Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia (I), Dominate of Flavius Claudius Decimus (Rome) - *IBFD*

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia (I), Dominate of Flavius Claudius Decimus (Rome)

Rome will wait for our return. Ha!

Do you not see the armies that the Goths field? They comprise of their entire population. Destroy them now, and we remove that threat forever. Let them take Rome will give them a chance to build up an empire. Which would you rather face: a Gothic empire or a ragtag bunch of barbarians?

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    Do you not see the armies that the Goths field? They comprise of their entire population.
    oh i see them
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    Destroy them now, and we remove that threat forever. ?
    but do you?

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"My life is not worth of leaving Rome,we can't abandon him...If I stay here alone then fine,I will die here fighting for Rome and am not a coward!I will go now to prepare myself."

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

I would rather face that empire, destroy that empire, get their cash and though they may become a horde again, but we will be ready for them then, we are NOT ready for them now.

In our current situation we would only damage those few troops we have in Italy without any chance for retraining them this year or the coming years. The emperor may have a chance (note that: a chance) of delaying or destroying some of those Gothic hordes in some ambush or bottleneck scenario, but even if that can save Rome it is a very small chance and if it fails (which is very likely) it will have fueled the Gothic rage and nothing in Rome will be safe.

I will go to Ostia and move to safety and return to Rome when she is once more firmly in Roman hands. That may be tomorrow or it may be years from now, but I will see Rome again. As some Celtic bards from Brittanica sang: "I get knocked down, but I get up again / They're never gonna keep me down!" (ooc: slightly anachronistic )

Vale, my foolish friends!
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

The Goths are a nomadic people, Maximus. They will gladly abandon a settlement to become a foraging horde when pressed. If we let them take Rome, sure, our current military predicament would be lessened in that they would lose a good percentage of their army to civil life, but what happens when we take Rome back? Wouldn't we face that same horde once again? If we destroy their hordes, we will destroy them. Simple as that. We stay in Rome, and we will keep the Goths at bay. We stay in Rome, and we will gladly sacrifice our own lives to ensure that the Gothic threat will be truly exterminated.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Indefinitely Banned

Fine stay here, i have tried my best to covince you but you won't listen as for i am off. you will die for no reason what so ever, i bet you will be wishing you had gone to Ravenna, when Rome is besieged and you will be stuck in there starving good bye my fellow senators

OOC you all relise that if you stay in rome your caracters will die, right?
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC`)

OOC: I'm not getting my guy involved until we decide where we go. He's on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Aemilius Paulus Macedon View Post
    OOC you all relise that if you stay in rome your caracters will die, right?
    ooc: provided Rome is sacked. Have faith!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Senators I can remain here no longer. The situation is terrible, and most senators of reason have left the city. It is a fool's errand to attempt to defend this place. I urge all of you to see sense and abandon Rome, if only for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Indefinitely Banned

Bran walks solemnly into the Curia. At his back is a group of sailors, each wearing a vest with Corrigan's crest. Bran said solemnly:

I have not been here, but have been at my home instead, and I have been...swayed...in my views of Rome. I will stay, but I will have my ship stay on the coast south of Roma. I will rely on my skills of stealth to see me safely out of the city and to my ship before the Goths reach me. I put my fate into God's hands. His hands and the Goth's blades.

I must go and ready myself for battle.

Maybe for the last time, Bran leaves the Curia.
    Last edited by Lord Stanton; August 05, 2008 at 06:23 PM.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: We don't decide if you live or die in a siege, that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

ooc:eh why bothere killing you?
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC`)

Indefinitely Banned

OOC: alright, then i'll edit. I AM STAYING ALIVE. but i do have one question. Is it alright if i edit my characters backstory a little to make it more workable?

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

Senator Gaius Cornelius Agrippa walked into the curia and stood at the entrance to the main hall.

He looked around at all the empty seats, "where is everybody" he wondered to himself.

He strode around for a bit waiting for others to show but no one came, so he decided to return to his new home in Rome.
    He was determined not to lose this house as he had with his last.

"Has everyone left Rome, where is the Senate something has to be done to help the people, they are starving out their" Cornelius had only just arrived in Rome and he was already starting to worry.

OOC - as I am new most of you will not know my characters background, if you want to know It is in the opening page of my Villa thread. And I dont think I said hello. Hello
    Last edited by -Aquila-; August 05, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Indefinitely Banned

A pair of shadowy figures were watching the new senator. They wore heavy grey-green mottled cloaks, with bows and quivers over their backs. One slid away and out unseen. Moments later, he returned, with a third man. He joined his companion while the third man approached the new senator. He was similarly to the other two men, the cloak colour was the only difference. He spoke

YOU! Live in cowardice or fight against these Goths. Make your decision fast boy. You havent much time to run away like most of the senate. If you stay, meet at the town square. Thats where my men are gathering.

Bran walked out to the square, where his private legion was awaiting him.

OOC: its Goths sorry
    Last edited by Lord Stanton; August 05, 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Cornelius looked strangly into space, wondering what just happened.

"Gauls...here? Whats happened to the legions, hw did they make it this far?"

He continued to look blankly at the wall.

"Well Senators are Senators, might as well meet them there."

Cornelius walked out into the square and so the mass of men waiting there looking at the man in the dark cloak who had spoken to him before, He decided to go where he could hear them to see what was going on.

Indefinitely Banned

OOC: We won't be talking about it now. All thats going to happen is we survive the siege if you want to live, or you can let yourself die. We wont actually be in the battle, this is just for show. Basically if you want to live, you say so. And Vice versa, so now we wait for about 6 hours until the Emperor advances the save.

OOC - oh thats cool with me, and of course I want to live. I dont want to die, it doesnt sound like much fun

Indefinitely Banned

OOC: Yes well its possible my character will kill you anyway. Dont think death isnt a possibility

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast