Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Bombadil?

Default Tom Bombadil?

What about Tom Bobadil? He is a great character and I hate that he wasn't in the movies. Maybe he could be in this mod and do something as something
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOPah20HFUc
    Last edited by Zarnik; August 01, 2008 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: Tom Bombadil?

Tom Tom Bombadili Tom Bombadilium Tom Tom Bombadilliam!

Can't see how he'll be able t feature in this mod, as he don't leave his little territory.

But you will be able to fight in shire right, maybe he could appear there as a fighting unit or something lol

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

well the problem is he can't really be associated with any faction so it'd be hard to include him
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Free peoples of middle earth should have him, even if it is not accurate its fun!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

I'm still not so sure about the idea and I'm sure Eleril or Varjon can prove this idea impossible somehow with their book knowledge
    Ego's are fun

I'm still not so sure about the idea and I'm sure Eleril or Varjon can prove this idea impossible somehow with their book knowledge :original:
    Yep,we can.First of all,we don't know what is Tom exactly.I have a little speculation of my own but nothing more.Second,he never interferes with the world outside his little territory.He just doesn't concern himself with anything else than the welfare of his region.And it is small indeed.besides,he doesn't play any major role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleril View Post
    Yep,we can.First of all,we don't know what is Tom exactly.I have a little speculation of my own but nothing more.Second,he never interferes with the world outside his little territory.He just doesn't concern himself with anything else than the welfare of his region.And it is small indeed.besides,he doesn't play any major role in the story.
    I thought it was something like that I wasn't sure though so I waited for the experts to have their say
    Ego's are fun

Put him into the Old Forest as mercenary for the good factions.
    ‘Take a kick in the a--se, and be gone!’

except if he's a mercenary he could be hired and brought elsewhere and I doubt you can buy off Tom for money anyways
    Ego's are fun

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

As Eleril said there's lot of speculation about who Tom Bombadil is. Most common options are maiar, valar, some sort of spirit which isn't maiar or valar and finally the option that he is some form which Ilúvatar has taken in Arda.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    As Eleril said there's lot of speculation about who Tom Bombadil is. Most common options are maiar, valar, some sort of spirit which isn't maiar or valar and finally the option that he is some form which Ilúvatar has taken in Arda.
    and if he's any of those he's pretty much invincible
    Ego's are fun

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    and if he's any of those he's pretty much invincible
    No, all thos options mostly took a physical form, though there were some maiar who were invincible all the time. But another thing what has been speculated is wife of Tom (don't know his english name).

Goldberry river-woman's daughter it was I think, anyway I agree with Eleril and Varjon, Tom Bombadil can't be added cause there is no way to bind him to the old Forest and the Burrow Downs. Also cause of are lack of knowladge on his true form we can't realy say should he be powerful or not.
    Sanity, in an insane world, is insane.

~It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.~
    -Roosevelt

Ohh really, that is bad. He is such a interesting character...

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

How about we just have Tom Bombadil as a Rebel General that appears in his Territory and the Barrow Downs?

Give him Immortality, leave him there, anyone attacks him then they're going to get a nasty shock.

That's perhaps the nearest you're going to get to Accuracy, and give people the ability to play him in 2 Player mode.

Yeah it is logical. I mean if anyone would attack shire, of course within the old forest Tom would kick everyones asses. Including Saurons

Quote Originally Posted by Zarnik View Post
    Yeah it is logical. I mean if anyone would attack shire, of course within the old forest Tom would kick everyones asses. Including Saurons
    And also, so those that can't live without playing as Tom Bombadil.

The Game has 29-30 Faction Slots.
    There is what? 12 Faction Slots being used for the Grand Campaign?

Why not in a future release throw all the Heroes/legendary Character/Monsters onto a separate Faction Slot that you can play in Versus Mode?

Best of Both Worlds!

If an army would march through the barrow downs or old forest Bombadil wouldn't care if he even noticed. Truth is he didnt care about the world around the forest so if someone didnt want to burn it, he wouldn't raect.
    Sanity, in an insane world, is insane.

~It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.~
    -Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Alerion View Post
    If an army would march through the barrow downs or old forest Bombadil wouldn't care if he even noticed. Truth is he didnt care about the world around the forest so if someone didnt want to burn it, he wouldn't raect.

Why he should just be a Rebel; Although there would have to be code put in place so he doesn't get stacks and go on a Rampage; Make him non-aggressive so he only fights when startled by enemy units.

But I think you should be able to play him in Versus Mode, reserve a slot for all the Legendary Characters.
    Make sure the Faction Slot can't be played in the Grand Campaign and put Tom Bombadil, Balrog or whatever Characters people want to see but unable to add to the game for various reasons of Game play issues.

Obviously in future releases.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast