Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - Re Organisation and start over - OFFICIAL!!! -

Default - Re Organisation and start over - OFFICIAL!!! -

OK. GSTK got off to a rocky start. We had a civil war before the game had began. Other complications set in. We had no obvious set laws.

Basically, it was a complicated mess. Fun in places, but still all mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar226 View Post
    Go ahead....Caradog you organize the restart and ill do my mod duties...also since I am out of the rping part you guys can take matters into your own hands....mind you I would like to be tolds before somrhing happens
    So it's official. We are going to re-organise everything.

Recently Ceaser quit as King. He is still boss of the forum though. Many things will still have to be agreed by him.

It's Sunday today, I say in a weeks time after much discussion and law making, we can have Ceaser re-do everything.

So here are the big new rules I propose (everyone has a say in this, and much discussing will go on)

-Start over on SS6.1
    Most people have Kingdoms and SS6.1. 6.1 is a lot more fun to play.

-Late Era Campaign
    I say we start over on late era. This way we can;
    -Have our new charcters be great heirs of our last ones
    -Much more flexibility (it wouldn't be so silly to have a civil war, Naval Academy, university's and so on)

-Written Magna Carta and other roleplaying laws
    We will have one big magna carta post to be stickied in parliment, to be edited by moderators. We will have a discussion post on the magna carta in parliment. The magna carta will include the laws on trials, laws on punishments. Everything we can think of.

-Kings and Civil Wars
    Now, I suggest, and this is a suggestion . Seeing as Ceaser is no longer King, and the aim of the game is to be King, then not only 1 player can be King. In the case of a civil war, a new King might be installed. Of course, with all the new laws and stuff, making a civil war will be a lot harder than before. More than often you will be simply trialed and hung, and the world will carry on.
    Civil wars, from now on, if they are in progress, will be placed in game in this way. When a civil war is happening, we will just press end turn without doing anything. It makes a lot of sense. All our troops would techniqually be fighting each other.
    If civil wars come to a climax, it will be determined by a final online battle. We will see which Knights are on who's side (role play now) and determine an amount of troops for each side by the amount of Player Knights they have. This way winning over Knights through politics and backstabbing will be big.

-Current Realm Post
    On the main page, we will have a current realm post. Here will screenshots of our land on the campaign map be taken, and what recently happened in the last turn on game, and also who owns which settlement and who is naval commander e.t.c

-Army Conscription
    I have allready explained much of this in parliment. It can be found here.

-More common deaths
    We need to have more backstabbing, duels, and deaths. Next time a jousting tournament is held, chances of death will be higher. Also, in a civil war, as I mentioned, a random half of the loosing sides men will be killed (in battle), and the other half will be trialed.

-Money System
    Maybe, if all goes well, and we organise this well, we may be able to install a money system. It will be complicated, but will add to the game.

-Characters
    ON STARTING OVER, YOU WILL NOT LOOSE YOUR CHARACTERS. You can if you want give them new names, but they will keep previous ranks and such. They will be great grandsons of your previous characters if you want, or their personal stories and lives might of just happened a bit in the future (just change the dates on your personal stories). As for your homes, they may of been passed down from generation to generation. They will be put in the archives, but you can take them from there and copy the OP, edit it, and re post it.
    Last edited by Desperado †; August 17, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Default Re: - Re Organisation and start over - OFFICIAL!!! - Somebody Sticky this

i agree & support.

Default Re: - Re Organisation and start over - OFFICIAL!!! - Somebody Sticky this

Good and thanks. Could you sticky these Holy?

sure can

Djϋn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Default Re: - Re Organisation and start over - OFFICIAL!!! -

Probably for the best, now people can actually reference the Holy Land! (First crusade was in 1096 if anyone is interested)

Double A's Avatar person man

Yay!
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Yep. Seeing as so much has happened as we will be playing late era, we wont have to be so strict on historical corectness e.t.c

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

Caradog how far exactly ahead of the game are we thinking? Far enough that there will be Protestants and the like in existance? That could be interesting:hmmm:

Yay, more Heretics to slay

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

Or a Revolution to set into motion?

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

I agree that changes need to be done I think that many games have problems with time and thing like that I have a few ideas on how the game can move along quicker. Swindhelm will definitely need a name change perhaps Edmund Blackadder Duke of Edinburgh can come into it.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Quote Originally Posted by 13ig_VV View Post
    Caradog how far exactly ahead of the game are we thinking? Far enough that there will be Protestants and the like in existance? That could be interesting:hmmm:
    When does Late Era ss6.1 start? 1120 I think. Or is it 1220? Anyway, no I amfraid no Protestants and so on. But it dosen't matter for historical accuracy if jousts are more common and festivals and so on. Not to mention the population is bigger so its generally more fun. The thing we will have to pull out is the Saxon Raids we've occaisionally had in Roleplay, but hey - there are still plenty of rebellious Welsh, lurking Scotish and brigands around the land.

Kingzilla's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree on everything but the online civil war thingy, cause I got no online on Med.
    The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.

-Napolean Bonaparte

Thanks. And we now have proof that Celsius isn't dead. 1220, thats much better. Not only will we come closer to things such as the black death, but jousts and such were more common, chivalry is in full flow, trade is more important, Cathedrals are bigger, gunpowder is closer and many many other things.

EDIT: Not to mention starting a new order wouldn't be seen as so odd. Nor would fighting clergymen.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

A bit of a noob question--what exactly is ss6.1? is it a mod? if so, any good?

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

tis AWSOME
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Its a mod that is based on Kingdoms I think

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Its a mod that is based on Kingdoms I think
    You need Kingdoms to play it, but it uses the grand campaign. SS stands for Stainless Steel. We were playing on SS 4.1, because that dosen't need Kingdoms, but it turns out only Ceaser didn't have Kingdoms, and 6.1 is way better than 4.1. It is in my view the best Mod for a historical Europe on Medieval TW II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast