Thread: CTD when Iberia selected

Default CTD when Iberia selected

Hi There,

XGM is great - my favourite mod. I just downloaded the latest version (as of 7 August 2008) but hit a problem. Here's the story:

I have RTW 1.3 patched to 1.5 plus BI 1.6 installed. When I installed XGM it said that I had the wrong version of BI - but I have 1.6. I installed anyway.

The game worked fine - played a custom battle, looked at the provincial campaigns, began a GCS campaign. But then I felt like looking at the Iberian faction. But when I selected Iberia from the Imperial Campaign menu I got a CTD.

I should mention that, after installing XGM I also installed a mod called 77BC - I don't know if that is relevant.

I'll explore a few other factions and see what happens. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem? Or whether having two mods installed is a no-no.

Many thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Since posting this, my copy of XGM now crashes on loading, right after the initial splash screen. I'm guessing this has something to do with installing 77BC, which must have changed some files. At any rate, 77BC seems playable (although I had a CTD in that as well) but XGM is now apparently defunct. I guess I'll just have to re-install. Just one thing though: why does XGM say that I have the wrong version of BI when it definitely says version 1.6 on the 'Options' screen?
    Last edited by Javolenus; August 07, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: CTD when Iberia selected

If you get a wrong version warning it means that either (1) you have the wrong version (the patch doesn't always install correctly so might be the case even if you ran the patch installer), or (2) your original game files have been messed up by another mod. In this case (2) seems most likely.

The only fix is to re-install the game, and re-patch it. Then install XGM again.

Default Re: CTD when Iberia selected

Many thanks indeed for this - much appreciated. I'll do as you suggest and do a complete re-install. Thanks again for speedy advice.