Thread: princenses and relations

Default princenses and relations

sorry i know these questions are repeatable and i proably asked thisbefor just cant remember
    but will all the factions have princenses and the developed mearige system of the MTW2? like saka or saban princenses to better relations with another country and gain a forgine general and speaking of the relations will you still includ the "stupied" system of realtions that MTW2 becouse each time i steped on forgine lands my good relations with an ally was damaged that system is a good idea altho it works iN EXTREAMLY difficult conditions

Default Re: princenses and relations

If there are princesses there will be marriages. For some factions princesses would be unsuitable, but for others they did play an important role. There has been no firm decision as to whether there will be princesses in EBII and neither a firm decision on what factions would get them if there were. Do expect some changes to the diplomacy engine and campaign AI (as far as we can mod this part of the mod).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Perhaps you could remodel and rename them to 'Hostages' and exchange them with other factions? Would that be more appropriate to every faction?
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

wouldn't work so well. The Princesses belong to the family tree until they are married off. They use the female names (and so would always be female - though we could change the portrait), so it would be difficult to pass them off as second sons (as they would have no other role than being a hostage).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

What was the general roles of Women in powerful Political Families in Rome?

What if the Roman Daughters became Vestal Virgins? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestal_Virgin

Change the age of Adulthood in the game from 16 to 30 before the Daughters emerge?
    Don't know if that effects sons as well?

It doesn't effect sons, but it does effect daughters for all factions so that would be impossible to do. It is unlikely Rome will get princesses if indeed they are kept at all.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    It doesn't effect sons, but it does effect daughters for all factions so that would be impossible to do. It is unlikely Rome will get princesses if indeed they are kept at all.

Foot
    They're all linked together in Hard Code?

Didn't Deus Le Vault manage to make Arab Princesses?

Icon3 Re: princenses and relations

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    They're all linked together in Hard Code?

Didn't Deus Le Vault manage to make Arab Princesses?
    Princess' abilities and features are hard-coded. You can't change them for one faction only; any changes will affect the other factions as well.

could you change princesses into assassins? or spies? it would be fun to be able to marry, spy, kill and negotiate with the same agent!

Campidoctor

Not possible sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyratron View Post
    could you change princesses into assassins? or spies? it would be fun to be able to marry, spy, kill and negotiate with the same agent!
    I too sometimes wish that game mechanics would be modifiable just as much as game values are. Heck, if it was so, we wouldn't have to worry about a "Rome 2" or a brand new engine!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

I feel that princesses should definitely be in EB2. Greek factions used them like crazy, I'm sure Barbarians did as well. If you could somehow make Roman 'princesses' marriageable only to other Romans that'd be great, but if not I don't think that would be all that terrible. To discourage players from marrying their Roman princesses off maybe you could script their fathers receiving very detrimental traits.

"Gave Daughter Away
    Effects: This man has sent his daughter to some foreign potentate, rather than to a good and virtuous Roman man! His countrymen universally scorn him, and he is regularly assaulted with feces in the streets. -5 morale, -5 influence, -5 management"

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    I feel that princesses should definitely be in EB2. Greek factions used them like crazy, I'm sure Barbarians did as well. If you could somehow make Roman 'princesses' marriageable only to other Romans that'd be great, but if not I don't think that would be all that terrible. To discourage players from marrying their Roman princesses off maybe you could script their fathers receiving very detrimental traits.

"Gave Daughter Away
    Effects: This man has sent his daughter to some foreign potentate, rather than to a good and virtuous Roman man! His countrymen universally scorn him, and he is regularly assaulted with feces in the streets. -5 morale, -5 influence, -5 management"
    Its the fact that they can poach enemy generals which is the main problem we have with them, it's just not very realistic (I know it happened sometimes in history but nowhere near the level it would if they were in the game).

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Bobbin, what if all the ancillaries and traits that princesses can get were giving negative charm so that the rate of success in "seducing" enemy generals is really low and almost always likely to fail. Other ancillaries could still give bonuses such as movement points and security.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    Bobbin, what if all the ancillaries and traits that princesses can get were giving negative charm so that the rate of success in "seducing" enemy generals is really low and almost always likely to fail. Other ancillaries could still give bonuses such as movement points and security.
    I believe that would also mean that the changes of getting children from that princess are very low, because they are not desirable to "do it" with.
    But maybe I am wrong.

The princess and marriage system sounds like it would work well for Carthage. In the Second Punic War and the Mercenary War, there are examples of how Punic nobles would marry off their daughters to Numidian nobles.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    Even with a 0 charm rating (you can't have negative charm) there is still the chance that a princess can "steal" a general, especially if the target has a low loyalty rating.

Like foot said though, nothing has been decided yet so they might make it in the end.