Thread: script error when trying to start extended realism

ZealotsACH's Avatar Civis

Icon9 script error when trying to start extended realism

hi i need some help please. whenever i try to run Extended Realism the splash page comes up then i get a CTD with a message saying ;

Script Error in data/descr_building_battle.txt, at line 66, column 9.
    Building db, expected faction, culture or season.

anyone please help?

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: script error when trying to start extended realism

Hi GJC, and welcome to the forum!

This is not an error I've seen before, probably because I didn't change that file. How did you install the ExRM?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

i had RTR 1.9 installed, then i installed Extended Realism by copying the data folder to my RTR data folder, overwriting as needed. i followed directions in a post but cant seem to find the post now...

now looking through the forum i believe i may have downloaded an older version. i tried downloading the 3.3 version to see if it would fix the error, but now the same thing happens only with a different script error (sorry, cant remember what the error was).

i am going to try to reinstall everything, but i would like to make sure i have the system down right, bear with me here please. i know this has been discussed but apparently i need a little clarification ha.

after reinstalling RTW gold, i then install RTR platinum then extended realism 3.3? or do i just install extended realism right on top of RTW gold? (already patched to 1.6)

thanks for the help! extended realism looks great and cant wait to play it! i even printed out The Ultimate Guide to Playing RTR Historically as the Romans. reading it makes me want to play even more!

Quote Originally Posted by GJC View Post
    after reinstalling RTW gold, i then install RTR platinum then extended realism 3.3? or do i just install extended realism right on top of RTW gold? (already patched to 1.6)
    You don't need RTR platinum. ExRM is self-contained and you should just install it once you have RTW gold. Don't overwrite any files - you want this in a subfolder under RTW, like BI. See the picture in Quinn's download post here

IF you want to have both ExRM and RTR Platinum installed use the RTR modswitch version and keep the folders distinct.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, 'I drank what?'"

Quote Originally Posted by caldarium View Post
    You don't need RTR platinum. ExRM is self-contained and you should just install it once you have RTW gold. Don't overwrite any files - you want this in a subfolder under RTW, like BI.

IF you want to have both ExRM and RTR Platinum installed use the RTR modswitch version and keep the folders distinct.
    ah that may have been my problem then seeing as i installed over RTR platinum.

just for clarity reasons, i will want to use the BI shortcut to play correct? will it automatically mod the shortcut or will i need to add commands to it?

sorry for all the questions, i just really want to play this!

i will reinstall RTW gold and then ExRM and report back with success hopefully!

thanks for all the help!

ok i just found this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...postcount=1005
    should of read more before attempting to install this mod

i just want to get clear on a couple of things then i think i should be able to go it alone with no training wheels

in my actual RTW folder, i will have two subfolders, one for BI, and one for ExRM, correct?

after adding in the command lines to the shortcut, i just use the regular BI shortcut correct?

thanks!

should of read more before attempting to install this mod
    No worries, we're all here to help each other.

in my actual RTW folder, i will have two subfolders, one for BI, and one for ExRM, correct?

after adding in the command lines to the shortcut, i just use the regular BI shortcut correct?
    Bingo on the first. I would create a new shortcut in case you want to play BI in the near future. One of these posts had a nifty new icon for ExRM, but I have been using the RTR icon.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, 'I drank what?'"

success! everything is working fine now! thanks for all the help!