Thread: Recruitment question

Default Recruitment question

In Agrigento on Sicily I have a phase 3 Roman Auxilia building which allows me to recruit Levy Hoplitai. Looking in the building browser it says that even at Roman Citizenship level I will still only be able to get Levy Hoplitai and nothing else. Could someone explain to me how this works and why the Roman units like Hastati aren't appearing? I need a good army to take on Carthage.

Default Re: Recruitment question

maybe only after the reforms? somehow i ve never played the romans so long as to get the reforms in the latest versions of exrm, but i think that in the pre-marian times romans just didnt recruit hastati outside italy... once you can recruit legionaries, i hope this is fixed

I believe the documentation included with the mod (Docs folder in the EXRM folder) describes how the recruitment system works. Also, read this thread.

That's a lot of stuff to read through for what is probably a very simple and short answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDowner View Post
    That's a lot of stuff to read through for what is probably a very simple and short answer.
    The thread I linked to jumps directly into answering your question. Check out the first quote in the thread, which is Candelarius's description of the changes to the units you asked about.

Oh, so Levy Hoplites are the only units I can train in Sicily as the Romans, even with Roman Citizenship ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDowner View Post
    Oh, so Levy Hoplites are the only units I can train in Sicily as the Romans, even with Roman Citizenship ?
    Until the Marian Reforms, that sounds right. I think you also get peltastai and maybe prodromoi. Check the stables and missile range to be sure.

I can't remember seeing anything about Peltasts or Prodromoi. Oh well, I'm enjoying being able to go slower. Being too strong is often what caused me to end campaigns on RTR and only being able to get the best soldiers from Roma and Capua makes the two best Cities seem more important as they should be.