Thread: Stand-alone *complete* AOR mods?

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Icon10 Stand-alone *complete* AOR mods?

I've been looking on and off for the past few days, and I can't seem to find any AOR mods that don't require things like SSTC, Bygs or RR (Don't get me wrong, they're well made and all, they just don't fit my style) does anyone know of an AOR system (Somewhat like Rome: Total Realism's?) that only requires good ol' SS 6.1, oh and is compatible with stone forts, I enjoy blocking off key cities from invasions of moronic stacks which like to walk around ungarrisoned stone forts

Icon12 Re: Stand-alone *complete* AOR mods?

Oh and please no "You must have this much religion to recruit this unit" those are really too frantic and "YOU MUST RECRUIT THESE BEFORE THIS RELIGION IS GONE" for me

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Stand-alone *complete* AOR mods?

But then that takes the whole point of the AOR mod out does it not? - you can't just enable units to be recruitable in all regions without some sort of requirement otherwise the game will just become far too easy.

I don't think there are any SS 6.1 versions that don't require a different sub-mod - however I think that Stainless Steel 7.0 will implement one.
    Last edited by Grandmaster Ryu; August 15, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

True, but say that you destroy every Muslim faction in the game, and there is no longer any traces of Islam in the game, suddenly no Sipahi, Moorish Camel Gunners or Jannisaries, I think that it should be like this (I believe AOR colonies was somewhat like this) If you were the Irish, and you conquered London, you couldn't build Galloglaichs () no matter what, you could build the basic green, Irish Spear Militia, but you could build Heavy Billmen () at the level of Castle\City the English would need to be at to train them, themselves.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I don't think there are any SS 6.1 versions that don't require a different sub-mod - however I think that Stainless Steel 7.0 will implement one.
    Ryu - you know something we don't know?

Like there will be definitely be a stainless steel 7.0?

(Is that why KK wiped the beta testing forum to make room for testing the new version?)

Indefinitely Banned

Either that or the fact he said he'll be releasing a new version around I think it was October/November? =]

No, that isn't a banana

I believe he mentioned 7 would be his last until Empires gets released...don't quaote me on it though.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    I believe he mentioned 7 would be his last until Empires gets released...don't quaote me on it though.
    I never heard that

______
    Anyway he did say there will be a ss7

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

SS will continue till it's 9 or 10.
    Reap the promised end to the struggle. Reap every point on our linear path.
    Reap the smiles in time we borrow, every harvest relies on the last.
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.
    came out on top of what was borrowed, and found all that beauty to be still...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thecobra007 View Post
    SS will continue till it's 9 or 10.
    Sounds like a real person

Icon7 Re: Stand-alone *complete* AOR mods?

Meh, I've just given into Banzais AOR, SSTC ain't that bad, and as for SS, I hope it goes on right up until Empires, then becomes maybe... Waterproof Gunpowder perhaps ?
    Last edited by Pious Agnost; August 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

No, that isn't a banana

I guess my religion requirements scared you off of mine, eh? lol.

I am hoping Empires can be easily modded for a Medieval version...I am a little hesitant about the gunpowder age, and the Total War engine, but I guess we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Ryu View Post
    Sounds like a real person
    I didn't know noobs had tongues to talk, guess it's something new.
    You really don't need a Stand-Alone AOR mod, SSTC is great, so is RR and BGR.
    Reap the promised end to the struggle. Reap every point on our linear path.
    Reap the smiles in time we borrow, every harvest relies on the last.
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.
    came out on top of what was borrowed, and found all that beauty to be still...