Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WW2: total war

Default Re: WW2: total war

Hey, I was wondering how you would recreate sieges?

Gjergj Kastrioti's Avatar Civis

If you want I could provide information on the Albanian partizans and King Zog's army

Also if you need to know anything about Albania just ask me

"Murdered and like many hogs they had their throats slit by the Albanians"
    End result of an Ottoman Campaign in Scanderbegs Albania

This is going to take a lotttttttttt of work

yes, all mods do

No offense, but I think you guys should try and look for other ideas for an ETW mod-a WW2 total war game doesn't seem like it would work very well. If you want WW2 RTS, play Company of Heroes. Why is that so good as a WW2 RTS? because ww2 warfare was small-scale, and the way TW games play simply wouldn't fit the way WW2 battles were fought. If youre going to do it I wish you the best of luck, I just strongly suggest you consider what the final result will look like before you start.

A total war scale RTT game needs to have VERY VERY VERY good AI and pathfinding system.

The small units need to be independent enough in making certain decision.

A total war scale RTT game needs to have VERY VERY VERY good AI and pathfinding system.

The small units need to be independent enough in making certain decision.
    exactly, and that's something that the TW games' AI isn't tailored to do. Technically a WW2 mod would be possible for a TW game, but in my opinion it wouldn't turn out that well-I think all this skill is better used on a mod thats more realistically possible for a TW game.

Well, he can just create a better AI. The vanilla AIs arent that good period.

Well, he can just create a better AI. The vanilla AIs arent that good period.
    that might be true, but it's only one of the many problems that a WW2 Total war game faces. WW2 and total war don't go together. period. If you play an acclaimed WW2 RTS like Company of Heroes, then you'll see what I mean.

The focus on armoured vehicles is another thing.

But it is possible

It is, and if you're willing to put the effort in, then best of luck to you!

Well its worth it Im sure he can pull it off

D1SC0 N1NJ4's Avatar Libertus

that might be true, but it's only one of the many problems that a WW2 Total war game faces. WW2 and total war don't go together. period. If you play an acclaimed WW2 RTS like Company of Heroes, then you'll see what I mean.
    i think he is right. all though i really like the idea of a ww2 mod. but most of the battles in ww2 took place in ruined cities. would you be changing the siege battlefields so that the buildings are ruined and with no walls?

well now its possible to change in M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Gjergj Kastrioti View Post
    If you want I could provide information on the Albanian partizans and King Zog's army

Also if you need to know anything about Albania just ask me

if albania changes sides, make Mr. Enver Hoxha the faction leader.

you, reaserch about the albanian army in WW2.

New Faction Soldiers!

Last edited by Mr. Kim; August 19, 2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWarchief View Post
    exactly, and that's something that the TW games' AI isn't tailored to do. Technically a WW2 mod would be possible for a TW game, but in my opinion it wouldn't turn out that well-I think all this skill is better used on a mod thats more realistically possible for a TW game.
    that's why custom AI is made... I think they understand that you're trying to open their eyes to your point of view, but don't rain on their parade, especially when they really want this mod to happen.

and btw, those concept art sketches are AWESOME +rep
    however,the americans don't look all that American... The corporals could use some work.
    Last edited by lord0thief; August 19, 2008 at 05:53 PM.

Nice pics, it looks like you can just make a few models and then skin them for the different countries

D1SC0 N1NJ4's Avatar Libertus

the british could use a little more work to

Quote Originally Posted by UnboundHitman08 View Post
    Nice pics, it looks like you can just make a few models and then skin them for the different countries

yes, we only have bulgarian, danish, norweigian, slovakian, romanian, USA, british, polish, french, hungarian, finnish, soviet, dutch, italian, german, yugoslav, chinese nationalist and chinese communist, austrailian and greek units in the pictures
    Last edited by Mr. Kim; August 19, 2008 at 08:37 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast