Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten Fort Somwhere in the north of England

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Default The Forgotten Fort Somwhere in the north of England

Sergeant Nobby Sykes wanders around the walls, and joins his ,men in a game of "Hit the peasant with a pebble" Private Alfie Fynes is explaining the rules to a new recruit. "Its 10 points if yah hit him in the eye, 5 for a nose shot, 20 if you land one in his mouth and 100 points if you knock him out" Nobby sighs to himself and thinks how sad his military career has become.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Default Re: The Forgotten Fort Somwhere in the north of England

"a sorry game" Alerick says as he rides up, " you should fight someone who can fight back, wars aren't won with stones throne at cowards"
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Nobby Sykes says "Do you actually see anyone worth fighting in this godforsaken place?" "We play the game to pass the time". "Now good sir dost thou wish for refreshment?" "A mug of ale? or perhaps a roasted rat on a stick?" Or was there something else?.

A loud shout of "BULLS EYE" distracts Nobby from his conversation with the strange Knight, "Sorry bout that" he says trying not to smirk at the Knights obvious disgust at the high jinx and general loudness of Nobbys men.

"how many men do you have, and how well trained are they?" "I have a game of more....how can I say it manly rules"
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Nobby says "About 200 men all battle hardened from the crusades". "So what be this manly game you speak about lord?"

good, the game is this soldiers of two different masters of the same nation put the best Armour of their class on, then they battle each other with wooden weapons, with the same weight and size as the real thing which I shall supply for both you men and my men, as I am a lord, my men out number yours, so, to be fair you pick fifty of your best and I shall do the same.

"Hmmm sounds like fun my boys love a good scrap plus many of them have been trained to the quarter staff since children so, i think things will be interesting" "But your men will have the better armour so i propose this, that our men fight bare chested in leather breeches, and bare footed" "That i think is more manly than wearing iron dont you?"

good idea I shall go get my men....."if your men win, weather it be by stratagem or skill, after the contest you visit me at my stronghold" he then rode off to in the way of his barracks
    Last edited by knight of virtue and valor; August 14, 2008 at 02:23 PM.

"OHHH get this lads his lordship is doubting our prowess" "ok your lordship and the battle will take place next to the forts cesspit so as to give your boys a nice soft landing"

good, but get ready your luandery, you shall need it, for the wrath of the Norse men!"

"Oh really? Vikings eh?" Well my boys are a goodly mix of stout English Yeomen and crazy Irish brawlers" "So are you ready as the challenger i suggest you make your opening play."

Speaks in low whisper."Christ lads we have got vikings to fight " "Dont you dare run away from this one" "remember Antioch? I wish i could forget it"

Alerick returns with 50 huge and savagely violent looking 6 foot tall Norse men, eqoiped with huge staffs that many could not even lift, but they could wield with skill. get your men lined up and let it begin!

"They are taking their time lads" "perhaps we scared em off"

"OK LADS this is it stand fast and remember no running away!!!"

Nobbys men stare with interest at the giant Norsemen.

CHARGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the Vikings charged against the men of nobby, with an almost inhuman impetuosity!

"Come on then you big buggers fight like men" Nobby looks alarmed at private davey O`Neil "Jesus Davy are you mad them big sods are gonna wipe the floor with us" "Nah Sarge those boys are regulars and fight like regulars ill bet" "We are scum of the earth and fight like that, cos no one mentioned any rules now did they" Nobby grins and laughs inwardly

"Get em lads " Nobby ducked a mighty blow from a frothing norseman and brought his fist up hard into his foes wedding tackle. the norseman whimperd "Mother" and passed out. "One down 49 to go"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast