Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Alliances: The Holy Wars SS 6.1 (Game Dead)

Default Dual Alliances: The Holy Wars SS 6.1 (Game Dead)

Dual Alliances: The Holy Wars
    SS 6.1

I am the GameMaster, For any questions or requests concerning this game please
    Email me at Destinationcritical@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Settings:

- Difficulty : Very Hard
    - Manage all cities = True
    - Show CPU Moves = False
    - Disable Console = True
    - No battle time limit = False
    - Autoresolve Battles = False
    - Use Passwords = True

Rules:

Your expected to play your turn every 48 hours or you will be subbed, If it happens for a second time in a row you will be replaced. Exceptions will be given if you give prior notice. Turns are uploaded through the upload tool in the forum
    Do not cheat.

Setup Hotseat Campaign for 6.1:

The Teams:
    The teams have been created with the Idea of fairness and realistic feel to their alliances.

1. All teams are of the Same Religion.

2. All teams are distant from each other on the map for the simple reason that neighboring allies at the start of the game would be unfair.
    However, you can make it a goal to combine or join your allies together afterwards.

3. All teams are fairly balanced, For example. (HRE, the strongest of the Catholic nations is allied with the Templars, weakest).
    This means that if you play a catholic nation you will most likely have one strong nation and a weaker one, or two medium strength nations.
    Exception: The Orthdox, Pagan & Islam nations, have slight advantages over the Catholic nations in strength. But because of Crusades and many catholic nations, This will even itself out.

Finally, diplomatic trades of money is accepted between allies, but not the trading of cities with a few exceptions regarding Influence.

(in other words, giving your strong nation all the cities of your weak nation is strictly forbidden).

However, letting go of a captured city by you kingdom and giving it to your ally who's within vicinity is allowed.

Money, maps, alliance, military access is all acceptable

List of available Team Actions to choose from:

Each player is allowed to choose one Team, which consists of 2 kingdoms.
    There are 12 teams and only 8 players.
    Here is the options

Catholic:
    The Catholic nations are numerous and modest in strength, controlling much of the Western hemisphere of the Known world.
    They answer to the Pope who guides them in religious affairs. The could prove the most powerful of faiths, But can they stop their internal wars long enough to rival the new religions of the East?

eddy_purpus

Holy Roman Empire & Knight's Templar

TriforceV

France & Portugal

barcamartin

England & Genoa

thelord

Venice & Norway

Nightbringer

Sicily & Poland

Decimus Atreides

Castile & Scotland

Islam:
    The newest of the Religions, they have risen from the East like a scourge building in strength. They follow the faith of Mohammad and are very powerful, But can they overcome the power of the Pope and his dreaded crusades?

Remi

Egypt &
    Kwarezemian

Kaizer Merlox

Seljurks & Moors

Orthodox:
    The Orthodox, followers of similar faith to the Catholic's but denounce the Pope and choose to follow in their own way. Their culture is old and built upon tradition, Their pride and joy is the remnants of the Old Eastern Roman Empire, and have survived the test of time. But now as the gate keepers from Catholic and Muslim influences, can they withstand and overcome the coming changes?

garto

Byzantine Empire & Novgorod

Pagan:
    The oldest of the religions, once proud a strong culture has been reduced considerably as they have been pushed to the East, however the potential to expand is very real and the Pagans still have some fight to them yet, but can they reclaim their former Glory?

Empedocles

Cuman Empire & Lithuania

========================================================================
    Diplomacy:

ALLIES:

Papacy Elite (allied with Papacy): Sicily, Templars, Genoa

Portugal & Leon

Genoa & Templars
    France & England
    The Holy Roman Empire & Genoa

Byzantine & Hungary
    Venice & Genoa
    Venice & France
    Sicily & The Holy Roman Empire
    Egypt & Turkey
    Turkey & Kwarezem
    The Holy Roman Empire & England
    Novgorod & Kiev
    Sicily & Templars

WAR:
    Venice VS Sicily

Scotland VS England
    Genoa VS Moors
    England VS Ireland
    Portugal VS Moors

Destroyed Factions:

Aragon
    Denmark

Last edited by TriforceV; May 13, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Default Re: Dual Alliances: The Holy Wars SS 6.1

I have a few questions about settings :

- Manage all cities = False
    Does it mean that we cannot manage cities without general ? I would prefer "true", but if you prefer "False", that's OK.

So we can fight battles on battlefield. Can we do it when we attack other players ?

Do we really have to modify the "Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg" file ? I haven't done it for the other hotseat i play, and it seems to work. If we do, doesn't it interact with other hotseats ?

Hmmm, i'd say it does interact, when you change things. I have another question, my .cfg file looks like this:

[hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    # scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    # turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    # disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    # update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    # disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    # autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    # validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    # save_prefs = false
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    # autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    # save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false

Must i completely replace it with the [hotseat] thing you have sent me?

Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    I have a few questions about settings :

- Manage all cities = False
    Does it mean that we cannot manage cities without general ? I would prefer "true", but if you prefer "False", that's OK.

So we can fight battles on battlefield. Can we do it when we attack other players ?

Do we really have to modify the "Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg" file ? I haven't done it for the other hotseat i play, and it seems to work. If we do, doesn't it interact with other hotseats ?
    Alright, good point on manage all cities, it was a clerical error, I've changed it too true, as I'm not a fan of having generals in every city all the time.

Yes Autoresolve is False, but it only means you have the option to attack on the battlemap, but its not a requirement, you can still autoreslove its still and option.

the cfg modification isn't necessary, however the option to change it to be more compatible to receive messages/ events diable consol (a must) to avoid anyone abusing and cheating etc.. its just a setting for the game so that it all runs smoothly, if its not setup the game will still run, but it will become laggy and lose many of its features, for example during papl elections if you have it enabled and someone doesn't then you could vote and others wouldn't.
    I understand your reluctance about not wanting to change it. but if even one person doesn't modify the specifications exactly, then we loose some features,
    however it won't make it so the game is impossible to play.
    Last edited by TriforceV; August 18, 2008 at 08:17 AM.

thelord's Avatar Senator

What order have you put the turns in then Triforce?

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus Atreides View Post
    Hmmm, i'd say it does interact, when you change things. I have another question, my .cfg file looks like this:

Must i completely replace it with the [hotseat] thing you have sent me?
    Not really, just replace the first [hotseat] title as having 2 would screw things up.

All that information is not being used either, if my coding is correct, because all the # or ## means that the code is not going into effect, its just lines for information with the option of erasing the # or ## for more experienced users.

so if you set it up correctly it should look like this.

[hotseat]
    turns = false
    scroll = false
    disable_console = true
    disable_papal_elections = true
    validate_diplomacy = true
    autosave = true
    save_prefs = true
    update_ai_camera = true
    save_config = true
    autoresolve_battles = false

## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    # scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    # turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    # disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    # update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    # disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    # autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    # validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    # save_prefs = false
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    # autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    # save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false
    or you could just simply erase it as it doesn't really make a difference, just good information at explaining what the cfg options do for hotseat.

[hotseat]
    turns = false
    scroll = false
    disable_console = true
    disable_papal_elections = true
    validate_diplomacy = true
    autosave = true
    save_prefs = true
    update_ai_camera = true
    save_config = true
    autoresolve_battles = false

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    What order have you put the turns in then Triforce?
    Turn order is as follows,
    from Team 1 to Team 10.

Its as simple as that, some people take into account Time Zones for making the order of turn, However from experience, I've rarely had HS campaigns that runs so smoothly that time zone is a considerable factor. as long as everyone keeps updated daily, there shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    Yes Autoresolve is False, but it only means you have the option to attack on the battlemap, but its not a requirement, you can still autoreslove its still and option..
    So the player who attacks has a huge advantage, as he can play the battle against AI...

the cfg modification isn't necessary, however the option to change it to be more compatible to receive messages/ events diable consol (a must) to avoid anyone abusing and cheating etc.. its just a setting for the game so that it all runs smoothly, if its not setup the game will still run, but it will become laggy and lose many of its features, for example during papl elections if you have it enabled and someone doesn't then you could vote and others wouldn't.
    I understand your reluctance about not wanting to change it. but if even one person doesn't modify the specifications exactly, then we loose some features,
    however it won't make it so the game is impossible to play.
    So we got 2 options ? :
    - Create a copy of our Medieval2 directory just for this hotseat
    - Or change the Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg every time we play our turn
    Unless it's the only hotseat we play...

Another question :
    -What's the armies size ?
    Last edited by Remi; August 18, 2008 at 09:16 AM.

thelord's Avatar Senator

Believe me Remi, you do not want to go against an enemy bodyguard on very hard mode. They take a hell of a lot of troops to bring down.

Believe me Remi, you do not want to go against an enemy bodyguard on very hard mode. They take a hell of a lot of troops to bring down.
    I always play battles on Very Hard mode
    I'm not against playing battles, i just think its easier (and more fun) to beat AI in battle than in autoresolve.

I know, i just played a battle in the America's campaign, i needed 3 full units (3x90) of silver chevron pikemen, a unit of conquistadores, and a (very) lucky cannonbal in their midst (their BG units was 51 men strong), in ferocity one of the scariest battles ive seen so far

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

I vote for playing our own battles. The difficulty should be hard.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    So the player who attacks has a huge advantage, as he can play the battle against AI...

So we got 2 options ? :
    - Create a copy of our Medieval2 directory just for this hotseat
    - Or change the Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg every time we play our turn
    Unless it's the only hotseat we play...

Another question :
    -What's the armies size ?
    You don't need to create a whole copy of medieval2 directory,
    just a copy of the cfg file

The autoresolve battles have had many debats concering wether its good or bad, fair and balanced etc..
    in the end its balanced, yes its easier to win against the AI, but everyone will have that same advantage and disadvantage in defense likewise, the only difference from autoresolve mode is that now you need to plan your strategy accordingly,
    in war against a human player for example it might not be wise to leaving an army without protection of forts/buildings as well as the very powerful uses of spies both in defense and offense installed.,

The army size will be standard, from the best of my knowledge, in other words units are vanilla 6.1 ss.
    This of course it's changeable, and I don't mind adding a few more troops here and there if someone has some ideas.
    Last edited by TriforceV; August 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

Oh, and something else. This is just me thinking up loud, but wouldn't it be nice if instead of posting the save-file and saying "(...)'s turn up", we include part of our way of playing our turn i.e. what strategy we think to use (in shrouded words of course, can't hand the enemy the entire battle-plan) what buildings we built (special ones such as great market, cathedral) and what alliances we hope to make. So it we'll be a sort of AAR, in terms of making a story around the game? anyone thinks this might be fun?

thelord's Avatar Senator

nah, thats too much fuss in my opinion, besides I prefer to operate in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus Atreides View Post
    Oh, and something else. This is just me thinking up loud, but wouldn't it be nice if instead of posting the save-file and saying "(...)'s turn up", we include part of our way of playing our turn i.e. what strategy we think to use (in shrouded words of course, can't hand the enemy the entire battle-plan) what buildings we built (special ones such as great market, cathedral) and what alliances we hope to make. So it we'll be a sort of AAR, in terms of making a story around the game? anyone thinks this might be fun?
    and intresting Idea,
    Always fun to have a role play element in this.
    for example "Great cathedral was built in Paris and the masses rejoice to their new faith" etc...
    But not all information or news given doesn't necessarily have to be truthful.

You can be as open and as quite as you like, but please please, Post pictures

You can be as open and as quite as you like, but please please, Post pictures
    Like in-battle pictures? for then i might need some new software

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

Hey can you leave it on standard size plz cos my comp can't handle huge units in huge battles! I imagine you can say what you want but pics are cool to see what u've been up to! I think you can start it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
    Hey can you leave it on standard size plz cos my comp can't handle huge units in huge battles! I imagine you can say what you want but pics are cool to see what u've been up to! I think you can start it?
    Still waiting on Kaizer Merlox, to give us his password.
    When he does I'll load up the first turn,
    if he hasn't done it by tomorrow I'll have no other choice but to replace him.

I want people who are aware and take this game seriously.. so please Kaizer Merlox, reply. If any of you know him or can contact him I suggest you do so.

Alright,
    The game has officially started!

Now first up Team 1 though 10, is

HRE & Templars
    Aeries777777

Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast