Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth: Total War

Default Re: Middle-Earth: Total War

Thor, will you be doing any more custom cities? and are for example Osgiliath and Helm's Deep included in 1.00?

JOIN THE TALES OF ARDA COMMUNITY:
    http://talesofarda.forumcircle.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by pokejunkie11 View Post
    Thor, will you be doing any more custom cities? and are for example Osgiliath and Helm's Deep included in 1.00?
    Yes but it might be some time as i'm doing the campaign coding atm.

Quote Originally Posted by chalpur View Post
    thanks for the tip lord dakier, though i think i will wait for an update, because will doing soo it's kinda like cheating to me.
    Sorry this is from something I got half way through. It's the Bree walls which I got half way through. I'll upload a fix for that soon hopefully. If you can get the descr_walls.txt from the old version I THINK it'll fix it.

EDIT: good to see people are playing the campaign though
    Last edited by Thor the Bassist; November 01, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

of course we do, i played with the first version of middle earth, it was the first mod on the LOTR at that time, beside it is a kick ass mod with original concept and in my opinion stick the best with the Tolkien books, thank you Thor the bassit for taking this project on hand and trying to complete it and satisfy us.

manofarms89's Avatar Senator
    La Puente, California, United States of America

i think Thor just might be one of the hardest working modders in TWC

+rep my good sir.

I agree

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I have been very impressed with Middle Earth: Total War. You have some really talented people working on that mod. Keep up the good work! I've played part of a Gondor campaign, and I'm really enjoying it. Except Mordor is a bit too easy to defeat right now.

Anyway, I noticed that the buildings and settlement plans for Helms Deep are included, but it's not used as a settlement in the campaign. Will you all have it working anytime soon? It looks amazing!
    Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Beren Erchamion View Post
    Anyway, I noticed that the buildings and settlement plans for Helms Deep are included, but it's not used as a settlement in the campaign. Will you all have it working anytime soon? It looks amazing!
    I would really like to get that plan working but atm there's a problem with the AI and I really need to work on the campaign in general so that we have a playable campaign. I'm sorry but "anytime soon" would be too much for me to promise at the moment coz I'm busy with uni stuff. I'm hoping over Christmas hols I might get a fair bit done on the campaign. Once its looking more realistic on a strategic map level I'll start moving down to the battlemap stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor the Bassist View Post
    I would really like to get that plan working but atm there's a problem with the AI and I really need to work on the campaign in general so that we have a playable campaign. I'm sorry but "anytime soon" would be too much for me to promise at the moment coz I'm busy with uni stuff. I'm hoping over Christmas hols I might get a fair bit done on the campaign. Once its looking more realistic on a strategic map level I'll start moving down to the battlemap stuff again.
    Take your time, and keep up the good work . This is really going to be a remarkable mod when it's finished!
    Make America great again!

lord of eras's Avatar Libertus
    Somewhere, Undisclosed Location aka Castle Eras

Default anybody for a revival?

hey guys!
    listen,
    when I was playing MTW1 I noticed that there was a "Middle-earth Total War" mod for it, but it was in version 0.1 and it had no campaign. After digging a little deeper (namely lurking in it's thread in Totalwar.org) I discovered that it moved to RTW.
    After getting RTW Gold from Steam, I noticed that the RTW version though incomplete, had a WIP campaign. Unfortunately I discovered that it was also dead, so I decided to download it. Unfortunately after installing it crashed when I tried to start it.
    So I ask,
    Is anyone interested and/or willing to help with the revival and completion of ME:TW for the benefit of all the LOTR books (not movies, LOTRTW covers that)/ RTW players like me?
    Hoping to see you,
    Lord of Eras
    My AARs, in chronological order (read them all!):
    Dragon of Wessex, my very first attempt, halted after one introductory chapter (thus showcasing my willingness to commit), a MTW:VI AAR
    Antonius of Cerdices's Chronicle, one prologue and one chapter, for IBFD
    The British Resurrection of the Roman Empire, my longest-ever AAR (so far), twelve chapters, for IBFD
    Of Ravens and Dragons, my first 'character' AAR, three chapters, for VI2

Dead men DO tell tales, a 'hybrid' AAR, 10 chapters (so far), resurrected 15/8/12 (for Crusader Kings II)
    Peers of the Realm, a Savegame AAR, 6 chapters (so far) updated 14/8/12 (CK2)

Looks Good!

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

nice!

this mod is great put i can t download it
    can any one help me

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

servers not yet back just wait for a couple of days it will be back

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    this mod is great put i can t download it
    can any one help me
    check the link out you can download it from there regards Divus
    http://www.modrealms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

i just saw those amazing screens. METW is the oldest Lord of the Rings project on RTW. As far as i known, it is payable with RTW 1.2, with no campaign, but very stable.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

this mod is great
    i hope you will keep working on it
    and dont make die pls

Does anyone know what is happening with this mod?
    Emberverse: Total War - The Protectors War

Most likely dead. The 1.0 release is really in alpha stage, not playable - though a good base for modding, if one feels like it.

Senator

I playe a version that worked with Barbarian Invasion back in 2008 - it was really good, though incomplete (e.g some cities had fences rather than walls round them as they were still working on new walls).

It had a much better atmosphere and style than LOTR-TW, more like i imagined everything from reading the book - and much more balance between different sides. The graphics and units and terrain were really nice.

The weakness was it didn't have a good installer yet - was a bit tricky to install.

Havent been able to find out what happened to it :-( - was hosted on the Chamber of Records forums but these have been down for over a year.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Lol what is the point of making Algesia total war. Noone liked that movie anyway (I think). And there would be like 4 factions, LOL.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast