Thread: new installer or something?

AmeriBriton's Avatar Civis

Icon5 new installer or something?

Hello,

I have the direct to drive version of Medieval 2 and Kingdoms. Now I downloaded the mod, but I get the same error as the KGC mod, where it says Kingdoms isn't on my system. Will there be a fix for this soon like in the KGC mod? I would really like to play this

Thank you.

3d Battalion, 172d Infantry (Mountain)
    "Ascend to Victory" Hooah!

Default Re: new installer or something?

I also have this problem. Please offer a fix! D2D has cursed me since the beginning!

Yeah, I think D2D sucks, and it was a waste of $49.99 when I had purchased it.

It is however, convenient, because its bundled with everything you need, as well as its fully updated.

I will not be releasing a fix for this or the related steam installation issue. I can only suggest you try some of the tips I posted regarding installing the mod on a steam version of Kingdoms:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132197

Without looking at the D2D version of the game, I would assume it does not have the "kingdoms.exe" file in the game installation path. If this is the case, you should be able to get the mod to install by adding a dummy "kingdoms.exe" file to the installation path (usually C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\") and removing it once the mod is installed. Once installed, I am not sure what is required to get my mods to launch on a D2D version.

I do not support the use of my mod on D2D, steam and other downloadable versions and I take no responsibility for any issues caused by following any of my suggestions.

Thank you, Unspoken Knight, I'll give your suggestion a go.

No go on that Suggestion, Unspoken Knight.

Is there a way I can take apart the installer and do everything myself manually?

Default error: setup was unable to find a valid installation

I'm feeling this pain as well...looking for help in the KGC mod technical support forum as well at message #107. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139074

In a nutshell for me: 2 things have changed...
    first it appears that Steam upgraded my Kingdoms install to version 1.05.
    second I had tried to revert to a "vanilla" install with the intent of being sure the MODs I have installed over time dont mess up the integrity of my file set.

after I removed all the Steam installed files and re-downloading from Steam, my attempts to get the MOD installer (in this case Kingdoms Grand Campaign 3.0) now fails to notice I have Kindoms currently installed... It seems that retrofit users are seeing the same thing.

I have tried to put a dummy KINDOMS.exe in the "expected" install path C:\PROGRAM FILES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War but to no avail...
    Some have also suggested a registry entry, but I installed these MODs a couple months ago with no such registry adjustment and attempts to add a string value or key for this havent worked...