Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Muslim Project 1080-1500

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Complete Muslim Project 1080-1500

We are recruiting people interested in starting a project specfically to represent the Muslim powers of the Medieval era in the best way possible.
    We will post our info on the tech tree and our units so that you can add, criticise and discuss.
    In a way it will ruin the surprise of the Muslim factions in our release BUT it will give the community the chance to watchdog the factions and participate in their development.

Please let us know if you want to join this project. DO NOT POST INFO IN THIS THREAD

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Default Re: Complete Muslim Project 1080-1500

Great idea Hross. I'll be glad to help out with anything in this project, as well as my Tech tree research.

"In a way it will ruin the surprise of the Muslim factions in our release BUT it will give the community the chance to watchdog the factions and participate in their development."

As the saying goes: 'for the greater good'. And we don't have to release too muchinfo, at least until we have a Muslim faction preview. But I am all for that watchdog idea.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Good start!
    Let the experts of muslim factions present them!
    Message to all:Accurasy at all costs!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Is there any chance you could extend this project back to 900AD? The mod I am working on features four Muslim (Ummayads, Abbasids, Tulunids, Aghlabids) factions, and we desperately need units and research for them!

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Is there any chance you could extend this project back to 900AD? The mod I am working on features four Muslim (Ummayads, Abbasids, Tulunids, Aghlabids) factions, and we desperately need units and research for them!
    LOl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    LOl.
    ?

?
    he's laughing because you're asking another Mod Team to go outside the parameters (e.g. timeframe, factions) of their project to help your Mod.

my suggestion is to start your own research project on your own for your mod.

Hmmm I guess I assumed that whoever is working on that project would want to share their work for the greater good of the community. From the response I have got, it looks like I was wrong.

Hmmm I guess I assumed that whoever is working on that project would want to share their work for the greater good of the community. From the response I have got, it looks like I was wrong.
    they might in fact be willing to share their work for the greater good of the community. you don't know that they won't. hross seems like a decent enough fellow.

it's just that their work encompasses research into making their three muslim factions better in the timeframe between 1080-1500.

if you want assistance in making your four muslim factions better in your timeframe of 900 to ?, then you should do the research yourself or try to find others willing to research your needs for your mod.

no need to thumbs down anyone. if anyone deserves a thumbsdown it's you for trying to hijack a call for help by another mod in their own forum.

in the spirit of community though, i suggest you try the modder's classified ads for help with your mod.

regards

edit - feel free to delete my posts, DoTS moderators. i realize they and others are cluttering a legitimate request for assistance

regards

actually i believe that is the plan, making this project similar to anthonius' CBUR project and thus freely available more as a resource than a mod. you'll notice that the response you've had is from people who (no offence to anyone ) are not members or instigators of either DotS or the Complete Muslim Project so please don't feel offended .

that said however, the main focus for the project will be (at least initially) on the units we require for DotS. once these are done i can see no reason why the CMP cannot take on ideas for extending its scope to include other factions/time frames.

All hayle Hross, and the One True Mod!!!
    One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten the wolves.
    -Machiavelli

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

oh, this sounds coll=)
    Support Russia!

Citizen

I'm sure this project will eventually branch out into that area, however i'm sure you understand that although this is a free resource, it is based on DotS's research and therefore is for now only in conjunction with DotSd's requirements.

That is to say, once we have finished this mod, we will branch out into areas of the Muslim world that may not have been included in DotS, but until then, we really need to focus on what we need to get done now.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers View Post
    I'm sure this project will eventually branch out into that area, however i'm sure you understand that although this is a free resource, it is based on DotS's research and therefore is for now only in conjunction with DotSd's requirements.

That is to say, once we have finished this mod, we will branch out into areas of the Muslim world that may not have been included in DotS, but until then, we really need to focus on what we need to get done now.
    Of course, and I wish you the best of luck in doing so! I will try to submit any helpful research I come across!

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

i can (and want to) help ofcourse for the moorish faction!

Hross did you put this thread also in the "wips,ideas and proposals"?
    Last edited by Basileos; August 10, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos View Post

Hross did you put this thread also in the "wips,ideas and proposals"?
    Ya it will get a lot more views their.

Indefinitely Banned

at least there is Muslim project here. even though there is no Bosnia present as a faction.

Is this idea still active? Or can it only be seen in the dev's forums?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

It's a Dev thing...

Citizen

Is this idea still active? Or can it only be seen in the dev's forums?
    It's still progressing, though we don't intend to make it an individual entity until we have finished it for our own part, afaiaa.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
    at least there is Muslim project here. even though there is no Bosnia present as a faction.

lol - Bosnia did not exist in 1080...

Oh, and this project is very very good news, btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast