Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: questions topic

Default questions topic

well i was adviced to open one topic for questions to save space so i took the advice and if ill have any questions ill just put them up in this post and if any one wants to ask a question go add.

q1:
    will you take any thing off the EB 1 map?[regions\forest\mountian]
    q2:
    will you remodel all the characters on the map and will each factions\culture have its own characters[that arnt generals or military units i mean diplomats thiefs priests if you will have any and ships]
    q3:
    will you remodel the siege ram?[it just looks a bit viking i think so will you balance it to really look plain old ram?]
    q4:
    will yo remodel the walls like you did for the barbaric factions[i just recall saba had viking walls]
    q5:
    will you includ random wepon units?[like have random barbaric or just plain warriors with mixed axe sword and club wepons+ shild] and if posible 2 wepons[proably imposible just figured i would ask]
    q6:
    im not sure how much is this historical but will you have elite cavalery units that will have abour 1-5 waves of javalin attacks and then move to a strong sword or spear or what ever attack that will be strong like an elite cacalery attack[proably in greek factions]
    q7:
    im not sure how will the whole relegion system be used but will you have a convertion action?[like in the tutonic campaign..]
    q8:
    will there be recrutable ships im not sure they are historicly corect but might be usful for the britania celts and saba since there ship production was weak in EB 1
    q9:
    will you remodel any of the buildings at all?[it will be just wierd that it will look mediavel i am asking this becouse i recall you having problems with building modelers]
    q10:
    will you at all use the papal system?
    q11:
    will the map stay the same or can it posibly go even further then saka?
    q12:
    will you have unranged elephent units? since i dont remember seeing any in M2TW
    q13:
    counsil gifts?
    i cant remember the counsil at all excicting in Rome total war exsept for the senat or maby i wasnt paying attention , any how will you have counsil unit gifts?
    q14:
    there was the usage of the trench digger in RTW will you also includ it in EB 2?
    q15:
    emerging factions?[will there be any at all?]

and a final stupied off topic question:
    will you have aztecs or native americans ? XD
    [or use any of there systems..]

Icon3 Re: questions topic

1) The map will be redrawn, but it will cover the same area and have the same number of provinces. However, those won't all be the same provinces as in EB1.

4) Modelling city graphics was a pain in R:TW, and AFAIK it hasn't become easier in M2:TW. So it's not going to be a priority even if it will be done.

5) There will be some variation in weapons within units, but a unit will use only one type of weapon (for example, no shortswords and longswords in the same unit). It's not feasible to stat a mixed unit.

6) If they historically did, then they will have it. However, one should keep in mind that the same unit could be equipped differently for various tasks (i.e. Alexander's Hetairoi IIRC occasionally were equipped as Aspidophoroi, but not during set-piece battles).

7) I am not sure what you are asking. The religious system is going to be used, but not for religion. Conversion rates are unrealistically fast and can't be fine-tuned. Instead, it's probably going to be used to represent political systems.

11) See 1).

15) No.

I cannot answer your other questions.

Default Re: questions topic

too bad
    foot you got the answers?

any way
    here are some more questions

q1:
    since saka were also known by the chinese will it have valuble resources at their region like silk and such?
    q2:
    will you still includ the types of conquests regions you had in EB1 like make it an ally state or a colonly etc...
    q3:
    will you allow mass recruit of soldier like in M2TW and preheps general recuit or stick to the old challenging method of one at a time?
    q4:
    will you randomly add famouse real general names for factions or preheps make the historicly real and the will apear as special units with time
    like i remember in one mod i had hannibal and he was just some govener and i had ceacer ones playing with rome again a simple govener
    q5:
    will you use and record new voices or use the ones in EB1?
    q6:
    random general skin or area stabalised general skins?
    q7:
    will new maps apear in the early days of the mods relase?
    q8:
    mercenery generals? it is proably a very unlikely and wierd idea but i do remember hannibal recruting local tribe men generals and advisors on hes way to rome
    q9:
    what things are you going to rebalnce in the city[pop growth,influance on relations and public temper etc...]
    q10:
    fanatic ability? i know you didnt use it in EB 1 will you consider it in EB 2 or atleast give us the nude warriors again

q11:
    will there be any new guilds expeceted?[since we didnt have any in EB1]

thats it for now
    yura
    Last edited by Yura92; August 17, 2008 at 04:24 PM.

Answers to Post 1

1. There will be several changes to the EB map and we are still discussing those. However the area the map covers will stay the same, though scaled up.

2. Yes, we will eventually have completely different models for all agents, settlements and resources on the EBII map.

3. Where it is possible to do so we will re-model seige equipment to fit our period of history better. However the priority in that area of the mod right now is the completion of units so do not expect to see these changes in the first release of the mod.

4. Where it is possible to do so we will try to remodel walls for different culture groups. However the priority in that area of the mod right now is the completion of units so do not expect to see these changes in the first release of the mod.

5. There will be more of a mix in the weapons that a unit holds, however they will still be organised by weapon. You may find axes and swords in the same unit, but we are wary of breaking the stat system and will be limited by that.

6. I believe that the Tarantine cavalry unit in EBI is an elite unit with javelins. It is likely that this unit will be in EBII as well.

7. There will be specific cases where a faction will change from one "religion" to another. However it will be used in a very specific manner. "Religion" in EBII won't represent religion, we will explain this in due course.

8. I suspect you mean will there be mercenary ships. Yes I believe that we will include this new feature. Though the specifics have not been discussed as of yet.

9. If we can we will try. However the priority in that area of the mod right now is the completion of units so do not expect to see these changes in the first release of the mod.

10. The Papal System requires a faction slot and for that reason we will not use it.

11. The map will scaled up so that distances between cities will be bigger than they currently are. It will also extend eastwards a little further, though the no new provinces will be added in this new area of the map.

12. Elephants will come with two types of tower unit, archers and javelinmen. If at all possible they will be represented in exactly the same fashion as they were in EBI.

13. Councils will exist for some factions definately and most likely for all factions.

14. The Sapper seige weapon in RTW was a horrible representation of how walls were destroyed during seiges and will not reappear in EBII.

15. No, there will be no emerging factions. We want all factions to be playable.

Answers to Post 3.

1. In EBI the Saka were able to build a special caravan building. There was also the silk road building. However as for resources that has not been decided upon yet.

2. Governments will completely change in EBII, but the idea of establishing different government types will stay the same. However they will be entirely more fluid than before.

3. Yes, we will use the full power of the recruitment system in M2TW.

4. No, we will never do this. We do not want the game to run on rails and feel that it is far more fun for a player to create his own Hannibal or his own Caesar.

5. We will use existing voicemods but will continue to create new ones. As some unit name changes will happen new parts of existing voicemods will be recorded.

6. I do not understand this question.

7. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

8. Unlikely as they didn't appear in EBI. However it hasn't come up in discussion yet.

9. The settlement stat system will change dramatically as part of a change in the core mechanics in EBII.

10. Unlikely as it didn't appear in EBI. However it hasn't come up in discussion yet.

11. We haven't decided exactly how to use the guild mechanic yet.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

thanks alot foot as for the question
    q6:i wanted to ask if the rebel generals will look like generals from that coltures area or again have only one skiN?
    q7: sorry i ment to ask if you will have new factions in the first release of the mod

yura

q6. No that is impossible, so we will once again have to choose a model and skin that is suitable for all provinces.
    q7. New factions will appear in the first release of the mod.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

alright thanks
    here are 2 more questions
    q1:
    i remember seeing in wikipedia a page about the sakas manely
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ct_Warrior.jpg
    this picture of a Golden Cataphract Warrior
    will this unit be included[preheps it has alredy been and i dont remember]
    q2:
    will you have diffrent horse skins in armys?
    and preheps a mixed race unit showing men of diffrent colours[not manely black and white i mean lighter and darker in white black brown yellow etc..]

q1. That is a ceremonial piece of armour and wouldn't comprise part of a unit and I don't think would even have been worn into battle by anyone ever. We are well aware of its existence, but as it does not exist in EBI I can be relatively sure it won't exist in EBII.

q2. There will be variation of horse skins within a unit. Units that are recruited from a large area or different ethnicities will have variant skin colours, iirc.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

+rep for answering dozens of questions.

q1:
    since saka were also known by the chinese will it have valuble resources at their region like silk and such?
    q4:
    will you randomly add famouse real general names for factions or preheps make the historicly real and the will apear as special units with time
    like i remember in one mod i had hannibal and he was just some govener and i had ceacer ones playing with rome again a simple govener
    q5:
    will you use and record new voices or use the ones in EB1?
    q8:
    mercenery generals? it is proably a very unlikely and wierd idea but i do remember hannibal recruting local tribe men generals and advisors on hes way to rome
    q10:
    fanatic ability? i know you didnt use it in EB 1 will you consider it in EB 2 or atleast give us the nude warriors again

q11:
    will there be any new guilds expeceted?[since we didnt have any in EB1]
    q1) The Silk Road is already in EB1. I don't know whether it's exactly what you mean, but as far as I know the Sakae didn't actively create silk.]

q4) The EB team has decided against any famous generals that we may know after around the year 255. An example would be Hannibal, who had been proposed, but they decided against that because in your history (while playing EB ) perhaps Carthage had already been destroyed by the time he was born, or perhaps Carthage and Rome were at peace, in which scripting a fullstack in Iberia would make sense whatsoever.

q5) I'm not really sure on this, but I'm sure they will use the ones from EB1 and finish all the voices that haven't been done yet. Don't quote me on it, though.

q8) Mercenary generals are already available in EB1. I'm not sure whether you mean to recruit generals on his to Rome, but I really wouldn't know that. I don't think so.

q10) I'm pretty sure the Gaesatae and their Galatian counterparts will be back for EB2.

q11) There has been a reference to this in Stele 6, which perhaps will have Guilds for Pergamon to represent the fact they they gave them lands to live while the Galatians would fight for Pergamon in return.

q1:
    i dont really know alot about the feuture systems but exsept for public happines will the budhist stupa have any other influance? since it is kind of a relegion and is it really nececery?
    q2:
    will the engine of the aztec priest\native american medicine men be used? preheps for one of the european more barbaric factions
    q3:
    i remember having blank spaces in africa and the arabian penisula will you includ any settelment there or add it to an excisting settlment?
    q4:
    will the germanic tribes have longships?
    q5:
    is it posible to make some units higer and others shorter?[same unit diffrent skins..]
    q6:
    i cant really remember droping any soldiers of walls in kingdom and i could do that in EB will you includ that posibility?
    q7:will you make natrual dissasters such as vollcanos\storm\plagues less rare?

"
    q4) The EB team has decided against any famous generals that we may know after around the year 255. An example would be Hannibal, who had been proposed, but they decided against that because in your history (while playing EB ) perhaps Carthage had already been destroyed by the time he was born, or perhaps Carthage and Rome were at peace, in which scripting a fullstack in Iberia would make sense whatsoever.
    "

how about just giving each starting faction a strong general sort of like a legendery general[dont really have to have any abilitys tho if you will be able to do that, that will be insane!] as a sort of boots
    Last edited by Yura92; August 19, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

q1. It will have a similar bonuses as other temples. The specifics havent been decided.

q2. Not sure on the specifics on this. But so far priests are not being used in EBII.

q3. We have a maximum of 199 provinces in both EBI and EBII. We cannot add settlements to those areas without deleting provinces from other areas.

q4. Longships are far out of our timeframe. Unless you have some evidence we don't.

q5. No that is impossible. If they have different models then it would be possible, but that is not currently part of our plan in modelling the new units for EBII.

q6. If it doesn't happen in Kingdoms then it is unlikely to happen in EBII.

q7. These will probably stay the same as they are in EBI.

how about just giving each starting faction a strong general sort of like a legendery general[dont really have to have any abilitys tho if you will be able to do that, that will be insane!] as a sort of boots
    If history offers the player at the beginning of the game an "Awesome" general then he will be included as part of the faction family tree. We are not going to introduce people so that you can have an "Awesome" general. That isn't what EB is about.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

delra's Avatar Praepositus

"Religion" in EBII won't represent religion, we will explain this in due course.
    Like culture? Greek, Roman, Phoenician, Barbarian, Steppe/Nomad, Indian?

Will (can?) recruitment be dependant on culture? (So when you slowly convert your cities from Greek to Roman, you slowly stop being able to recruit Greek units and get them replaced with Roman counterparts)? This would probably represent the conversion of the society to new culture far better than government type and barracks type.

Will Romans be able to build (for example) more barbarian buildings in "type IV" province to boost its barbarism and to get best Gallic troops like Brihentin?

Stele #7? ^

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Like culture? Greek, Roman, Phoenician, Barbarian, Steppe/Nomad, Indian?
    Nope. Something far better.

Will (can?) recruitment be dependant on culture? (So when you slowly convert your cities from Greek to Roman, you slowly stop being able to recruit Greek units and get them replaced with Roman counterparts)? This would probably represent the conversion of the society to new culture far better than government type and barracks type.
    Yes that is possible, but no that is not how we are going to do it.

Will Romans be able to build (for example) more barbarian buildings in "type IV" province to boost its barbarism and to get best Gallic troops like Brihentin?
    That would require more building slots than we have to be done properly.

Stele #7? ^
    Perhaps...

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

q1:
    i dont know if this is historical of not but is it posible to have sort of buildings for the more advanced factions[rome,carthage,selukids etc..]
    a mercenery camp in less colture influanced so you will have like elite exsotic troops that will be recutible by a special merecenry camp in thoese places like a roman-galic or chartage-iberian or indo-greecan elite units

q1. Are you asking if there will be units that appear as hybrids of two cultures (romano-celtic, etc)? We already have them. Besides one of the most influential military cultures of the period was celtic, not roman or carthage. But with limited unit space these will always be few in number.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

delra's Avatar Praepositus

I believe he meant allowing wealthy factions to build a special building that whould "import" units from another parts of a map, like Elephants to Rome or Brihentin to Baktra. It would be so... arcade IMO.

Oh right. Then yes, we will have something akin to this. Though it will be heavily controlled. You wouldn't find Brihentin in India, but Carthage was well known for importing troops or relying on mercenaries. This aspect of their military will be represented.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

cannot wait for steele 7 .
    when
    1 day .
    1 week .
    1 month !!! ?¿

well lets hope its a week much waitiing
    im gonna keep an eye in this EB forum

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast