Thread: Regions & Provinces Mod v2.4 bug?

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

Default Regions & Provinces Mod v2.4 bug?

Last settlement of Ireland I press fight battle on map as Ireland have a full stack army behind me fighting me and one general inside the city. I pressed fight battle on map. It crashes why?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Regions & Provinces Mod v2.4 bug?

I don't know if sb2ean got all the units he added up to date. Who is the general and what unit is he commanding? I'll try to trace it later.

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

I'm England. And the settlement last Irish settlement is Galway. I'm against King Conchobar, Prince Fearghus, Roy of Tara, balista, Bonnachts, 2xIrish nobles, 2x Galloglaich. I auto resolved the battle as I couldnt fight nor retreat. I won. But the army outside the castle retreated into Galway so I aint defeated them. So currently I'm seiging them. What does getting all the units up to date have to do with the game crashing? I've fought Ireland before in open battles and won.

Same units or different units? What English units this time versus last time? It makes all the difference in the world if the game can't load the right files. That is why animation files in this game are a pain at times.

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

Different units this time. I messed up the first post Irishron sorry. Just to confirm I'm England and I have noticed Ireland have been missing some skins because when I pressed on the army and clicked on some units they had a wrong skin.

It's a Seige on Galway. Just now that they pulled all there forces back for one last stand. They were seiging my settlements in Ireland but now they've pulled everyone back for a last stand. The units are 3x Generals, balista, bonnachts, Irish Nobles, Galloglaich. Reinforcements (1) 3x Galloglaich, bonnachts. Reinforcements (2) Bonnachtsx2.

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

News. I had to auto resolve all my battles in Ireland... I retreated first then they had more movement points so I had to auto resolve. Bad thing is I'm left with Two settlements now when I had 3. I also had to give 25000 floirns for a ceasefire as I was getting killed in every battle.

News. Most of the units have no skins on the preview of the battle. You no when you click on the enemy general to see what his army holds. The unit icons are shown but when you right click to get more information say on bonnachts the skin is missing. However I have played against Ireland before on a "fight battle on map" before and I have had no problems. Its just now.

I'll check it out when I get a chance. Missing skins can cause the ctd, unfortunately.

I have found the problem concerning the bonnachts. In the battle_modles.modeldb I found this entry:
    57 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/bonnachts_ug2_lod0.mesh 121
    57 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/bonnachts_ug2_lod1.mesh 900
    57 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/bonnachts_ug2_lod2.mesh 2500
    57 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/bonnachts_ug2_lod3.mesh 6400
    and the meshes not listed in that folder of which says they were never made.

Now, what units do you suggest to copy and paste in there so they'll show up?

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

Lol I don't know. I'm not that skilled with mods. Play a campaign with England and battle against the irish to see whats the problem. Plus I found another bug.

Go to custom battle. On player 2 its on Scotland. Deselect Scotland and you can't choose Scotland again. Nor can you choose Scotland for any other player.

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

Sorry for double post but hope you find chance to check it out and again thanks for all your help!

I know nothing about skins and for a long time to come. I have too much else to do to learn it. Family needs still comes first. Scotland problem sounds like a CA bug rather than a mod bug.

Try out version 2.41 and see if the skins are in there. I moved the animation folders over where they belnog.