Thread: Game just doesn't work

Icon9 Game just doesn't work

i did what the website told me to do step by step and its like i never installed RTR gold. it just goes to the normal rome total war screen. i want to play it really badly but nothing seems to work. can anybody help me?

Default Re: Game just doesn't work

This is not for RTR 6 Gold. It`s the forum for RTRPE. If you are confused about the two read the FAQ:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121118
    And if you decide to install RTRPE read this guide:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58290
    Good luck!

sorry. is there a support forum for gold?

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I'd use this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

But I do recommend installing RTRPE instead (and that's not just 'cause I helped with it). It's a much better gaming experience, IMO.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Icon4 Re: Game just doesn't work

i tried platinum but i don't think i have the right program to run it. it says i need to search the web for the right program but i don't know which one to install does anyone know which i should use?

The file is a rar archieve. You need winrar to decompress it. And judging by your other post you`ve installed BI over it not before so you most likely need to reinstall. Both issues are covered in the guide I linked you to. But if you want to do it your own way...

thanks i'll try reinstalling first then using winrar

i tried using winrar but it still doesn't work. it says my computer doesn't have the apropriate program to run it

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lutenate View Post
    i did what the website told me to do step by step and its like i never installed RTR gold. it just goes to the normal rome total war screen. i want to play it really badly but nothing seems to work. can anybody help me?
    Do you use Vista ? If yes then probably you'll either have to turn off the UAC or run the installer under Administrator (or something).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

no i don't have vista