Thread: Victorian Units for NTW2

Default Victorian Units for NTW2

I have begun making some Crimean units for a possible mod for the NTW 2 system and community. I am only making the units - which I would make available for anyone who might be inspired to make the battles of Alma, and Balaklava, Inkerman and or what ever else might be inspired - the plan right now is British and Russian.

I have completed the Guards (Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots) Highlanders (93rd, Blck Watch, 72nd and 79th) Line, Scots Greys, 11th Hussars, 17th Lancers so far but....

....first I wanted to ask the permission of this mod community to continue - before I go forward to re-lease these models when completed to this community.

Regards

Default Re: Victorian Units for NTW2

You are using the NTW2 files to make a personal modification?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

No - I am not making a mod - mod folder - or historical battles that funtions in any way. Just making the units of the time period - I wanted to release them into this NTW2 community for use if somebody wanted to make a Crimean Battles Mod - then they are there for the taking - but if you guys are not ok with that - I will just make them for my own personal use. So I am good either way with what you all decide.

Ah okay, so you are planning to modify some of the textures? That's okay, so long as you credit NTW2 as being the base. I thought you were asking to import NTW2 units into a mod dealing with the Victorian period.

Best of luck. I am sure that we'll be happy to see what you have to offer in the future.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Great! Thanks for the pre-endorsement - all credit goes to NTW2 of course

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

This is some exciting newsfar too often the warfare that raged througout the Era of Victoria has been skimmed over and never addressed.It will be refreshing to recreate the tragedy and triumph of the final charge of the light Brigade

Indefinitely Banned

I hope that soon You show screens with Your Victorian units.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

FRANCO PRUSSIAN WAR!!!!!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Its a gradual project - but its actually moving at a decent pace - its something I am doing for fun - On the side of working on Hic Est Lacedaemon and Myhology Total War units. Its one of the main areas of focus in my art and always wanted to see it come to life since I was a kid and saw the newer of the two versions of the 'Charge of the Light Brigade' (They really should re-visit this). Did you know they filmed the charge of the Heavys (which was a great victory in that battle) and the stand of the 'Thin Red Line' but it got cut in final edit? SHAME. So I thought I would make these units - maybe it will inspire somone to make the battles.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Hmmm...that really is a shame,that they were cut from he final edit..especially since the Actual charge was rather anticlimactic.

Sounds rather interesting maybe you could included the Indian Mutiny.
    The King over the water!