Thread: freed slaves and other units

Default freed slaves and other units

i cant remember if it was in EB of another mod but i do remember there were freed slaves fighting for the city being attacked as extra units will you allow this in the mod? secoundly female units or females in formations will there be any? and camal units will you have any for saba\egyte\chartage or just as merceneries? i guess elephent units will be no problem i do recall hearing about chariot units being added also will you have slinger? sience i cant recall any being in MTW2 or kingdoms also will you have any use of the horent throwers or gun units technolegy for developing units and last of all special abilities like putting the sharp wodden sticks infront of archers for anti cavalery defance of the fanatic units of RTW of the special abilities of the special units will you add any new units with special abilities like these of just have them for phalax?

Icon3 Re: freed slaves and other units

Freed slaves were included to prevent city revolt CTDs. If these still occur in M2:TW, I guess they will be in. If not, they'll probably be removed for a real combat unit.

Female Sarmatian and Briton units were discussed for EB1, but didn't make the cut. Since there is an even greater shortage of unit slots in M2:TW, I doubt we will be seeing them here. Also, females wouldn't have fought in separate units, but mixed in with the men folk. It's possible to add in female bodyparts in the unit skin files, but unfortunately there is no way of preventing the engine to combine a female torso with a moustachioed head. Also, this would mean a 1:3 female:men ratio in the unit, which is rather high. It may works for the Sarmatians (it's not like you would see the difference under the clothes they wore), but I suspect most people won't even notice that some of their Sarmatian riders are beardless.

In history, Camel warriors generally meant mounted infantry, not cavalry. Camels don't seem to have made very good battle mounts, so I doubt we will be seeing them. I cannot answer your other questions.

Incidentally, to prevent the forum from cluttering up, perhaps you should create a single topic for all your questions.

Default Re: freed slaves and other units

alright thanks
    but about slinger units will you include them?