Thread: Unit stats... an enquiry

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default Unit stats... an enquiry

Hi all,

First of all let me say how gripping and entertaining this mod is! Its by far the best mod currently around for MTW II: Kingdoms.

My question is how come spear militia have such a high attack compared to other "elite" units?

I have only played as Norway so far but my spear militia have an attack of 4. Yet viking raiders which I believe from reading the description are ment to be a better quality than the spear militia have only an attack of 2 and dismounted huscarls who are the full time, professional soldiers of early medieval Scandinavia have an attack of 3.

Is this due to some form of balancing issue? To make the militia effective against cavalry?

Thanks in advance
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Unit stats... an enquiry

units with axes and maces have armour piercing which kills any armoured troop. they have low attack so they don't kill all other units too
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Barser's Avatar Senator

Those stats only tell half of the story. Unit animation and weapon type etc. is more important. To bad you cant se those in description.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Updates to combat system available from RR thread and SSTC thread have updated those values somewhat. Spear militia attack value is currently 2.