Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Features for Westeros:TW(updated with Kingship)

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Agent Modes for W:TW(updated with assassins)

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    Yeah, just remember that Tyrells have a massive advantage over the other factions...
    Nice, then it's going to be challenging

Default Re: Agent Modes for W:TW(updated with assassins)

sweet

Default Re: Special Features for Westeros:TW(updated with Kingship)

Updated with Kings and crowns. See first post.

Heh heh heh. This is the part where playing Stannis suddenly gets really tricky...

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Wow that looks sooooo sweet. It looks amazing, and it opens up alot more options.

Scelucid Hopolite's Avatar Libertus

Lookin good guys i cant wait till its released

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    Updated with Kings and crowns. See first post.
    very nice

WOW! this just keep getting better and better!!!
    The Hound

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The idea is Westeros didn't actually have something like a spy. The closest is the little birds of Varys, but they don't go out scouting armies or opening gates. Some folks back at westeros.org suggested that the spy's role could be changed to something like the outriders, which were used extensively around the Riverlands.
    I actually have an idea for the little birds of Varys, something I worked out for another mod that is pretty simple. Simply use the reveal_tile command with a city x,y location to get a peek behind the fog of war. It fits the novels as Varys had little birds as far away as the Free Cities, and other houses were always scheming and passing information, such as the Lannisters and Freys before the Red Wedding. You would have to develope your own way of implementing it, when and where to reveal, but you only need one event for each settlement. Then at the slave turn end just do a hide_all_revealed_tiles.

Yeah, I saw you mention that command in the roving buildings thread, it certainly sounds very interesting. It could even be tied to some magic/prophetic elements of Westeros, such as Melisandre, the wargs, the ghost of high heart and so on. Problem, as always, is in the actual implementing.

I don't know if it can be done before the initial release, but it's definitely something I'd like to try implement.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I never thought about tying it to a magic trait, but that would actually work fairly well for Westeros. I havent spent a lot of time trying to figure out how I would script stuff for this mod as I am not on this team, but I have always liked the Westeros setting so I keep an eye on it.

If you dont use it in the initial release, or in any release, thats ok. I just thought I would throw it out there. If you do decide to use it and want some help/ideas with how to make it work just ask.

You guys seem to be pretty set in the scripting department, but if I can do something here or there to help out I will.

TheKingSlayer's Avatar Tiro

That's nice of you Devil, and I'm sure that the rest of the team would love to have you jump on board.
    Proud Team member of Westeros: Total War
    Visit us at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
    We..Are...PENN STATE!!!
    Semper Fi. Smashing Islamic Extremism in all forms.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Yay, GrnEyedDvl may be helping us
    Welcome aboard?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

GrnEyedDvl is a living legend in the TW modding scene and the author of the Docudemons. It was only because of his excellent mapping tutorial that I managed to lay the foundations of the mod and I use his Notepad++ highlighting scripts (really helpful tool).
    You are surely welcome aboard, GrnEyedDvl, in whatever position you deem best (I would assume scripting or mapping) and even if you cannot commit a lot of time. It's up to you.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gampie View Post
    You are surely welcome aboard, GrnEyedDvl, in whatever position you deem best (I would assume scripting or mapping) and even if you cannot commit a lot of time. It's up to you.
    Wow a big response to a small offer of help

I was not exactly offering to join the team full time, I think you all know I have a large commitment to another team, and a full plate with some of my own projects as well.

But I do really like this mod, so the offer of help is genuine. Mainly I was thinking along the lines of helping solve problems, not creating new content. Basically if you guys have something you need help figuring out, but do not want to post publicly, then I am your guy.

If there is some script I have published that you are interested in using for Westeros, I will help you change it to work with this mod.

If you need help creating a new script, I can get it started for you and make sure it works for a few settlements, or characters/factions. Once it works properly on a small scale I would probably need you guys to take that and expand it to work everywhere it needs to work. I probably wont have time to do a full blown development of a large script, but I can get the basics done and let you run with it.

With the map I can certainly take a look at it and give some advice and make a few changes, but being a full time mapper is out of the question.

Another thing I recently published that you might find of interest is my Advance Family Tree tutorial. I know several of the Houses in Westeros have large families.

I also have a few other ideas that I will be trying out soon, some I will make public, some I will not. The ones that I do not make public right off you guys are welcome to. I dont know if you have a dedicated scripter or not, but whoever he is can feel free to contact me anytime. Or if you want to let me into the Dev forums that is fine as well, just understand that my time is pretty limited and it would mostly be an advisory position.

One other thing I had forgotten about, a couple of years ago when the original mod was being put together on Westeros.org I made a quotes mod for it. I posted it back then and I never knew if they used them or not. I am attaching them, use them if you wish.

Wow I just looked at the date I last modified those, Jan 17 2007. As you can see, I have been interested in a Westeros mod for quite some time.
    Last edited by GrnEyedDvl; June 25, 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Gampie and I are the current coder/scripters of the team. It's great to know that you're still interested in Westeros, if any difficulties come up, we'll definitely direct them your way

So at the moment, we have three sets of quotes that people can use ( mine, Gampie's and GEDs). I'll have a look at yours, GED. I think most of my quotes came from your file, if it's on the asoiaf website.

awesome better and better

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    So at the moment, we have three sets of quotes that people can use ( mine, Gampie's and GEDs). I'll have a look at yours, GED. I think most of my quotes came from your file, if it's on the asoiaf website.
    Maybe they are, I dunno. As I said I posted that long ago. You can add more than the vanilla game has, so if you run across a bunch you like then merge all 3 files.

Really, I thought it was just 120 (minus the ones that don't work, of course).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast