Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: White Council or Wise?

Default White Council or Wise?

Just in advance, sorry if this should have gone on another thread or has already been discussed. Will the Wise make any appearance? In some traits maybe? Also, the White Council was a major force in the Third Age. Will they be included somehow?

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: White Council or Wise?

there are actually 3 places that this could of fit depending on how you phrased this and those places are here, here, and here
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Oh alright. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll bring this up there.

no real need to do that now that the thread is created
    Ego's are fun

Oh alright. Sorry. Well do you know?

well I'm a bit tired after not getting much sleep last night so I can't remember if we talked about this before but I'm sure you'll get your answer and then some when a couple people working on mod conception log in
    Ego's are fun

Alright. Thanks for the quick reply!

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

I will let Varjon handle this one. He arrives precisely when he means too.
    HONEY I AM HOME

well if he's not quick about it Eleril will surely do the job right
    Ego's are fun

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

This really isn't my subject but if I may be able to give some insight.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Did I hear my name? Give me a cookie!

White Council will be guild which will give you missions to help allies, conquer cities and other same kind of missions which Council of Nobles in M2TW gives you but only against evil factions.

Well the White Council was consisted of the Istari and the wisest of the Eldar.So-Gandalf,Saruman,Radagast,Elrond,Galadriel,Cirdan.Since the attack on Dol Guldur Saruman stopped going on sessions of the White Council so we could exclude him.Gandalf ,IMO,should be a diplomat.Radagast abandoned his mission and so he failed-he cared only for the beasts and birds.Elrond should be a general,as well as Cirdan.And I'm not sure about Galadriel:hmmm:.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleril View Post
    Well the White Council was consisted of the Istari and the wisest of the Eldar.So-Gandalf,Saruman,Radagast,Elrond,Galadriel,Cirdan.Since the attack on Dol Guldur Saruman stopped going on sessions of the White Council so we could exclude him.Gandalf ,IMO,should be a diplomat.Radagast abandoned his mission and so he failed-he cared only for the beasts and birds.Elrond should be a general,as well as Cirdan.And I'm not sure about Galadriel:hmmm:.
    If we want to make it simple we should make Galadriel just a wife of Celeborn. It sounds stupid but if we make her general she's not wife of Celeborn anymore, and she's a man in that case.

Well, I really think this question deserves its own thread.

I have also thought about what can be done with a "higher instance" (similar to the pope in vanilla) and first of all I thought we could could use Sauron as a "pope" for the evil factions.
    I think that might work pretty good: evil factions have to make evil missions, so that they get in favor of Sauron.
    The "papal states" faction would just be "Sauron" (maybe located in an unreachable settlement). I like this idea.

However, I didn't even knew that there is something like a "white council" and this sounds like a very good idea, too.
    This council could be the "pope" for the good factions.

I have seen Krechet's answer in the other thread and that the team doesn't want to have the "pope feature" in this mod, but I ask why?
    Evil or good "pope"... The possibilities would be great if correctly implemented.
    Last edited by King Kong; August 04, 2008 at 06:39 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

I would tedn to agree with KK. Although the Pope could be very annoying in vanilla! Also, I didn't think it possible to have two pope-like figures in one campaign (one for good and one for evil)?

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

At one point we discussed pretty much about this and if I remember right we decided that there shouldn't be "pope" for good factions but for evil factions it could work. In this case we call pope as Dark Lord of Mordor.

But about White Council. We could just simply change name of Council of Nobles to White Council, or then we could make White Council a guild.

That's a good idea. Perhaps you could also iclude traits like "Wise" for members of the Wise, which is pretty much the same as the White Council, just less official.

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    At one point we discussed pretty much about this and if I remember right we decided that there shouldn't be "pope" for good factions but for evil factions it could work. In this case we call pope as Dark Lord of Mordor.
    Actually, that would probably work better. The good factions weren't as unified as the evil factions. For example, relations were strained between Rohan and Gondor and the elves wouldn't have dreamed of serving under/doing missions for a group of "wise" men or wizards.

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

Well the "bad" factions were that much of a friends either , you know for harad it was either we serve him (the dark lord ) or he makes us to... so was the thing with dunland and saruman.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Well, I really think this question deserves its own thread.

I have also thought about what can be done with a "higher instance" (similar to the pope in vanilla) and first of all I thought we could could use Sauron as a "pope" for the evil factions.
    I think that might work pretty good: evil factions have to make evil missions, so that they get in favor of Sauron.
    The "papal states" faction would just be "Sauron" (maybe located in an unreachable settlement). I like this idea.

However, I didn't even knew that there is something like a "white council" and this sounds like a very good idea, too.
    This council could be the "pope" for the good factions.

I have seen Krechet's answer in the other thread and that the team doesn't want to have the "pope feature" in this mod, but I ask why?
    Evil or good "pope"... The possibilities would be great if correctly implemented.
    I utterly agree! an unreachable Settlement that can issue missions.

Shouldn't Orc Factions have the Ability to go Jihad?
    Like a mass gathering of Cheap to buy Orcs to ravage a Good Settlement.
    Reduce the waiting time a little to make it overly aggressive to see the World of Men and Elves burn.

The Pope being able to muster forces to hold back Sauron Invasion has to be implemented some how.
    The Feature shouldn't be cut out of the Game. it's way too tempting.
    But for a Wise Council to be able to Excommunicate certain Allies for aggression on others.

I think that's more a Sauron thing, punish those that don't follow him by using (Excommunication) to batter his Allies into serving him without Question.
    Plus the Pope is always respawning after Death. Makes Sauron Invincible?
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; August 04, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast