Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wall and Night's Watch

Default Re: The Wall and Night's Watch

I've only read Across the Nightingale Floor, but I didn't like it much. C'mmon: ninjas, samurai, shaolin monks... only pirates are missing. My seven year old brother could create a tale like that. But i think question wasn't serious.

Double A's Avatar person man

There are pirates in the 2nd and 3rd one. Sorta.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gverilec View Post
    I don't agree with first statement. I 've read first Wheel of time book, and i disliked pretty much everything in it (main character is a simple villager of mysterious origins, his village is attacked... | lack of: violence, blood, sex... | quotes in queer and ugly languages | and so on)
    I can't understand why he is so popular.
    Wheel of Time is basically the tales of King Arthur changed around and compiled into one story, with some extras thrown in, and done masterfully. The problem with them is that he had sooo much content it went from a trilogy into a 12 novel story and could probably go several more. It got to be too big, too many characters will be left with their stories untold I think.

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

Wheel of time is stretched out to much if you ask me, allthough the last 3 bookds where quit good again but books 5,6,7 and 8 where really annoying to read through. To bad he's not around anymore to finish the job properly.

I found the prince of nothing trilogy pretty ok but not exccelent.

Feist is just good old fantasy, plain and simple.

A song of Ice and fire was my favorite series of all time but mr. Martin spoiled it to much by doing 5 years over one book and then cutting it in half by removing all the chapters of the cool characters to the next book and then taking another 5 years and still counting for that book

I can only advise you all to start reading steven erikson

He's tales of the malazan empire are just awesome, book one was a bit difficult but good, book 2 was better and book 3 was so incredibly good that when I finished it I just couldn't do anything else then stare in the distance for a quarter or so and think about the fantastic tale I just read. And at least he writes a book a year or something.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12