Thread: why cant HRE get their best units

Default why cant HRE get their best units

im playing hre and none of my best units (imperial knights, gothic knights, dism gothic knights, zweihanders, forlorn hope) show up on my buildings roster.

is this just an error and i will be able to build them, or cant i build them?
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: why cant HRE get their best units

No error. I was wondering the same thing too at first so I jumped into the export_buildings_descr and found that most if not all of the better units become available once you're warned of the mongol invasion. Not the invasion itself, just the warning must occur before these units are unlocked.

This is both interesting and welcomed, but also problematic. In my game, the "mongol invasion warning" hadn't happened until France, Portugal, Denmark, and Poland were eliminated. I'd understand if it were an end user issue, but I hadn't blitzed. I barely played a part in France's defeat (playing as English), Spain/Milan bum rushed them into submission. The AI took out everyone else on their own. So with them gone, I'll never see the unqiue units they field in combat.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Default Re: why cant HRE get their best units

is there anyway to change this?
    "...and all the men and women merely players."