Thread: So wouldn't it be cool if you could make a mod where you *are* a soldier/general in a total war game and fight in person?

Default So wouldn't it be cool if you could make a mod where you *are* a soldier/general in a total war game and fight in person?

Ever since I fell utterly in love with rome, i've always wished I could be -one- man, in the world of rome/medieval total war, well a few days ago I nearly got my wish granted, I stumbled across a game called "mount and blade", it's a small indy game with outdated gfx and a heavy focus on gameplay.

It also has, a phenomenally active modding community and lo and behold, look what I found, I give you (in a buggy not really overly playable version), Rome Total Soldier O_O

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,39441.0.html <-The mod
    http://www.taleworlds.com/mb_download.html <-the original game

The full beta version of the game costs 25 dollars, though you can try it up to lvl 6 for free (which is really all you need to realize the potential of the game, not to mention be convinced to rush get your credit card).

The game has incredibly entertaining mounted/unmounted combat, and all in all mechanics that are tailor made for some kick ass "total war" modding.

Alas, the above mod seems to be lacking an active crew (personally I couldn't mod a rodent if my life depended on it so there's not much I can do...except for poke people who can *cough cough*).

Now, I know this forum isn't for this game, and depending on how strict the mods here are I might get this thread locked, deleted and myself banned.

However, as a massive total war fanboi the thought of some of the truly amazing modders in the total war scene shifting some energy over towards making mods for this game set in the world of the total war games is nothing short of a damn dream come true, imagine the possibilities.

Some bugs with the above mod that rather spoil the fun of it are: shoddy AI, unites get stuck among trees and don't even try to move (both enemy and friendly thus you have two armies stuck far from each other not wanting to get any nearer), error message spam etc, in general due to a lack of people working on it, if i'm not mistaken.

It still took my breath away to ride around on the map i've shed so many gallons of blood with my legions in over the years though.

Sorry if I broke any cardinal rules, my intentions are the purest I assure you

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: So wouldn't it be cool if you could make a mod where you *are* a soldier/general in a total war game and fight in person?

I've been commissioned by the forum gods to inform you that you will be flogged, hanged, and quartered for your blatant crimes against humanity!

Really though, there's a forum completely dedicated to the Mount&Blade games and the various mods, here at the Total War Center . Go here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=446

You'll find this game is not quite so obscure as you make it out to be.

Note to Mods: I recommend this thread be locked rather than moved to the Mount&Blade forum, it would be rather redundant there.

Cheers,
    Augustus

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: So wouldn't it be cool if you could make a mod where you *are* a soldier/general in a total war game and fight in person?

Isn't that why CA made Viking Battle for Asguard?

I completely didn't notice that thanks ^^

I'm going to close this and redirect you to the Mount and Blade forums at the TWC. It is a happy place.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=446

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard