Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bug/Ctd Reports 1.5c - Read First Post for known issues!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 1.5c - Read First Post for known issues!

Quote Originally Posted by TKainZero View Post
    I have a minor bug

I have a Crappy PC, and can only have 1 army vs 1 army on the battle map

Reenforcements do not come 95% of the time

AND, when i defeat the first army, the Renforcements also die

So, i defeat 4000 in battle, and 8000 in reenforcements die

Makes it a little too easy
    Well, that's (maybe) easily fixed - get a better PC.

It isn't a bug it's a limitation of your system.

Reinforcemets won't arrive on the battlefield especially if your PC can't handle it. Would you prefer them to arrive and your PC grind to a halt?

Reinforcements will only be wiped out in certain circumstances - at the battlemap there can be a 'skull' icon next to an army - this means that army cannot retreat from the battlefield or if does it will be destroyed. This will happen when the army has no more movement points left or you trap an army against a hill or some other natural element and they cannot move away from there.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

When I download this mod and it obliterates my old vanilla RTW/BI , will I still be able to download other mods? Thanks.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Double X View Post
    When I download this mod and it obliterates my old vanilla RTW/BI , will I still be able to download other mods? Thanks.
    The suggested approach is to keep a clean unmodded version of RTW / RTW BI. Simply copy that to a new folder and apply RS to that copy.

You can then still play RTW or RTW BI and RS.

If you want to play another mod simply copy the RTW / RTW BI folder again and apply the different mod to that.

It does use up disc space but on most PCs that isn't a problem. If space is a problem then just have a single mod on the PC (plus the original folder). If space is really tight then you could always take a copy of the RTW / RTW BI folder and burn it onto a DVD (or a number of CD-ROMS). When you've finished with the mod simply delete the contents of the game folder and replace it with the contents of the disc.

If space is really tight then be prepared to uninstall / reinstall each time.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    The suggested approach is to keep a clean unmodded version of RTW / RTW BI. Simply copy that to a new folder and apply RS to that copy.

You can then still play RTW or RTW BI and RS.

If you want to play another mod simply copy the RTW / RTW BI folder again and apply the different mod to that.

It does use up disc space but on most PCs that isn't a problem. If space is a problem then just have a single mod on the PC (plus the original folder). If space is really tight then you could always take a copy of the RTW / RTW BI folder and burn it onto a DVD (or a number of CD-ROMS). When you've finished with the mod simply delete the contents of the game folder and replace it with the contents of the disc.

If space is really tight then be prepared to uninstall / reinstall each time.
    Thank you!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Double X View Post
    Thank you!
    No problems. Glad to be of help.

The other thing you can do is when the mod you play is 'mod foldered' (it installs into it's own folder in the game folder) then you can use a single game folder for a multiple of 'mod foldered' games.

RS is not mod foldered, though. It also won't be.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

ive made multiple copies of the rome total war folder and have installed mods in all but the original and on my rs one the hoplites and levy hoplites have the same artwork as those from spqr. anybody know why this happend?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_96 View Post
    ive made multiple copies of the rome total war folder and have installed mods in all but the original and on my rs one the hoplites and levy hoplites have the same artwork as those from spqr. anybody know why this happend?
    Post pictures.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ok. the hoplites are the same ones form spqr
    Last edited by Maximus_96; January 26, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Libertus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 1.5 -- Feedback Thread, Questions & Suggestions

Hey all i have RS 1.5c installed just playing my regular Roman faction have you guys seen this kind of error. Just before it started going to battle got this message???

How do i fix it ?

_nedo

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalius View Post
    Is there a way to make this happen? or would it break something?
    I presume you need to mod the game to achieve this. Have a look in the modding forum.

You can recruit mercenaries which does mean you can get some local units.

Quote Originally Posted by nedo72 View Post
    Hey all i have RS 1.5c installed just playing my regular Roman faction have you guys seen this kind of error. Just before it started going to battle got this message???

How do i fix it ?
    Have you checked to see if the file exists? If the files foes not exist in the path does it exist elsewhere or is there a similarly named file around.

Have you modded the game in any way?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

How do i fix it ?

_nedo
    Undo the modification that you did to RS. If you mod RS you're on your own to fix the problem.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Libertus

I dont even know how to mod even if i wanted too it just crashed on me while i was playing.

Does it matter that I play Rome faction on very hard and that i didnt start attacking Carthage from the beginning and that i waited till the reforms to attack them so they can be a bit challanging?

Anyways since the errors says Preatorian data/error and i am attacking the settlement with at least one Preatorian guard unit in it i will just decomission the unit and continue attacking them without the Preatorians.

Looks like a bug to me anyways...oh well.

Playing at Hard Is actually harder then Very Hard=) Yep seems like a bug go to
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=420, read through it if you cant find a solution Post your problems so the guys can help you And the next one with this problem gets the same advice etc=)

And thanks Brusilov, for pointing me in the right direction! =)
    Last edited by Enyalius; February 18, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Citizen

I dont even know how to mod even if i wanted too it just crashed on me while i was playing.

Does it matter that I play Rome faction on very hard and that i didnt start attacking Carthage from the beginning and that i waited till the reforms to attack them so they can be a bit challanging?

Anyways since the errors says Preatorian data/error and i am attacking the settlement with at least one Preatorian guard unit in it i will just decomission the unit and continue attacking them without the Preatorians.
    If you are playing as Rome how can the settlement that you are attacking have a praetorian guard unit in it?

Libertus

The praetorian is in my unit not the settlement i am attacking.

Also the file that is missing is not located in here
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\models_unit\textures

Does it suppose to be HERE.

I read the forums link that Enyalius suggested but i would have to try maybe save the game and uninstall/re-install the game.

I'll do it only if this NU_Preatorians_INF.TGA suppose to exist in the file name above.

Anyother suggestion would be nice

Thanks

Citizen

The praetorian is in my unit not the settlement i am attacking.
    We can only go on what you tell us. Clearly in the following (highlighted) you state that there is a Praetorian guard unit in the settlement.

and i am attacking the settlement with at least one Preatorian guard unit in it i will just decomission the unit and continue attacking them without the Preatorians.
    I will have a look at my RS1.5c install this evening to see if that file (NU_Preatorians_INF.TGA) is present - unless someone answers before then. You are using RS1.5c?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Looks like a bug to me anyways...oh well.
    Whose settlement are you attacking? What is the full makeup of your army (i.e. all the different units in it)? What is the makeup of the other army/armies you are attacking (i.e. all different units)?
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Citizen

@nedo72
    I've searched for any file under the data folder (including sub-folders) for a name of "NU_Praetorians_INF" and there are none.

I've searched for any file under the data folder (including sub-folders) that contain the text of "NU_Praetorians_INF" and there are none.

Can you do a search for any file under the data folder (including sub-folders) that contain the text of "NU_Praetorians_INF" on your install and let us know details of which file and where in the file that entry exists.

Libertus

OK i dont know what changed other then me rebooting my PC but when i did same move attcking the settlement the error does NOT appear. I dont know why i mean good that it doesnt but i havent done anything
    diffrent, so who knows maybe it fixed it self or reboot did it.

anyways i attached pic i attacked with and unit the enemy has.
    I am playing Rome by the way and the settlement i am attacking is Carthage.

I have searched the file NU_Praetorians_INF in the whole PC coulndt find it. I mean i saw the error and you guys saw it from my prevoiuse attachment.. and no i am not modding cause i dont know how.

I mean its ok now .. what can i say too much playing maybe game told me take a break tonight chill out ...lol

Sorry about earlier saying i had Praetorian unit in my army i dont have one according to the pic its just i saw the error saying praetorian so i assumed i had it in the unit card..

Libertus

Oopps diregard previouse thread sorry error still exists i forgot which settlement i was atttacking see pic my units card and enemy unit card as soon as i start playing the error appears.

Sorry for the confusion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast