Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Features for Westeros:TW(updated with Kingship)

Default Special Features for Westeros:TW(updated with Kingship)

I've been working on some aspect of the mod, and I'll be posting up reviews of different features. Note that the pictures are in-development and not final. Hope you'll enjoy them.

Spies
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The idea is Westeros didn't actually have something like a spy. The closest is the little birds of Varys, but they don't go out scouting armies or opening gates. Some folks back at westeros.org suggested that the spy's role could be changed to something like the outriders, which were used extensively around the Riverlands.

Like the original spies, outriders can go anywhere and are hidden to enemy factions. As Tywin himself learned when he got tricked by Robb, outriders are vital to uncovering enemy hosts lying in ambush and following enemy moves behind the fog of war. Unlike the original spies, outriders don't usually infiltrate enemy settlements inducing unrest and opening gates. They can still try, but the stakes are much higher.

But that's not all. In addition to all the tweaks, I have written an raid script for the outriders, giving them the ability to steal supplies(money) when they successfully spy on an enemy army. When you've successfully raided someone or was harassed, an event will pop up to notify you.

The amount of ouriders and their abilities are much tuned down, so you won't need to worry about being swamped by enemy agents like in vanilla. However, it is still advised to keep your own outriders to guard your hosts and not leave your troops scattered across the field, which will make them easy prey for enemy raids.

And that's it for the spies. Stay tuned for the next review of the assassin system.

Assassin:

There are currently three kinds of assassins in Westeros:TW, two of them from those ancient guilds we've heard so much about. Yeah you guessed it, we're putting the Faceless Men and Sorrowful Men up for hire.

Once you managed to get a Sorrowful or Faceless guild in your city(should be pretty rare in itself, and you can only have one), I have scripted an event that will pop up at random, from which you can choose to hire one of these prestigious assassins.

If you accept, the money will be automatically paid(watch out for the costs!), and the boogieman springs up next to your city.

To represent their guild-trained professional skills, these guys won't need your leveling up like in vanilla. Instead, they'll come with developed subterfuge skills and ancillaries, and their kill rates are much higher than vanilla. To give you an idea, a Faceless costs enough dragons to feed a host, but with one I could basically slash anybody in the world, including faction leaders with the highest security. Sorrowful Men are less expensive and less skilled, but they can still handle most targets and big ones if you feel lucky enough.

But here's the catch. As hired contract killers, they aren't in for life. After a successful kill, these assassins will return to their guilds to await your next summon. This is to avoid them tipping the balance for factions that acquired the guilds. How and when to use them to your best interests is up to your good judgment.

And that's the guild assassins. Hope you enjoyed it, we've got some related stuff to talk about next time.

Claiming Kingship

Sorry for the long wait, been busy

Again inspired by some folks back at westeros.org, this time we're going to let y'all put a crown on yourselves. As we all know, this mod is focused on the War of the Five Kings, a time when all sorts of people are calling themselves King.

After you have fulfilled certain conditions, your nobles will become restless and sick of serving Baratheons, when their oath was sworn to the Targaryens. You will be given the choice to ascend:

If all conditions are met and you choose to declare yourself King, you will be crowned the next turn. You will enjoy all sorts of advantages such as a shiny new title, special Crown ancillaries, higher global standings, and various hidden effects, but also take heart that other self-styled Kings will not be pleased by new competition.

As the timing and choice is given to the player, you can declare King boldly as soon as the conditions are met, or you can abide your time and make all your political maneuvers before claiming King. Or, you can lay low and keep to being a petty noble lord for the rest of your life. You can even take advantage of the system to avoid too severe diplomatic consequences, but that would be left for you to explore on your own.

Wait, is that it? Nah, there are many more aspects to the Kingship script, but it would be too spoiling to tell it all in one go. Hopefully we'll have time to talk about them soon.

Last edited by aeoleron9; August 22, 2008 at 07:01 AM.

Default Re: Agent Modes for W:TW

Sweet. Looks great!!!!

Lol. You'll love the assassin one even more, I promise you.

Oh, and +rep for Aeoleron cos I forgot to do it when he unveiled it last time

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

This is great, can't wait for the assassins

Default Re: Agent Modes for W:TW(updated with assassins)

bump, updated with assassins

Lol. Like it, guys?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

love it

Of course. Its amazing.I cant wait to actually start playing.

Holy hell, that's awesome. I hope I get Jaqen.

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

I'm personally very fond of these improvements. It's totally different from the vanilla agent system and it's so cool.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Pretty good, i'm impressed...and I don't get impressed easily.

wow! is all I can say!! +rep
    The Hound

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

very nice

How do you get those guilds? Do you need a exact amount of dread or something?

I think that the assassin's guilds is based on dread, while others are based on other factors...

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    I think that the assassin's guilds is based on dread, while others are based on other factors...
    yes I know how to gain the assassins guilds in vanilla, but do you gain those special assassinsguilds on the same way?

I understand if you guys want to keep this secret

I think that we gain the various assassin's guilds that way as well... aeleoron's the guy to ask, if you want to be certain.

You can attract these guilds by doing dreadful stuff(literally)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Time to start killing all the prisoners And maybe exterminating the twins

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKiller2000 View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Time to start killing all the prisoners And maybe exterminating the twins
    yea, and the entire Reach! and of course all of the lannister lands. Oh and Kingslanding.

Dorne will rain fire and death upon all of it's enemies.

I think that's enough to gain those guilds
    Last edited by Dux; August 14, 2008 at 09:50 AM.

Yeah, just remember that Tyrells have a massive advantage over the other factions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast