Thread: is this possible?

Default is this possible?

i wonder if it is possible so that units recruited in a city are automatically disbanded if the city is conquered?

for example: the byzantines have an army which 1/2 comes from constantinople, if constantinople were to fall then 1/2 that army would disband after 2 turns or so.

is this possible cause im not really the best at modding
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: is this possible?

i'm no modder ither, but i doubt this can be programed
    also, why would they suddenly dispand? surely they would just be garrisoned in other cities, or atleast die attempting to take it back

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I'm not sure that it could be scripted as I don't think that once a unit is recruited and on the strat map that there is anyway of distinguishing it from any other unit. I could be wrong as I'm a noob when it comes to scripting but I can't remember coming across anything like this in the docudemons. Even if it could be scripted, doing so for every unit on the map would surely slow the game down to a valium addicted snails pace

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    i wonder if it is possible so that units recruited in a city are automatically disbanded if the city is conquered?

for example: the byzantines have an army which 1/2 comes from constantinople, if constantinople were to fall then 1/2 that army would disband after 2 turns or so.

is this possible cause im not really the best at modding

Wouldn't this be highly unrealistic though? Imagine you are a Byzantine archer and you hear news that Constantinople has been conquered, would you just suddenly disappear in a puff of smoke?

Maybe the units recruited could suffer a heavy morale loss, or at least - any General that had came from there could gain a negative trait, for example "Homeland Conquered".

Wouldn't this be highly unrealistic though? Imagine you are a Byzantine archer and you hear news that Constantinople has been conquered, would you just suddenly disappear in a puff of smoke?

Maybe the units recruited could suffer a heavy morale loss, or at least - any General that had came from there could gain a negative trait, for example "Homeland Conquered".
    i was thinking that troops from that area would abandon the army to return to their recently conquered homeland since that is where their farms/ homes are. They would have to try to find new land to live and make money out of considering war wasn't a professional job, nor was land given frequently. Also if you had your family there you would want to see if something bad had happened so there aren't many reasons to stay in the army.
    But for many reasons i think this idea would be left aside.
    Your idea about the general sounds good but.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Icon3 Re: is this possible?

Not much to do with it, but didn't the 'Byzantine' Empire follow Rome's traditions, did they still give land to retiring veterans, perhaps the Byzantines could be the only ones not affected when their homeland isn't conquered Provided it is possible, of course