Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth: Total War

Default Re: Middle-Earth: Total War

If you did exactly that, there's no reason BI would stop working. It would only stop working if you deleted the bi/data folder or if you overwrote files *inside* bi/data with metw files, both of which are not parts of the correct procedure.

Does the installer work for you (as in, does it extract the files)? If so, the only thing you need to do is run it and direct it to your *main* RTW directory (not the BI subdirectory or any other). Creating the shortcut for the mod is simple, you just create a new BI shortcut and append its Target line with " -mod:bi/metw -show_err -nm", so that it looks like this:

Code:
    "D:\Games\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:bi/metw
    obviously "D:\Games\Rome - Total War" may differ depending on where you have RTW installed.

Alright I'll try again, if it doesn't work, then frack it, I can't find a .rar for it and the team for the mod apparently died out.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Didn't work, either the installer isn't extracting or something and the shortcut you had me do, just took me to rome total war.

"Sigh"

Screw it, if you upload a .rar that might work, otherwise I'm tired of trying.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

The installer worked fine for me a few weeks ago. I also still have the rar, might upload it here, but the files are incomplete/flawed, so you cannot start a campaign.

Anyway, here are the news of the Middle-earth Olympic Games: Swimming freestyle. Eriador won, Harad drowned.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

First post updated with new link by Aradan.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I got this mod and it is working but, when I try to play Erebor my game crashes. Dose anyone know how to fix this?
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Which game is this for?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Man of West Gondor View Post
    I got this mod and it is working but, when I try to play Erebor my game crashes. Dose anyone know how to fix this?
    You will have to be more specific. The more specific you are, the better we can help you

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Which game is this for?
    Rome- Total War: Barbarian Invasion

I would go in the game and start a new campaign, but when I select Erebor the game turns back and then my windows 7 says that the game has stopped working I was wondering how to get Erebor to work when I said "fix this."
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

FIXED My Game needed to be patched.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'm trying to play the game but it's not letting me...It starts loading and then it closes and says that "Barbarian Invasion has stopped working"

I have the right target and all that...idk what the problem is...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Laetus

Has any one got a Download link to this as non of the links work now.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by delruss View Post
    Has any one got a Download link to this as non of the links work now.
    I second this motion

We need new download links!

Laetus

Thanks Aradan but I cant seem to download files from Gamefront , just found out they are not supporting windows explorer 8 now which is a pity as windows exploer 9 does not work on XP.

So if anyone else has a different link can they let me know please.

Thanks

Why don't you install Firefox as well? And then uninstall it after downloading, if you don't want to keep it.

Laetus

Ok Thanks I didnt think of that.

Wow thanks Aradan. This is a pretty nice mod. What a shame it wasn't completed. Osgiliath looks great, and how nice it is to see all three cross-able bridges. Even Third Age doesn't have that. Bree looks nice as well... it's not often you see such unconventional custom settlements in RTW.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I'm trying to play the game but it's not letting me...It starts loading and then it closes and says that "Barbarian Invasion has stopped working"

I have the right target and all that...idk what the problem is...

It is too late to answer you, but I will, so others could not make the same mistake. It is not enough to install the game and then make the shortcut.

After installation rename the folder (metw) to something else. Then make the new folder and name it metw. After that copy the data folder and paste it into metw folder. Then go to folder that you renamed (installed mod) and copy everything from it. After that paste it in metw folder (overwrite data folder). Then make shortcut (already explained) and play.
    I made the same mistake and need some time to figure it out myself.

However this mod is too unfinished to be normally played. Objectives are almost immediately accomplished (Eriador only needs to capture few empty rebel towns), so you will either win or lose in maximum 7 turns. Custom battles could be played, but graphic is obsolete for today’s standards (If I want to play “bookish” Middle-earth custom battles I will play Fourth Age: Total War.). However we must have great respect for this mod as it is forefather of all Middle-earth based mods. And as I read one new mod will be based on this.

odil987's Avatar Civis

Dude you should post pictures about the mod to win people who are watching this post...!

S•P•Q•R 8.0 BETA by odil
    Coming soon!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast