Thread: Dirt in citys

Default Dirt in citys

ave
    i havnīt played the mod yet (but i have downloaded it because it sounds very interessting) and i havnīt read every thread till the end and so this topic is may unnessecary. i really really hate that after 100 turns or earlier the happiness in big cities is very low although you have 20 men garrison and the taxes are small because of the dirt which reduces the happiness about 70 percent or so what is historiclly incorrect and is going on my nerves and i think not only on mine. the people in the middle age caused that dirt and so its very unlogical that they are so angry about the dirt and complaining (my opinion). i would find it pretty cool if this could be changed in a way so the dirt has not such a big effect on the happines of the citicens. and this also has a negative effect on the fun while playing for me.

ps: hoped everythin g is understandable my english is not perfect

Default Re: Dirt in citys

I think you are talking about squalor levels, which represents the amount of poor and homeless in a city. I agree, squalor is one of the most annoying aspects to the game and city management, and this mod does a good job making sure it doesn't get out of control. However, I don't think its possible to remove squalor if that's what you are asking. My advice to to try and put your tax rates up to a higher level so that growth is slowed and you can build the proper infasctructure which help deal with this issue.

Also, if squalor gets to be too big of an issue, just use the add_population cheat to raise or lower your population level. For example, if you can't get a high enough population to upgrade a city because of too much squalor, bump up the population, build the necessary walls to upgrade, then knock it back down. Sometimes I also lower the population of all my settlements to 400 early in the game to help me deal with squalor. I get less of a tax income and other penalties, but since theres no squalor idc, lol, and then I can build up my city to cope with the squalor later on. Those are just some house rules I use to control it.

Default Re: Dirt in citys

Managing squalor is one of the challenges of playing total war games, medieval cities were notoriously unhealthy places in which to live, to say the people should be happy to live in squalor because they made it is a very generous over estimation of the logic and tolerance of most humans.

at first thanks for the answers
    i understand you quite well bodkin and maybe i doesnīt said what i mean in a proper way
    but fact is that the people in that time throwed there dirt almost everywhere and yeah there were a lot of plagues and many get ill in the cities but they doesnīt know it better and most of the people doesnīt know that all the plagues were caused by the dirt or that there is at least a relation between them. ok maybe they werenīt really satisfied but i think there werenīt any uprisings because of the dirty cities and so i find it unlogical that squalor has such a big effect on the happiness
    i donīt know whether you played rome:total war. in rome there are only cities and not cieties and castles: it was horrable after 150 turns or so in nearly every turn there were at least one city which was red because of the dirt that really kills your fun with the game and till rome i hate squalor in total war games :O
    of course nobody should live in such an unhealthy place i donīt wanted to make you think that iīm thinking the opposite