Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] Orders & Bodyguards 1.2 (submod for Perfectly Polished 1.2) UPDATED 08/13

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Default [RELEASED] Orders & Bodyguards 1.2 (submod for Perfectly Polished 1.2) UPDATED 08/13

What it does:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    Orders and Bodyguards mod v1.2 (for Perfectly Polished v1.2) by Oddball_E8

WHAT IT DOES:

this mod does two things.

First, it changes the way the chapterhouses of the Teutonic order and Templar order work.

Templar and Teutonic Houses now produce the following units

Templars				Teutonic

Chapter House:				Chapter House:
    Templar Squires				Christ Knights
    					Sword Brethren

Major Chapter House:			Major Chapter House:
    Templar Sergeants			Sword Brethren
    Templar Confrere Knights		Halbbruder
    					Dismounted Halbbruder

Templars HQ:				Teutonic HQ:
    Templar Sergeants			Sword Brethren
    Templar Confrere Knights		Halbbruder
    Knights Templar				Dismounted Halbbruder
    Dismounted Knights Templar		Ritterbruder
    					Dismounted Ritterbruder

Secondly, it changes alot of the northern european bodyguard units.

Country					Early				Late
    Denmark					Dismounted Huscarls		NE Late Bodyguard
    Norway					Dismounted Huscarls		--
    England					Dismounted Feudal Knights	NE Late Bodyguard
    Byzantium				Varangian Guard			--
    Templars & Jerusalem			Knights Templar			--
    Teutonic Order				Ritterbruder			--
    Ireland					Lords Retinue			NE Late Bodyguard
    Poland					Polish Nobles			NE Late Bodyguard
    France, Scotland, HRE, Hungary		Feudal Knights			NE Late Bodyguard
    All Muslim Countries			ME Late Bodyguard		--

Miscellanious Fixes and Tweaks:

(V 0.9) Fixed the silver surfer sergeant on Irish Ridire
    (V 0.9) Removed Mounted Huscarls (since huscarls never fought mounted, also gives me one more slot for the polish bodyguard)
    (V 0.9) Changed skins on the Viking Mercenarys (changed from Kievan skin to merc skin)
    (V 0.9) Changed the Norwegian general and captain models (didnt like the notion of generals and captains in full plate with their units of huscarls)
    (V 0.9) Added a port to the castle of Bergen (norway should have a port from the start... theyre vikings for crying out loud!)
    (V 0.9) Modified the costs for bodyguard units (i forgot to change them so the new ones used the standard costs, wich meant really expensive bodyguard units)
    (V 0.9) Fixed the Norwegian Templar units (i missed their skins in the modeldb file so they showed up all silvery)
    (V 0.9) Included a modified version of the custom_scripts.txt to make the norwegian kings use the Haakon model
    (v 1.1) changed norse archers and retinue longbowmen (increased norse archers secondary attack since they "have a taste for close combat" and lowered retinue longbowmen since noone should have attack 5 and charge 4 using knifes!)
    (v 1.1) added shieldwall ability to viking mercenarys (why not? all other vikings have it)
    (v 1.1) added shieldwall ability to all professional spearmen units
    (v 1.2)* changed the build time for alot of units (basically decreased it to 1 turn for most lightly armored militia and levy units, but only infantry and missile units)
    (v 1.2) added a port to Bergen so that norway can build ships from the start (i mean, come on... THEYRE VIKINGS!)

*the basic criteria for who got a lower build time and who didnt were something like this: NOT higly trained, NOT wearing armor above 5, NOT using "elite" or "quality" missiles, NOT noble, NOT using gunpowder weapons and NOT dismounted.
    anyone who didnt have one of those criteria got a lowered build time.

INSTALLATION:

Just extract the content into your Stainless Steel/data folder and overwrite everything. Remember to keep the filestructure

NOTE! NOTE! NOTE! NOTE!

YOU MUST HAVE THE PERFECTLY POLISHED 1.2 MOD INSTALLED BEFORE THIS!

/Oddball_E8

INSTALLATION NOTES:
    FIRST OFF: YOU NEED TO HAVE PERFECTLY POLISHED VERSION 1.2 INSTALLED
    just extract the content into your Stainless Steel/data folder and overwrite when prompted.

DOWNLOAD
    linky: CLICKY

SCREENSHOTS

King William charges into the fray with his valiant knights

Only to be desperately outnumbered and surrounded

The Roman Emperor storm the gates with his trusty varangian guard

CHAAARGE!

King Haakon of Norway in the thick of the action with his fierce huscarls!

Templar and Teutonic units

This silversurfer sergeant has been fixed in version 1.0

The new Viking Mercenarys (in their standard armor, they can still be upgraded)
    NOTE: im using burreks textures here (just remembered that) but the vikings will use the standard mercenary light mail textures.

On the To-Do list

im gonna re-add the recruitable generals (this is temporarily disabled since ive switched the units around and such)

im also going to try to expand on the orders part of the mod by adding units to the hospitallers... if nothing else then only by adding the knights of the holy sepulchre to their roster.

currently fiddling about with the norwegian huscarls and norse swordsmen to give a little more distinction between standard armor and armor upgrade 1

UPDATE
    made myself a nice little splash screen for version 1.2
    just put it in the data/menu folder in your stainless steel mod folder.

ps. this is just a quick first scetch of the splash... i will keep working on it.

HOTFIX: download the export_descr_buildings.zip to fix the norwegian stables.
    HOTFIX 2: download the export_descr_units.zip to fix generals upgrading too early.
    Last edited by Oddball_E8; August 13, 2008 at 01:10 PM.

in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Default Re: [RELEASED] Orders & Bodyguards 0.8 (submod for Perfectly Polished)

Just thought id share some in-game action shots from my first campaign using Perfectly Polished with my mod.

Kingdom of England with William the Conqueror at the throne assaults Caernarvon.

The King, The Duke and a general all fighting side by side.

The general becomes separated from his retinue. A fatal mistake.

This seems very nice, do you have any plans for other orders?

Downloading now.

yeah i was planning on expanding the hospitallers too, but since i cant do skins and models that kinda depends on if anyone else has done anything...

otherwise ill have to go with just adding the knights of the holy sepulchre (i think thats their name anyway)

Indefinitely Banned

Woot - exclusivity =]

Also, I guess - if this is a sub-mod to a sub-mod, then this is a sub-sub-mod?

Confusing =]

Btw Oddball looks great and I've uploaded Version 1.1 of Perfectly Polished.
    Last edited by Grandmaster Ryu; August 07, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

my mod is in 1.1??
    or what? hehe...

YOU SAID IT WOULD BE IN 1.1 !!!!!

Indefinitely Banned

fixing that ugly looking silversurfer sergeant for the templar sergeant unit
    Haha

1.1 was just a hotfix to get rid of all the bugs, there were no major updates to the mod only minor ones -

Yours will be in the next Major update don't worry ^^

-Grandmaster

so... found a few bugs (nothing game crashing, but some silversurfer units and other errors)

gonna release a hotfix update soon, but it will require you to restart your campaign.

however, since only thirteen people have downloaded it i dont think it will be that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8 View Post
    so... found a few bugs (nothing game crashing, but some silversurfer units and other errors)

gonna release a hotfix update soon, but it will require you to restart your campaign.

however, since only thirteen people have downloaded it i dont think it will be that bad
    Haven't even started a campaign yet.

hehe... good... cos im not gonna release a hotfix, its gonna be a full mod upgrade...

Default Re: [RELEASED] Orders & Bodyguards 1.0 (submod for Perfectly Polished) UPDATED 08/08

Egyptian early bodyguard turned out like this for me.

You can't see them, but you can see the shades...

Default Re: [RELEASED] Orders & Bodyguards 1.0 (submod for Perfectly Polished) UPDATED 08/08

a submod of a sudmod, nice!
    .:|Sudcommaner aka siculo-calabrese|:.

.:Song Dynasty Preview:.

Quote Originally Posted by RPK View Post
    Egyptian early bodyguard turned out like this for me.

You can't see them, but you can see the shades...

hmm... now that IS odd...

i have no clue as to what could have caused that...
    was that a character that was already in the campaign when you started (ie. possibly a problem with the descr_strat file)?
    and if yes, was it late or early campaign.

if not then i dont know... very strange. There shouldnt be a problem since they use the late bodyguard unit... so all the textures and stuff are there...

just had a rummage through the relevant files and i still couldnt find anything...

very strange. :hmmm:

EDIT: wait... egyptian EARLY bodyguard??? there is no such thing any more... they all use the late bodyguard... how did you get an early one?
    oh and theyre on foot cos theyre huscarls... but they still should have been silver then... not invisible.
    Last edited by Oddball_E8; August 12, 2008 at 05:15 AM.
    addicted modder... but crap at it

EDIT: wait... egyptian EARLY bodyguard??? there is no such thing any more... they all use the late bodyguard... how did you get an early one?
    oh and theyre on foot cos theyre huscarls... but they still should have been silver then... not invisible.
    I really don't know more than you do. It was very strange, and it wasn't my bodyguard, but the AI's, when I invaded them in Jerusalem.

I do know that silver-surfers are missing texture, while invisibles are missing models overall.

Why would they be huscarls when they're egyptians?

well theyre not huscarls... i took a look at the files and theyre dismounted feudal knights...
    why? well because i used the early middle east bodyguard unit to get the dismounted feudal knights bodyguards for england (ie, i just deleted the middle east bodyguards and replaced them with dismounted feudal knights, but the unit is still designated ME bodyguards.)
    however, there should be no such units...

do me a favour and check the descr_strat file (under /World/Maps/Campaign/Imperial Campaign or /World/Maps/Campaign/Custom/late era campaing in your silent steel folder) and look at what egypt has for their starting characters (just search for Mustansir and you should find the first egyptian general. If the first unit listed under him is called ME Bodyguard then thats the problem. It should be called ME Late Bodyguard)

well theyre not huscarls... i took a look at the files and theyre dismounted feudal knights...
    why? well because i used the early middle east bodyguard unit to get the dismounted feudal knights bodyguards for england (ie, i just deleted the middle east bodyguards and replaced them with dismounted feudal knights, but the unit is still designated ME bodyguards.)
    however, there should be no such units...

do me a favour and check the descr_strat file (under /World/Maps/Campaign/Imperial Campaign or /World/Maps/Campaign/Custom/late era campaing in your silent steel folder) and look at what egypt has for their starting characters (just search for Mustansir and you should find the first egyptian general. If the first unit listed under him is called ME Bodyguard then thats the problem. It should be called ME Late Bodyguard)
    Sorry, but this was like 3 installs ago. I reinstall alot, as I grow tired of some mods, and I sometimes screw the SS folder up. Now playing with the freshly installed PP 1.2.

Now that the new PP 1.2 is out, is this compatable with it?

no its not... well... its included in 1.2 so why would you need it anyway?

but ill be making an update soon...

Yes I just downloaded it, saw the readme I didnt know it was included until just now .

well... check what i wrote at the end of the Perfectly Polished thread... that explains your problems.

ps. updated the mod see the updated first post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast