Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth: Total War

Default Re: Middle-Earth: Total War

Thanks. Good to hear it worked. I didn't write the instructions they're from ages back - you wont find the campaign working but soon (as in a few months at the most) we'll have one sorted.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can't wait for this to come back. Will we be seeing the fellbeast model by Wlesmana?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Will we be seeing the fellbeast model by Wlesmana?
    Proberably not. It may be included (if Wles gives permission) as a custom battle model or scripted into the campaign (long way into the future tho). If it is it wont be a hugely powerful unit as thats not the spirit of metw - you'll proberably only get it if we can limit it to 9 ringwraiths in middle earth at one point. Also they could be phased in as they become more powerful - from spies to assassins to units. Dont hold your hopes on it though.

METW ends right before the War of the Ring, correct? Fellbeasts are out of its timeframe then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    METW ends right before the War of the Ring, correct?
    :hmmm:. How confusing - the third age ends in 3021 but Burn's descr_strat goes on to 3054 - a date which shouldn't rightly exist. How the campaign ends is a thought that hasn't really crossed my mind. I dont see much reason in not including the war of the ring though, I thought it was intended to span from when Orodruin bursts into flame (2954) up to the end of the war - how the end is represented in the game is still puzzling to me so will have to think some more.

I take it we will be seeing the Mouth Of Sauron and King Dain and King Thanduil... basically all of those from Battle For Middle Earth

If that is so does that mean humans wont be apart of it. Cause they were not part of Middle-Earth were they except the corsairs and men of dale.

I take it we will be seeing the Mouth Of Sauron and King Dain and King Thanduil... basically all of those from Battle For Middle Earth
    Some of these are in as family members - though not as powerful heroes as in BfME. METW will (as it has always done) try to avoid powerful heroes that will take the balance out of the game. Its about armies not heroes - though it also aims to be as tolkien accurate as possible.

If that is so does that mean humans wont be apart of it. Cause they were not part of Middle-Earth were they except the corsairs and men of dale.
    Human factions: Gondor, Rohan, Dale (part of Erebor), Easterlings, Harad. Dunedain are part of Eriador and Elves. Isengard can also recruit Dunlandings.

I like it. We plan on making scorpion cavalry for our Alagaesia:TW mod for the Imperial Legion Of Dragons... I dont mind borrowing it to you... it can be used for Gorkil the goblin king. just beef them cause in LOTR they should be a fair bit bigger than the ones we will be using.

Thanks but I think we're fine without. The units are pretty much done and because its a mod for BI it doesn't have individual characters so I hope your not offended if I do without.

Nope of course not, just trying to help speed it up, I am quite eager to battle inside some of those castles. However Mirkwood archers + Castles go down as a slaughter with their amazing range lol...

Thanks, the settlements were my job but thats on the backburner while i do coding and strat map stuff but that really needs doing coz it gets a campaign up and running (which will be fun!). I can solve your Mirkwood archers problem - play as elves!

As long as theyre unit number is no higher than 20 ill be glad. ithilien rangers should have 10 more and men of dale should have about 5 more than ithieliens... that i believe would be the best way to keep it fair.

Are we going to see mummakil?

Yes Mumakil are in. Almost all the units are in the current release. Once we've got a playable campaign going we're then going to look into making things balanced on the battlefield. I think at the moment its mostly there apart from morale which seemed to be generally a bit low (everybody charged then ran away - quite amusing).

Lol Thousands of men charging only to run after it.

can someone upload this file to another server please, i have some problems with filefront, it doesn't seem to work at all, thanks...

I'll do it if I can find a server and have some time in the next week or so. Sorry but I'm pretty busy atm.

thanx

METW v1.00 is out. Still beta but now has a campaign that works.

Elves and Gundabad do not currently work - I am working on this so dont spam this thread saying they dont work.

Is the game mod-foldered up till now?

Quote Originally Posted by kingtaso View Post
    Is the game mod-foldered up till now?
    Yes and it always will be

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast