Thread: Best faction?

Default Best faction?

To me it seems the factions are very unbalanced in this mod. For example theres no point playing Scotland if your just gonna get destroyed by firearms and heavy infantry from the English. Portugal don't have any infantry worth using, England have heavy infantry and good firepower so its easy to overpower Scotland and can easily come round to destroy Spain and Portugal. I have yet to play the other factions but France seems like they could destroy England easily because England has no pikes/spears, infact in my English campaign France have conqured Spain, Portugal, Genoa and HRE and are moving against Poland and Hungary, they seem unstoppable.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Best faction?

Unfortunately, you are right; due to the fact that in this version, there are no units to compensate for the deleted ones, factions can indeed be extremely tilted towards one style of play or an other, and get thus very counterable. Also, factions with the best late-era armies become powerhouses.
    If you look at the faction threads, however, you may see this won't be a problem in v3.0!.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard