Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resizing Mundus Magnus map

Default Resizing Mundus Magnus map

Has anyone tried to resize Mundus Magnus map to the maximum resolution? If so can I borrow the files? I'm trying to make a campaign just like Lusted's TE but a bigger map. I would very much appreciate the assistance.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Resizing Mundus Magnus map

Have a look at EBs map, as it's based on the MM map, which was originally done for EB IIRC. I don't think you can blow up the MM map because of the landmass CTD.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

What's the landmass CTD. Can you enlighten me. Thanks.

Landmass crash to desktop,if i got it rigth he means not possible

Busy!!!

Landmass error occurs when there is too much sea area on a map. That is why, if you blew up the MM map, you might have too much water and the game would crash. There are ways around it like making a new piece of land in descr_heights, and make it decorative as opposed to part of the map.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Is there a walkthrough for that work around? I just want to know if its possible to enlarge the MM map.

Well, it pretty much is just adding some more land onto the map_heights.tga file. Just make a square block of rgb 1,1,1 in the middle of the ocean. That is basically what it is. You just have to get the amount of water down.

You mean like this?

Yes, like that.

Alrighty. So far I resized it 1021 x 623 (double the map_region.tga plus one pixel). Is that enough black area to suffice the workaroud?

The exact ratio in order to get rid of the landmass issue is not known, so I guess you'll have to do it by trial and error...

Arrrrrrrr. This is gonna be a tough one. the map_features is already kicking my but. I have to get rid of the double pixeled rivers. Not the mention the traderouts and everything else. I've been reading up Myrdals and Monkwarriors tutorials. First I felt overwhelmed but I told myself I can take this challenge.

Commitment is the hey to success in modding. Stick to it!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Leave the rivers and stuff until everything else is done, just use a plain black map_features. If you're really gun ho about solving that one now, do it methodically, for example left to right top to bottom.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.

Quick question on the disasters.tga and map_trade_routes.tgado you have to make the dots single pixel as well once it is enlarge? It does really say on the tutorials.
    Last edited by Amroth; August 09, 2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: dp

disasters.tga and map_trade_routes.tga don't do really anything, so for now I'd just leave them blank.

But yes, they'd need to be single pixel.

Ok. I'm trying to figure out the coordinates in descr_strat.txt. I've read on the tutorials that you can use photoshop and use the info panel to figure out coordinates on map_regions. But its backwards and seems more tedious to do. Since I know the scale I'm resizing from 384 to 510 is 1.328125, can I just multiply the existing coordinates in descr_strat to 1.328125 and round it up to the closest number? Its fairly simple math and should come up with the exact coordinate from the other way show on the tutotorials.

Ok. So far I got the map to work on the map editor tool. But CTD when I start a new campaign. I took out all the characters and units in descr_strat.txt. Would this be a reason?

You mean *all* the characters? Each faction must have its faction-leader at least (and his bodyguard unit of course).

Ok I added all the faction leaders and heirs. It still CTDs with no error message. This is really wierd. If it works on battlemap editor I would assume its the descr_strat.txt. I left map_features blank as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast