Thread: error 103

Default error 103

I had been playing Roma surrectum for a while but then i left for vacation, to Italy, and im not sure if i did something before i left or after but every time I try to start Roma Surrect Barbarian Invasion or the normal one after a pop up saying Rome total war barbarian invasion it closes and a protection error 103 pops up. i dont believe this is a RS specific problem since it appears to be effecting multible games but my effort to fix it have been in vain. I tried re-installing, that didnt do it and im at a loss.

Thx in advance for any help.

Default Re: error 103

You are right, this error has nothing to do with RS, and you can find many threads about it in common tech support forums. By searching google you could probably find a thread, and the answer. I believe it has to do with computer priveledges/acessability, try starting your computer in safe mode and logging onto the Administrator account before reinstalling RS

Sorry I couldnt be of more help, hopefully someone else in the RS community knows more.

EDIT: I'll try to find a link with an explanation.

EDIT2: Ok, I'm pretty sure the error is caused by corrupted file permissions. So first thing try reinstalling in Admin from safe mode.
    Last edited by Maniple Mayhem; August 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM.

maniples right you must have got a virus in your game and your security program is defending you from it

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

You seem to be lacking Administrative rights to your hard drive....that's what that error indicates.
    Are you an 'administrator' on your PC (if you're using XP). If you are using Vista...ask Mickysoft.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father