation bewteen The Last Kingdom and Vacuus Lux Lucis is there? And great 2d art as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Plonkdog View Post
    Mate! that is a sweet mod you're making! I don't suppose there is any chance of cooperation bewteen The Last Kingdom and Vacuus Lux Lucis is there? And great 2d art as well!
    I think it over.
    How do you get on with your work? What have you made so far?

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    I think it over.
    How do you get on with your work? What have you made so far?
    I suggest you send a PM to plonk about that becuase he knows what things have been done or not.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

right now we're working towards a first release of a demo/showcase thing, with two factions fully playable for custom battles. we're definitely getting there.

Icon1 Re: A King Arthur Mod

I suggest that you also add Scotland.
    The Spartans don't ask how many but where.

I think I saw a few mtw2 mods set around this kind of time period -

INVASIO BARBARORVM 2: CONQVESTVS BRITANNIAE was one of them, rtw 1 had a mod also of this kind of time period

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeGames View Post
    I think I saw a few mtw2 mods set around this kind of time period -

INVASIO BARBARORVM 2: CONQVESTVS BRITANNIAE was one of them, rtw 1 had a mod also of this kind of time period
    Wow, that's a nice bit of necromancy you did here buddy. You're 15 years late last comment on this thread was posted August 22, 2008, 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Wow, that's a nice bit of necromancy you did here buddy. You're 15 years late last comment on this thread was posted August 22, 2008, 06:51 PM.
    I didn't realise there was a time limit on replying to posts? I dont check the year when last post was, when I see interesting posts or discussions ppl bring up. . no need to be sarcastic and annoying.

What are you, the time police or something? doctor who?!! sheesh..

ANYWAY..

Can someone make me a King Arthur mod to play? Like for the Brittania Kingdoms expansion map?

Even a simple mod that didnt require much work as a new original built from the ground up, would be nice

I just want a british map mod, non-historically accurate, based on the movie 'Excalibur (1981)' (ie. Medieval knights/armor mostly)

I dont care about historically accurate, so can just get Scotland from main Brittania campaign to be the Picts, invading from north, and celtic Britons (just use Scotland again with different color I guess, for ease of use/ease of making the mod)

and pagan Saxon invaders, ( but i prefer and like black and yellow flag and i like the more early modern medieval era units from tutorial campaign like how they look, huscarls and thegns, fyrdmen and such rather than the saxons from rtw barbarian invasion era) settled/invading from western part of southern england, from main Mtw2 campaign you can just use those units also)

And then have some different welsh, scottish kingdoms representing Camelot, Arthurs kingdom (can base it off Welsh faction from Brittania campaign, and its religion would be Early Romano-British Christianity).

(and maybe location wise around south west wales, or cornwall region) , One representing Mordred's faction (probably further north ) or on an Island near Scotland . And have the isle of Avalon in between Camelot and Mordred's Kingdom. Or maybe you can just rename the Irish as 'The Emerald Kingdom of Avalon"

(And maybe you can script a double Norman and Norwegian King invasion of west Saxon England towards the end of the game if possible to recreate 1066. That would make me very happy ) ) Like i said, it doesnt have to be historically accurate, just fun

I think doing it this way should be easy by just moving files around and using existing MTW assets (campaign map with a little renaming, factions with some re-coloring ) for any modder to make if they dont have time, energy to create an entirely new fresh Arthurian mod

Could someone (some modder) make this for me please? A fantasy Medieval Arthurian mod based off Excalibur movie?

I dont want or think it has to have lots of 'fantasy' elements, just a few things. Like having excalibur and knights of round table ancillaries. Or renaming a few generals characters with the names of Arthur and his Knights maybe?

Mostly i just want a mix of medieval era armor/setting with arthurian stuff. As I saw in that movie .

As for faction strength, i think it would be - irish weaker, briton/scots/picts weak camelot medium, mordred medium, saxons strong, norway strong , norman invasion (horde mechanic?) stacks very strong - just to create more of a challenge late game ?

Maybe all factions can be set diplomatically to neutral (but maybe a little hostile for future conflict? ) at the start of the game so the player can decide which wars he starts. I dont like in other mods that they have diplomacy already at war when u start a game, doesnt leave any room for diplomacy, or creating alternate alliances/alternative history .

I cant rly run any other tw game on potato computer, so such a mtw2 mod would be nice. )))

Please let me know if u do make it!
    Last edited by ArcadeGames; May 03, 2023 at 09:26 AM. Reason: fixing error, some more ideas