Thread: Hot seat - On Line crossover game.

Default Hot seat - On Line crossover game.

Calling out to the Multilayer/On Line community.
    I wish to set up a Hot seat - On Line crossover game.
    I see three players as optimum. We would use MTW2 1.4 (for compatibility issues) and start on late campaign.
    Game would be Hot Seat following normal rules (no auto resolve) and cfg set up.
    On an encounter between Human players a Duelling approach would be taken.
    Ie a formal challenge issued by one army against another, (the two opponents or three in rear circumstances would draw up within sight of each other ( red showing on map), then a challenge would be issued, (game save (an e mail comprising screen shot of challengers army sent to opponent)) if the challenged accepts battle a confirming army stat of opponent sent to challenger, game goes to On Line and is played out between the two army's conforming to in game status. Outcome would be mirrored in game at next turn with loser taking units out of game. And withdrawing.
    if offer of battle refused then challenged army must withdraw at next turn he must move his army max distance , exception would be to withdraw in to own city/castle.

Possible exceptions to on-line battle.
    Ambush and siege

in ambush if offered by game Ie you have successfully ambushed you opponent then play against AI.

Siege if allowed by game to enter city using spy then play out against AI.
    If you are sieged and wish to sally forth offer battle but if not accepted you may go on and sally against AI.

outcome would be mirrored in game.
    This is a broad outline wanting input and hopefully offers of players to test out.
    As A Great Captain Once Said
    Love Over Gold
    Don Van Vliet

Gtalk : stephenwoodhead@gmail.com

My Book Shelf
    http://www.shelfari.com/o1518184202

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Hot seat - On Line crossover game.

Hmmm Sounds interesting. Not sure if i have the time to do it though. I might be in if it is only the big (interesting) battles that are fought this way. (For the next few weeks should be ok though if you want to test it?) How is the casulties going to work? Keep a unit if half or more remains and delete ones that are less than half?

sounds a good compromise yes as a test we could say only battles where 2/4 to full stacks are involved

Shall i set up Hotseat test , England Scotland?

or if you have Kingdoms scotland , wales, with England AI?
    As A Great Captain Once Said
    Love Over Gold
    Don Van Vliet

Gtalk : stephenwoodhead@gmail.com

My Book Shelf
    http://www.shelfari.com/o1518184202

Yeh sure scotland england sounds fine for a test, not going to be online till late tonight. Will be tomorrow tho.

Yo, sorry stuck on 1.5 and a lot of effort to swap back to 1.4 (i seem to have misplaced the disck some where ) But should work if you use SS pm me when you are online / ready.

I would be interested if you did it on SS 6.1! Just wondering what faction you would all pick?

Yo i'm back on 1.4 so if you want a trial lets do this thing!!