Thread: Language?

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Language?

I've seen that you guys are going to have native names on the units.
    But are you guys going to use the english in speech or old norse/icelandic and translate it in subtitles?
    I'm just wondering if you needed help with that because I'm self from Iceland and old norse is really like Icelandic and I've learned old norse in school because we had to learn it, but the problem is that I'm 16 years old and my voice maybe isn't at 100% I don't know but I can make myself sound deep and the family members start to fight at age of 16.
    And maybe I could get some voice from Icelandic viking films.

And if I'm not good enough I could try to talk to other Icelanders who play this game and check if they wanted to help, check if they got more beautiful voice then I have, though I don't have a nice voice.

About this I'm offering a talk for any unit and I could be diplomat trying to speak english with Icelandic accent.

I guess if you are going to use old norse speech talking and that then the mod will take longer, but wouldn't this just be sound pack or patch then?

I'm just offering help though I've never tried this and
    I don't know how modding works but I was just wondering if you needed someone with old norse.

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Language?

Ok forget it, I'm not gona try this.

kekesvar.bingos's Avatar Miles
    The Only and Ultimate Walachian Kingdoms (err yes, there are more of them...)

why? sounds sweet

beikon's Avatar Libertus

O good to hear some like my ideas atleast.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i'll be the one to answer this, and yes, there wll be native names. so far all the norse units i've seen have names in proper old norse. we also have a researcher for old finnish and i myself will do my best to reconstruct proto-slavic.

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Good to hear that, you guys have done great job making this mod, I'm really happy with you guys trying to make this mod as real as it can.