Thread: Just downloaded, some suggestions

Default Just downloaded, some suggestions

ok i just downloaded it and i think that you have done extremely well. i recognise many of the graphics (from medieval 2) and i think you have done a good job at this.
    a few small suggestions:
    1. All of the in-game voice is from rtw, and it says stuff like 'rome will be amazed at such a victory'. this really needs changing (there is some sound on medieval 2 which would fit). much of it is just annoying anyway and should have been removed from rtw vanilla.
    2. On a few factions it says senate. i know what this is - you have it from when julii scipii brutii spqr had a roman culture and therefore the senate thingy was there. unfortunately it has no use here and needs to be removed. by changing the culture you may eliminate this problem, but i am unsure of how much would have to be edited. there are a few files where this comes up.
    3. The factions text is huge, but the units/buildings text is tiny. Surely it would only take you a day or two to think up something for each unit and building, so this shouldn't take long.

I would be willing to help, but i only have very basic rtw/m2tw modding knowledge (really easy stuff like unlocking factions and adding units to other factions). If this could come handy let me know and i'll be happy to help. lol

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: Just downloaded, some suggestions

Hi,thanks for your suggestions,we will do our Best
    Note: RM2 doesn't include any graphics or stuff from M2TW except UI cards.

i thought one of the patches changed the senate thing to the pope you must not have the hotfixes installed

Flowermasher's Avatar Foederatus
    reality is an accpeted set of ethics and blah blah blah

none of mine say anything about the pope and I have the latest hotfix.....
    Lets just be clear and note that the Phalanx in RTW makes all other units worthless except for archers.....

i believe we did ill check it out.

No,there is no Pope in RM2 yet.

Just got three more suggestions:

1. There are still some bugs in the beta. Example: when I click in the Zaragoza settlement, the game suddenly stops...
    2. As bobnbob82 said,
    All of the in-game voice is from rtw, and it says stuff like 'rome will be amazed at such a victory'. this really needs changing (there is some sound on medieval 2 which would fit). much of it is just annoying anyway and should have been removed from rtw vanilla.
    3. Some buildings that didn't existed at the Middle Age are there, like the sewers. And also some descriptions are from the rtw files.

I know that criticising doesn't resolve nothing; but I'll try to do something.

We are working to solve all problems.
    Zaragoza problem is not a known problem,you may did something wrong in the installation.
    We are working to fix all sounds.
    Sewers are existed in all ages!

Thanks for all the suggestions,we will do our best

Flowermasher's Avatar Foederatus
    reality is an accpeted set of ethics and blah blah blah

I looked harder and turns out I never had the hotfix installed properly. It says pope instead of senate now.
    Lets just be clear and note that the Phalanx in RTW makes all other units worthless except for archers.....

yes i knew it for a minute i thought i was going crazy