Thread: Kill Suebi faction from game - causing CTD, 58BC

Default Kill Suebi faction from game - causing CTD, 58BC

Hello everyone,

AWESOME mod, I must say. It is incredible and always action packed.

I used the CD installer for the game, which worked out great, however I'm getting a CTD now in my current save game any time I end my turn.

I'm on the last mission of the Gallic wars, however the Suebi faction still exists.

I am wondering if there is a command code I can enter, or manually edit the game to simply kill off the faction.

Is this possible, and if so, what is the code, or how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

http://rapidshare.com/files/136681298/Caesar.sav.html

this is my savefile for the game if it helps. I'm in the summer(?) of 52BC. If you choose to load it up, then go ahead andt autoresolve all those battles to get to the end of the turn. It is in the middle of the Averni AI turn.

EDIT: sorry for not posting in correct thread. Please feel free to merge.
    Last edited by Marcus II; August 12, 2008 at 03:47 AM.
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    -Harvey Fierstein

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Kill Suebi faction from game - causing CTD, 58BC

we decided to let the Suebi survive since in real history they were a constant threat to the romans for centuries after Caesar. (bucelarii will surely explain better)
    they won't interfer with your further missions.
    Hurry up! the boni are planning to strip you of commands of the legions, will you allow them?

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

They cause a CTD when its their turn though, if you try out my save file. I have to delete them from my current game, unless there is a fix.
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    -Harvey Fierstein

Just one question before I start testing the problem: have you conquered any settlement that you were not supposed to? Thansk

No. I've only went after the settlements the missions gave me. Honestly I don't know how you guys even manage to have enough to attack other settlements! I'm always out of men!
    -Harvey Fierstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus II View Post
    No. I've only went after the settlements the missions gave me. Honestly I don't know how you guys even manage to have enough to attack other settlements! I'm always out of men!
    "fortune favours the bold"

in gameplay terms: kill the enemy general at the right time and the army will rout.

Any update? I've been dying to continue my campaign!
    -Harvey Fierstein

Sorry for the delay. I have been going in an out due to my holidays. I have tried the save-game but, as it is done during the AI turn, I cannot do anything about it, not even load the script.

So I would need a previous save, before the end of turn of the player. Thanks!

Absolutely, out of topic: are there any news concerning the 4th season of Galactica?

http://rapidshare.com/files/138143834/Autosave.sav.html

hopefully this one works!

Battlestar season four airs in January!
    -Harvey Fierstein

Hey, Marcus II

I have sort of managed to fix the game:

http://rapidshare.com/files/138288256/test.sav.html

The problem is caused by a German captain, Burkhard. This is a spawned army and apparently I put more than 20 units in it, hence the error.

That said, this army only appears when the player has conquered some settlement out of the scripted missions. This might also be an explanation of your depleted armies. To be sincere, if you manage to win the War in Gaul with the armies that you have right now, you are going to be one of the best RTW players in the world. Not to mention winning the Civil War.

And thanks for the info on BS Galactica, I love the series.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 18, 2008 at 04:40 PM.

I wasn't aware I conquered any settlement outside the scripted missions. I only remember attacking settlements that the script told me to, with the exception of the one or two provinces that rebelled against me when the Averni declared war.

I'll try out the save later tonight. Thanks for the fix!

I'll keep you updated on the Campaign!
    -Harvey Fierstein

As promised, I'd keep you updated

I got utterly and completely destroyed by what was left of the gallic armies. In the future, I'm going to need to start fighting all these battles personally instead of auto-resolving the massive number of annoying skirmishes and such.

Thanks again for your help,
    Marcus
    -Harvey Fierstein

A curious use of the "updated" word Thanks, anyway, specially for keeping playing the mod after so much time.

I got utterly and completely destroyed by what was left of the gallic armies. In the future, I'm going to need to start fighting all these battles personally instead of auto-resolving the massive number of annoying skirmishes and such.

Thanks again for your help,
    Marcus
    of course!!! Withouth Caesar presence on the battlefield Gaul would have never been conquered so fast.

regards

What mod is this? Gimme a link to the download.