Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations

Icon2 II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

August: The month of hawking; the nobles, carrying falcons, are going hunting while in the background peasants are harvesting and swimming in the river. Behind them is the Chateau d'Etampes. (Painting is "August" by Duc de Berry)

Nominate M2TW AARs in this thread for the monthly competition.

Please stick to the formula of the following example:

Downfall of the Empire - title as link please!
    Mod: DLV 5
    Faction: Byzantine
    Difficulty: VH/VH

Description: This is a role-playing AAR with massive battle reports and lots of screenshots, etc.

Author's comments (or submitter's comments) (optional): This is my first AAR, etc.

Teaser (optional; a short excerpt in a spoiler with max. 5 big pictures (screenshots). If you're not familiar with spoiler tags, click here for help.)

Turkish Wars part II: Eastern Offensive

Soon after the walls were rebuilt scouts reported an army heading for the castle.
    After setting up a small garrison Konstantinos took his army in the field and pushed towards enemy forces.

Both armies were pretty much the same size with 1700 men on each side. Konstantinos ordered his troops to attack at night hoping that his archers and catapults would cause panic among enemy ranks.

Nomination deadline is August 31. You can edit your nomination post until the deadline.

Eligibility: The AAR has to have at least 2 updates (new rule) in the given month. There are no restrictions for an update, however it should be at least a few paragraphs.

Awards: after the monthly submission period, there will be a one week vote period. After the vote, points will be awarded as follows;
    6 points for the winner
    3 points for the runner-up
    2 points for the third one

The medal will be awarded according to the following schedule (pursuant to the current proposal which is being polled in the CVRIA):
    6 points - bronze medal
    12 points - silver medal
    24 points - golden medal

If you didn't win the previous time don't be discouraged. Try it again!

If you have questions, read the FAQ, PM me or use the general discussion thread.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; September 03, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Icon1 Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations

A Scotsman in England - James Murray of Atholl
    Mod: SS 4.1
    Faction: England

Description: A story about James Murray of Atholl and his sister Elle as they travel across England.

Author's comments: This AAR does not use a mod. Instead, it uses the current events of the game "God Save the King", using the mod Stainless Steel 4.1.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 04, 2008 at 11:32 PM.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations

Painting the World Orange & Gold - An Aragonese AAR *Complete*

Mod: Stainless Steel 6.1 (no submods)
    Faction: Aragon

Description: The Chronicles of Aragon, a book recently unearthed, details the rise of the Aragonese Empire, and their quest to unite the world, or die trying.

Comments: This is my second AAR, after my successful first Lithuanian one. This is a far more relaxed AAR in the sense that theres a lot less writing and no character affiliation. Instead i'll just detail the way the campaign goes, and will only stop if I die, or conquer the entire world.

Teaser:
    Guzman then attacked the forces at Salamanca. Again, they came in two separate waves of men. Guzman dispatched the first with relative ease, but his low numbers of pure infantry were lacking, and with the Spanish King on the horizon, the fight against the second wave looked grim.

But then, as the King of Leon charged, our valiant men answered his battle cry. With a single spear, his horse was brought down, and the man was butchered.

With their King dead, the men of Leon quickly routed and were captured. Guzman had achieved a Heroic Victory, and Salamanca was ours.

So, only Burgoz remained. However, only a day passed between Guzmans Heroism and Alfonso's battle. What was now the Spanish King was only supposedly their Prince. Alfonso did not know of our victories elsewhere, and the men of Leon would not even know of the battles. However, these enemies were not just militias or peasants, but soldiers and knights. This would be a tough battle.
    Last edited by Musthavename; August 19, 2008 at 07:43 AM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The Iberian Wars -- An Aragonese AAR
    Mod: SS 6.0
    Faction: Aragon
    Difficulty:H/VH

Description: A very plot-orientated AAR, it focuses on the battles the character is in rather than the entire state of the country. Very emotionally and moralistically driven.

Teaser:
    When it all began, I was barely a man. I had been training with the Knights of Montesa for many years now, and had recently become one of the brotherhood, sworn to defend Aragon from enemy aggression. Relations with the French were stretched thin, due to our close proximity to the rebel kingdom of Toulouse, and the Spanish were as distrusting as ever, itching to get their greedy hands on our idyllic Mediterranean kingdom, and the valuable ports we controlled to Italy, Africa and the Middle East.

I was placed in the city of Zaragoza, a bustling trade hub just south of the Pyrenees, where a small garrison of the Aragonese army was placed. My governor was none other than Prince Alfonso himself, a man of extreme military and tactical skill, even if his management techniques were not quite on par with others of our time. I got on well with the Prince and dined with him several times, yet was surprised to find my first command would be that of an entire wing of the Grand Host.

Icon1 Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations

Nova Roma- Rise of the New Roman Empire
    Mod: Various Own Mods and Kwarezm Mod by Zephrelial
    Faction: Byzantine
    Difficulty: VH/VH- INVINCIBLE MONGOLS!!!

Description: An epic tale about the rebirth of Rome. This AAR is not just about an empire but a conspiracy that threatens the entire world. Full of characters who are lost in a world that only knows war and hardship and characters who only know pleasure and wealth. The grand plot of the AAR will keep you guessing as to what it is.

Author's comments: Well, this is the second time I gonna to try to win! I'll just try until I win! I admit I was suprised i didn't get a single vote even though my AAR has over 4000 views, but anyway so what.

Teaser:
    Emperor's Warship- Off the Coast of Cyprus-1163

Emperor John: Antioch looks like a great place to visit. Maybe I'll find a great place to party. Then after that, I think.... I'll declare war on Egypt and kick their asses into the Nile! HAHAHAHAHA! Whatever, I'm Emperor! I guess I should thank my father for giving me this Empire, but he's DEAD! HAHAHAHAHA!

Emperor's Body Guard: My Emperor, are you sure you want to go to Antioch? There is nothing to do there for you. There hasn't been war in there for years! Maybe you should go to Germany and......

Emperor John (in a drunken slur): OH, SHUT UP! I know what I'm doing. I'll leave the war to my Generals and those legionaries............ You know the best thing about my father's system is uh uh, what was it again? Oh yea, if your emperor you don't have to do..... i forgot the word. Now leave my quarters and go....do something.

Emperor's Bodyguard: Yes. my Emperor.

Emperor John: OH SHUT UP AND GO!

Emperor's Bodyguard (outside): I was the Captain of the Guard of Alexios' Body Guard once! And now I've been demoted to be this drunken loser emperor's butler! He is nothing like his father. He's an idiot! I just wish that he would die soon. I'm going to shoot something.

Emperor John: Finally he's gone. I'm sick of having to pretend to be a fool and a drunken idiot. Why do I have to do this?

????? (hidden in the shadows): It's only for a while.... Just until you are able to execute our plan. Anyway, Venice has been taken.

Emperor John: How do you know that? We're in a boat in the middle of the sea! Are you an idiot?

?????: Don't act dumb! You know fully well my abilities, I even gave you the power of "Memor.....

Emperor John: Sush, somebody might hear. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Is it in the Nile?

??????: One of it is, but there are still many scattered out of the reaches of your empire. However I believe a people from the east have the rest of it that you can't get with your empire. They are at the moment divided warring tribes, but a man will unite them and eventually they'll be a storm that will sweep all of the world aside. Your empire may even fall to them.

Emperor John: I don't care. Once the empire has served my purpose, I'll leave it to whatever, whomever, I don't care. All I'm concerned about is it.

??????: Very well, Brother. I shall leave you now and oh yes, please say hello to your son for me.

Emperor John: You mean the pool boy's son.

??????: No, I mean your son.

Emperor John: Whatever, he's no threat to me. He can't do anything to stop us, even if he knew.

??????: Is that what you think? Hmmm, it doesn't matter. Just live and fullfill your contract with me.

Emperor John: Yes..........Brother.

TO BE CONTINUED
    NEXT-THE CONQUEST OF SOUTHERN ITALY AND THE CITY OF VALENCIA
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 06, 2008 at 03:03 AM.
    ONE VICTOR, ONE EMPIRE, ONE ROME,
    TOTAL WAR

Nova Roma- Rise of the New Roman Empire: A Byzantine AAR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=171236&page=1

The Creator of the Feared NOVA ROMA LEGION

Evolution's Avatar Feel my sting

Birth Of A Rose

Mod: Stainless Steel 4.1
    Faction: England
    Difficulty: N/A

Description: This Story is a bout a average Norman man who who created a military order, Known as the Rose and became the loudest voice heard in parliament. This AAR contains all the backstabbing you would expect of the medieval times.

Author's comments: This AAR uses current and past events of the "God Save The King" role playing game.

Teaser

Chapter III

Deep in one of the edges of Caen forgotten by many was an ally way. A simple and everyday ally way but this one held a purpose, for if you was to walk down this ally....

You would come to an arch, the colour of green due to plants and moss gowing around it. But this simple everyday arch you would see in any city also served a purpose, not so that people may walk under it... no, this arch was a very important arch, for it to held a deep highly secretive band of knights... and if you was to walk through this arch....

There was a building, this building only accessible through the arch because it was surrounded by a wall of buildings forming a large square, was a very peculiar building. The building had what seemed to be a large guard tower at the top of it.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 06, 2008 at 03:09 AM.
    Total war turned me into a Twcenter religious fanatic
    Obi Wan Asterix, Underneath the Legend

Default Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations - deadline: August 25

Lakinis Juice

Mod: stainless steel 6.1
    Faction: Templar knights
    Difficulty: H/H

Description: This is an AAR based on Hughes, the first grandmaster of the templar knights, and his expansion into depravity

Authors comments: this is my first aar, i based it on the writing styles of micheal crichtin and i feel that i have emulated it as well as my abilities permited

Teaser
    Chapter one
    The sacrifice of blood

the king, Avak, sat on his throne, weariness showing all to clear on his face.
    he knew his city, one that has been in his dynasty for hundreds of years, since the days of Parthia and Rome, was going to fall. He had been holding onto it for nearly two years now, and the enemy had drawn them to their limit, "Ararat is out of food my lord, we need to surrender now and hope they bring mercy on out souls" Vosdanig said in his usuall standoffish tone, Avak was tireing of his canstant warnings of his impending doom but knew he was his most wise and intellegent of his officers, so he stayed his tongue so as to remain on the better side of Vosdanig. Avak was fabled as a military savant, but even he knew he could not win, the turkish horde before, nearly 100,000 men strong, to his measly 10,000 men, all tired and worn down by the constant barrages of catapults and disease that was beggining to run without control through his city. With a look of extreme sorrow and burdon, he called forth all his men into earshot, and told them that they will sally forth as they need to at least repel some of the turks before the sweep through all of armenia, when the soldiers left to eat what was most likely there last dinner, he called to Vosdanig and Zoravar , and told them to ride out with his son, Vrej, to jerusalem, his men would provide a distraction for them to escape, with that he donned his armor and his steed which he has rode for nearly 10 years now. He hoped his men would hold up long enough for his son, his only mark on this world now, to escape.
    Last edited by TheTrueGreek; August 22, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Take Adventures in a Land Down Under. My latest AAR

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

The Help of God, the Love of the People, the Strength of Denmark

Mod: vanilla
    Faction: Denmark
    Difficulty: E/E (don't judge me pls)

Description: The chronicles of Danish history, starting from the weak King Knut, his son Charles, daughter Ingrid and onwards. The efforts to bring back the glories of the Viking era, step in line with the time and survive in coldness of Medieval era.

Author's comments: Firstly, this is my first AAR, I sincerely hope you will like it, as I did my best. Secondly, I may not have a lot of readers, but i have a lot of stories to tell.

Teaser

Summer 1088
    The nobility of Denmark consisted of those who gained the title through excessive drinking with the Kings, or friendship and of those who gained the title through money from the loot or directly through war. There was that brave and honest, loyal man, belonging to the closest friends of King Knut, who had a son, also brave and also loyal. The son was famous of his loyalty to the weak King, even though the King was unpopular. He once met Princess Ingrid the Beautiful, and since that very dinner (and it was a dinner between the then young Prince, Princess, the King and the Queen and his own family) he desired her to be his wife. Perhaps it was not her throne potential, but beauty that conquered his heart, but no one will no for sure. It is only known that Svein Hunger has proposed to Ingrid the Beautiful via his and her father. Although Ingrid had her own, if not love, but fancy, towards the young and brave nobleman, whose braveness during numerous hunts has astonished her, the King, i. e. her father has not just said "no" to Svein and his father, but ordered the execution of Svein's father, because of his remark, that the young Princess was not against the marriage. This has consolidated towards his unpopularity, even amongst the nobility.

The other event that took place the same time, was the ending of construction of siege rams and ladders, in order to take Magdeburg, which had the same number of defendants as Hamburg. Prince Charles was young, energetic, brave and impatient. He even had one of his guard killed, because his horsed guard and himself were taunting the archers of Magdeburg too close to the gate. He has recieved reinforcement earlier in spring, with 5 units of spearmen and 4 units of archers making up his army.
    Late in the evening, on the first day of August, "King" Wolfgang of the free city of Magdeburg, as he called it, was walking on the wall of his own castle. The sun was shining into his eyes, as couple of hundred arrows glistering in the sun rays fell on his garrison. The assault has begun...
    Later that night, Prince Charles, tired, slightly injured and happy, was walking in his new territory... I beg your pardon, he thought to himself, not mine, my Father's. As he walked on his castle's wall, he heard screams of former subjects of "King" Wolfgang, praying for the soldiers not to touch their families or gold, as the Danish vikings carried the gold into the square in front of the castle, where Charles stood.

As King Knut was about to wake up, his shoulder was shaken by his servant in a manner unacceptable for a King. The King however, did not shout at the servant, but simply looked at him with a question in his eyes.
    - Two news, my King, - the servant said, without the needed stress on the last word, - A Bad one, and A Good one.
    - Start with the Bad one, Leofrick, - said the King, looking at his servant, who in fact was a nobleman, since only noblemen were allowed to King's room
    - The treasury was depleted enough for other nations to take over the lead in finance matters, my King, - said Leofrick from Drager, the King's servant, secretary and his daughter's nightmare.
    - What's good then? - asked the King as he put on his shirt, made from the best cotton, ever found in Denmark.
    - Well, His Mighty Highness, Prince Charles, has been victorious in his battle against King... er... Governor Wolfgang of Magdeburg.
    It was only due to the loudness of the remark and Leofrick's good hearing, that he heard the King mumble:
    - The damned boy is alive...
    Last edited by Zhangir; August 08, 2008 at 03:27 AM.
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Default Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations - deadline: August 31

Cold Steel and the Cross

Mod:SS 6.1
    Faction Teutonic Order
    Description: Follow the endless "crusade" of the Teutonic Knights and see them carve out their holy empire in the baltic against those who would oppose the will of God. Then read of the order's quest to retake the holy land after the Kingdom of Jerusalem fails in its sacred duty to defend the holiest place in all of Christendom from the heathenous saracens.

Chapter 1: The foundations of an empire

The Teutonic order had established a stable base of operations in the balkans in preparation for spreading the word of God (by any means they felt necessary).
    The order was under the command of Grandmaster Gunther the Champion a mighty warrior who had also fought in the holy land against the saracens.

Gunthers second in command was the young and not overly loyal Maximillian who was one of those out here on his first crusade. He had grasped the basics of military strategy during his time as a squire but was yet to see battle against the enemies of the order.

Gunther had brought with him the goal of carving out a kingdom for himself as the crusaders in the holy land had and intended to use the "crusade" in the baltic to do this. He saw that in order to raise the money to finance his own kingdom he would need control of a larger part of the Baltic than he had at his disposal at the moment. Also the pagan menace of Lithuania had to be dealt with before pagans started causing trouble for the order and of course to keep up the illusion of the crusade being his only motive.

The island of Gotland seemed to be as good a place as any to start gaining control of Baltic trade and also could serve as as a forward base to attack scandanavia if the two kingdoms of Norsemen couldnt stay out of the orders affairs. Looking to the east the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius was vital for the pagans to get some of their most powerful cavalry so taking this could effectively cripple them.

He presented his plans to the senior members of the order and suggested that they request a crusade be put out on Vilnius in order to gain extra support and make more enemies for the pagans. The nobles felt this plan would lay the perfect foundations for future expansion in the Baltic and accepted the proposal after only a few minutes of dicussion.

In Riga a fleet was mustered under Admiral Welf and a force under Maximillian prepared to depart for Visby.

The Lion of Norway

Mod: Brittania Kingdoms Expansion
    Faction: Norway
    Difficulty: M/M

Description: The King of Norway has his eyes set on the British Isles, we follow the Viking hordes from the Invasion to the complete subjugation of the Scots and the defeat of William Wallace.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 11, 2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: corrected the url

Shadow8's Avatar Ducenarius

Empire DeLyon

Mod: Custom Campaign Mod 2.
    Faction: France
    Difficulty:M/E

Description:This follows the events from a historians point of view, chronachling the events of the newly formed DeLyon dynasty that inherets the French Empire from the first King of France. it starts around 30 turns into the game and only follows the major battles of the time period.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 11, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: inserted url

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Destiny's Atrium:
    Mod: None, it's Vanilla
    Faction: Venice
    Description: Follow the Selvos, the ruling family of Venice, as they lead the war on the Byzantine menace! It will take blood, sweat, and yes, tears to bring the Byzantines to their knees!

Teaser Image

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

In my father's house, there are many mansions

Mod: Broken Crescent
    Faction: Kingdom of Jerusalem

Description: A narrative AAR centred around the internal and external struggles in the Levant, the Kingdom of Heaven

Author's comments: This is my first AAR, however I love doing it and find its a safe release for my over active imagination lol

Teaser:
    The ranks of spears, seeing the threat passed marched around the corner, moving North into the town. More fell as arrows assailed them yet again, but the Latin crossbows now moved to the fore. Their first volley ripped through the lightly armoured archers, but some also fell among the Latins.
    Movement on the square caught Balian's eye. With shouts of Allahu Akbar! Saracens came down the street, led by their foolish captain. As the corssbows fell back sword crashed onto shield and spear split mail.

The fight had begun.

Last edited by Coeur de Lion; August 14, 2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: corrected url

The Most Serene Republic
    Genoa AAR
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.1 + Real Recruitment and some minor tweakings of my own.
    Difficulty: VH campaign, H battles

Description:This is my first AAR, it chronicles the rise of the Republic of Genoa from a minor city state into a world power through bitter fighting and diplomacy. It is very character and story driven with pictures present showing some of the highlights of the campaign.

Teaser: part of chapter 5, Splitting from the Empire

The key to Imperial power in italy is the city of Bologna and with that in mind a plan is hatched to conquer it in retaliation for the german war. Doge Fransesco lets it be known that anyone foolish enough to attack Genoa will be attacked in return.

Count Puccio left Ancona and boarded ships incoming from Ragusa bearing troops recruited there and headed north to Bologna harbour, there Puccio dissembarked and marched on to Bologna while the fleet remained to blockade the port.

The seige of Bologna lasted 6 months but finally Puccio was ready, facing him was probably the toughest opponent yet encountered by Genoa in recent years in the form of the Imperial Princh Heinrich who was a renowned commander at the head of a profficient well trained garisson.

Genoese Mercenaries from the Dalmatian coast advanced towards the walls bearing ladders and a ram, all the time getting peppered by the Imperial crossbowmen lining the top of the wooden battlements, the fighting upon those walls was so fierce that Puccio had to throw in the entirity of his infantry to clear them and many casualties were suffered. Finally the ram got through the gates and Puccio himself along with the rest of the cavalry charged in heading towards Prince Heinrich.
    After bloody street fighting Heinrich was killed and the rest of the defenders surrendered, the loss of Bologna proved to break the Imperial power in the region.

The pope now stepped in on behalf of the emperor asking Genoa to sign a peace treaty with the Empire. This peace of Bologna forced the Empire to recognise Genoa as an independent faction and also ceded the castle and eastern alpine passes of Innsbruck to Genoa.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 12, 2008 at 03:45 AM. Reason: inserted url
    Its not the one with youre name on it, its the one addressed to whom this may concern you have to worry about

The Most Serene Republic - Genoa AAR (SS)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183877

La Couronne de Charlemagne - French AAR (SS)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199284

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Basileia ton Romaion

Mod: Broken Crescent
    Faction: The Eastern Roman empire
    difficulty: H/H

Description: This is my third AAR, this AAR follows the life and campaigns of a young Byzantine emperor who is eager to restore the old power and glory to empire, it's character and story driven.

(author: The first few pics are missing and I can't put them back on so for that I'm sorry)
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 12, 2008 at 05:01 AM. Reason: corrected title
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

Rise of Bavaria: The First Das Heiliege Romische Reich AAR.

Mod:
    DHRR 0.6
    Faction: Duchy of Bavaria

Description: As the Reich is expanding its territories as a whole, a single dynasty of Bavaria is aspiring to establish itself as a major power and one day take the throne of the Holy Roman Empire. An AAR with focus on a plot filled with treachery, evil Austrians and blood! The quality of the screenshots is another focus point, from the animations inside, the blood, and the artistic angles .

Teaser pics:

Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 15, 2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: inserted URL

August's Avatar Decanus

Icon2 Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations - deadline: August 31

"Ogniem i Mieczem"
    "With fire and Sword"

Mod: SS 6.1 (+ some custom modding specifically for the AAR)
    Faction: Zaporozhian Cossacks (Kievan Rus)

The description:
    Retelling the story of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth's Cossack rebellion that turned into a full-scale war and gave birth to the Ukraine as an independent nation.
    Loosely based on the polish classic historical novel and a movie with same title.

The AAR has a lot of "scenario" specific tweaks and changes to the gameplay.
    I spent a lot of effort and thought, enhancing the visual presentation of the AAR. Hope it shows(oh yeah, that's my first one, I'm learning as I go).

[You can find the AAR by clicking the banner in my signature]

From chapter 2 "Zolte Wody":
    The scouts returned with wonderous news: the Polish took a considerable risk by moving the vast majority of it's troops from Kiev to meet the upstart Cossacks. That left the city relatively vunerable.
    Siezing the opportunity, the Ukrainian citizenry and local peasants rose in the major revolt. Revolt so succesful, in fact, that it forced the Commonwealth to pull back the troops, returning situation in Kiev to relative order.
    With renewed vigour, Zaporozhians marched on, the battle was upon them, but now it was going to be fought on their terms.

December 1120:
    Tartars held their side of the bargain, in fact they intercepted smaller portion of Polish army on the way to Kiev, utterly crushing it, further weakening the Commonwealth's hold on the region.
    In the field near the small settelment, called Zolty Wody the decisive battle for the fate of the fledgeling nation was about to begin...

Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; August 19, 2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added url

I, Efstathinos
    A Byzantine Character AAR

Mod: SS6.1
    Faction: Byzantine Empire
    Difficulty: N/A

Description: A first person AAR, through the eyes of one man as he rises through the ranks of the army fighting guerilla and open warefare and realising the true ways of war and men. Plenty of edited screenshots and good writing.

Circle formation!

Suddenly, we realised how few our number was. We began to fumble into positions, sweating and bleeding.

We clumsily fell into our positions. We tried to lock our shields the way we had been taught and drilled for months gone by. I was facing the Ghulams. They were almost upon us. I raised my spear...

And they hit our shields. Men fell, backwards, to be trampled in the mud. Others had their necks sliced open. The mud became scarlet red, and you might of thought it was clay had you not realised there was not a river for miles. I just held my shield firm, bashing and blocking Ghulam after Ghulam, stabing now and again if I got the chance, though rarely piercing their fine armour. I could see our numbers fall even more. Dragonas was struggling to keep command. Everyone was dying.

I am no coward. Though Dragonas was a fool. Keeping us here to fall to our deaths. I swung my shield hard, and smacked a ghulam to the floor.

Retreat! Retreat!

The World is but a dream within a dream

mod: none

faction: Portugal

difficuly: H/H

Description: my second aar, far more picture based and is more lighthearted that my previous one

authors comments: this i styled on my own, i drew much inspiration from emporernovaroma and others like him.

King alfonso rode out into the countryside for a freindly game of hunting with some of his closest freinds, this hunting game turned into the most historic of adventures and conquests, tales were written about the portugese exploits that rival homers odessy.

: my, the weathers turned for the worst, i suppose today wont be our day for bird meat. lets go back home friends, we will need to commence this hunt at a later date and I'll wager that our wives are missing our company

: Alfonso, i have a task for your men, i wish to see an end to this needless bloodshed, and you will be the man to do it.

: My lord, i will see to it your will will be done, i am your humble servant

: Good, see to it that it remains that way
    Last edited by TheTrueGreek; August 22, 2008 at 01:37 PM.
    Take Adventures in a Land Down Under. My latest AAR

Icon1 Re: II. M2TW AAR of the Month - Nominations - deadline: August 31

AAR-MEN-NIEN

Author: LlamaD
    Mod: DLV 5.2 + Unique Kings + Extra Crusade/Jihad Targets
    Faction: Kingdom of (Cilician) Armenia

Description: The heroic (and hedonistic) struggle of cilician Armenia (with Arqa Arsen the Mighty the Watcher on the lead) to survive and overcome the Council of Nobles the surrounding Muslim pressure continues... The goal is to form a MMORPG: Massive Multi-poster Ontopic Role-Playing Gang. The story is told through dialogues of minor and major characters (you'll never guess who is the leading actor), who eventually sing along with your youtube and the beguiling bard.
    Different elements of style are used. (like blood and sex? - maybe) People are offended, ripped, violated, killed or sold for an old horse. Not exactly what you would call a Prince Charming short-story.

Teaser

Right on time to stop the mob from destroying the authority building.

(..)

Except for one single guy.

Bought a used sword, hm?

The rest is fun.

Just not for the poor one who's getting pantjacked.

*aaaaaaah*

Anyways...only a well executed peasant is a good peasant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast