Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice System -- Ceaser, we need you!!!

Default Justice System -- Ceaser, we need you!!!

This is an OOC thread.

Ok, the Justice System seem a bit messed up, with Evolution and Celsius arguin about how it works.

I think we should decide on fixed rules here.

I propose the Judges of Trials be,

The King
    Members of Clergy
    High Chancelor

Not all of these people must judge every trial, but they may join any time, after reading the whole thread. Obviously important trials will include more people - the King wont be judging who killed whos Cat.

I do not think Public Polls on such things should be allowed. I think a public poll like Evolution made on the Rebels is just making friction between the Factions of this realm. Another Civil War is the last thing we need.

I also suggest we appoint a Justice Master or something like that. He Posts the Trial threads. He is not necessairilly a judge. He is just an ..... organiser.

EDIT: Ceasar, could you read all in this thread and decide on the new Justice system.
    Last edited by Desperado †; August 03, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

Default Re: Justice System

Quote Originally Posted by Caradog View Post
    This is an OOC thread.

Ok, the Justice System seem a bit messed up, with Evolution and Celsius arguin about how it works.

I think we should decide on fixed rules here.

I propose the Judges of Trials be,

The King
    Members of Clergy
    High Chancelor

Not all of these people must judge every trial, but they may join any time, after reading the whole thread. Obviously important trials will include more people - the King wont be judging who killed whos Cat.

I do not think Public Polls on such things should be allowed. I think a public poll like Evolution made on the Rebels is just making friction between the Factions of this realm. Another Civil War is the last thing we need.

I also suggest we appoint a Justice Master or something like that. He Posts the Trial threads. He is not necessairilly a judge. He is just an ..... organiser.
    I agree, as I mentioned before, we need more positions in Parliament, such as Magistrate. Though Magistrate will be the lead judge in non-religious cases, he will head up all criminal/civil court in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    I agree, as I mentioned before, we need more positions in Parliament, such as Magistrate. Though Magistrate will be the lead judge in non-religious cases, he will head up all criminal/civil court in England.
    I believe the King should be lead Judge in non religous, unless it's something he will be biust about (Ex - Rebels trial). Will all types of judges still be able to attend every Trial - if they want of course?

If i may, I would like to defend the accused.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyCrusader View Post
    If i may, I would like to defend the accused.
    In what thread now? I think we should appoint and cement our Justice System before the Rebel Trial commences.

Evolution's Avatar Feel my sting

Thanks Caradog
    ooc: oh he agrees the Chancellor should be involved now...

My poll was more of a guide to the judges. They see that the people wish us to be free and they should take that into consideration. They must also take into consideration that the Order has successfully reorganized the Parliament and it does seem to be working. Discussion in the Parliament have increased ten fold (thats good). The Order saved the country and every judge has to take that into account, He may have committed treason but didn't he do it for the greater good and did he not succeed?

I also believe that a jury should be involved, If not to decide then maybe to advise. Like my "Free the Rebel leaders" poll.

Also the Judges cannot prosecute. They decide what happens to me if I lose the trial. Make Confederate jeb the Prosecutor of something. Clergy can't be prosecutors because they are judges
    Total war turned me into a Twcenter religious fanatic
    Obi Wan Asterix, Underneath the Legend

i dont know. i just thought I'd say it.

There where no Jury's in Medieval times. As for wanting to know the peoples oppinion, i think audience peoples may Cheer or Boo to some extent during Trials.

last thing we want is a "Judge Dread" Judge, Executioner and Jury. We would be nothing more than barbarians! like the Scots!!!!

OOC: That's what I'm trying to get across to them over and over. There is no jury, there is no lawyer, there is simply the defendants and the judges, that is it.

OOC:is that an outrage i hear coming from celsius?

OOC: That's what I'm trying to get across to them over and over. There is no jury, there is no lawyer, there is simply the defendants and the judges, that is it.
    Yes but as why this Topic was created the people disagree with this justice system. This means change !:hmmm: not adding!

jugdes? I thought it was wrong in the eyes of god to judge?

OOC: This is all an OCC thread!!!!

Tell that to Medieval Christendom.

Hmmm Holy Crusader.....I thought it was wrong in the eyes of God to kill?

OOC: This is all an OCC thread!!!!
    Everything I said is OOC.

OOC: Now it is, not in Medieval times, there was a different perception by the Pope. Thats why the Roman Catholic Church redid their laws into a second version, because the old one was from the Medieval era.

Tell that to Medieval Christendom.

Hmmm Holy Crusader.....I thought it was wrong in the eyes of God to kill?
    Tell me who we killed? It was King Rufus II who killed the king.

Ok you lot Get back on the point of this Topic...

People disagree with our Justice system even tho is is historically accurate.

You need to change it completely. Not add new judges.

OOC: It's like it is for a reason, it's meant to be historically accurate, that's the point to this game, to be as historically accurate as we can be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast