Thread: The Colour of the Ships.

Default The Colour of the Ships.

Greetings.

I wanted to comment that there is no difference in the ships aside from the flag and a band that goes from prow to the poop deck, red for English and the blue one for the Americans. What must have would be black hull and yellow strips in the gundecks for English and the black hull and white strips in the gundecks for the Americans, so that outside more historical, the boats not only were different by the flag, if not by the color of the strips and other things. With a simple change of textures in the flanks already it would be far better.

For example:

When the strips were equal then the boats if they were different by the flags, which were of great size, for example, the one of the English ship Victory:

The Santa Ana:

And until the French with the Bucentaure:

They are almost equal as far as the painting, for that reason they are different by the great flags.

Also it is necessary to say to give him to the maximum realism point the boats should to have different tonalities within the same scheme. The Spanish decrees dictated that the boats should to be repainted every two years, but as all a thing is the norms and another one the reality haha…, so the habitual thing were worn away colors, different intense or whitened yellows but according to the deterioration from the painting.

Thanks, and sorry for my english again.
    Last edited by Gale; August 16, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

Default Re: The Colour of the Ships.

very good gale,the historicity in everything is very important.
    CA must learn.
    CA not clones ships.
    CA not clones units types,for example line infantry.
    every country have his uniform diferent.
    the players of the totalwar saga wants a good game.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; August 17, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

I'd like some pink boats, and some infantry with ice cream throwers and elephant hats! I think it would add to the realism

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    CA not clones units types,for example line infantry.
    every country have his uniform diferent.
    the players of the totalwar saga wants a good game.
    I have already made another post with the colors of the infantry, are not all equal, since you said the historicity is very important.

Greetings Anibal and duda.
    ''Los infantes espaņoles prefieren la muerte a la derrota''

I disagree... I want a good game, not a good historical encyclopedia.

It sounds like they have an army of workers making sure the game looks great, and I think that's a bad idea. They should be working on making the game work great. If they get bogged down on the details, it's going to be as flawed as the last couple of TW games.

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

True how well the game plays should come first but once they have accomplished that then they should be looking to make it look nice which with the state of graphics today they can. There is no reason why they couldn't make a number of skins or slightly altered models for a certain type of ship. Though you can't beat attention to detail, its the little things that make the game worth while like proper smoke.