Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Release: Basileia ton Romaion submod for SS6.1 v1.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Release: Basileia ton Romaion submod for SS6.1 v1.0

presents...

Basileia ton Romaion submod for Stainless Steel 6.1

The aim of this submod is to provide the players of Stainless Steel 6.1 with a historically accurate medieval Roman (i.e. Byzantine) unit roster. Almost all of the vanilla units for the Byzantines were either inaccurately implemented or just plain inaccurate. This submod redresses this...and more!

Download: (Megaupload)Basileia ton Romaion v1.0 for SS6.1
    Alternate Download link (Filefront)

Installation Instructions
    1. Download the above file
    2. Run the installer and point it to your Medieval II Total War directory (not the SS directory)
    3. Delete the map.rwm files from the Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base and Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign folders. The campaign will take a minute or two to start the first time after you do this. Don't worry it's normal (the game is rebuilding the map).
    4. Delete the events.dat and events.idx files from the Stainless_Steel_6\data\sounds folder.

Patch
    Fixes some minor graphical bugs with some units
    1. Download this file: http://files.filefront.com/BtR+patch.../fileinfo.html
    2. Unzip the files into Stainless_Steel_6\data\unit_models\_units\byzantine_roster

THIS MOD IS NOT SAVE-GAME COMPATIBLE

Features:

• A completely overhauled unit roster. Almost all units are completely new and historically accurate.
    • A combination of skins from several modders as well as many original creations.
    • New weapon models and textures (thanks to Lord_Calidor)
    • Realistic battle banners.
    • Starting conditions for both Early and Late Era campaigns are much more accurate. Help the Komneneans restore the Empire to its former glory in the Early campaign. Or fight to regain Constantinople from the crusaders in the Late Era campaign.
    • New battle and strat map models for all army leaders.
    • Career system for Byzantine generals.
    • New roleplaying features. Recover Byzantine relics. Gain titles for your generals
    • Byzantine quotes for loading screens
    • Proper terrain around Constantinople. No more tropical jungle.

Find a complete list of the units here:

For more information about the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster Project, go to this forum

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Faction Leader:

Faction Heir:

General:

Captain:

From left to right: Faction Heir, Faction Leader, General, Captain

(screenshots taken with Magus' Crimson Tide mod)

A brief word from our leader AnthoniusII:

This submod is designed to show you medieval Roman history after 1080AD. In the 23 units you will find that 9 are cavalry. That does not mean that you will automatically win against any opponent in battle. The units consist of a variety of "native" and mercenary troops of all levels: from armed peseants to the heaviest cavalry in the world.

In our sub mod you will realise that diplomacy can buy you crucial time for your empire. You will find some elite units in your capital at the start of the early era campaign but you may want to think twice before you start any hostilitees with any faction (even the most hated of enemies).
    Even via free merc troops you will soon realise that your capital is largely undefended and danger is very close indeed. The units can give you a boost to reconquer the former and glorious empire but they can also easily destroy you by their cost or their minimal loyalty.

Some simple advice:
    1: Do not fight wars on two fronts the same time. Use your diplomats wisely.
    2: War needs money even that could mean great peace times!
    3: The Empire's troops are more defensive than offensive. It is not wise to use defensive troops(even the elite ones) in the open field.
    4: Try to fortify borders that your neighbours who you aren't currently at war with. This way you gain time to raise new armies and avoid sudden attacks.
    5: Choose your primary targets carefully: There are settlements that can for the most part neutralise the ennemy for a long time when you capture them.
    6: The Roman troops are better in defence than attack: turn this fact to your advantage.

I hope I helped you to your start...Enjoy the glorious Roman units!

AnthoniusII
    Megas Domestikos ton Scholon.

FAQ:
    Q: Will this submod be compatible with SSTC, RR and Byg’s Grim Reality?
    A: We will be releasing compatibility files for the above submods.

CBUR Team Members:
    AnthoniusII (leader/researcher)
    Tangro (modeler/skinner)
    The_Bulgar_Slayer (researcher)
    Nakharar(researcher)
    Pompeius Magnus (contributor-researcher)
    Ificratis (modder)
    Caesar Clivus(modder)
    Stefaneke(modeller)
    Neoptolemos(public relations and keeper of the order in the mod)
    Manuel Komnenos(researcher).
    Slash5(modeller)

Thanks to Firebat11 for helping us with the beta test

Credits:
    We would like to thank the following TWC members for giving us permission to use their work:

DisgruntledGoat (textures)
    Whitewolf (textures)
    Laca(textures and models)
    Burrek (textures)
    yelowdogg23 (2d art contributor)
    Lord_Calidor (weapon models and textures)

Bug fix.
    Due to a small mix up there is a but in the modeldb that'll cause a crash when playing as the Irish. The fix is simple though.

1. Open the battle_models.modeldb (located in the Stainless_Steel\data\unit_models folder) in notepad (might have to do a Open With... in windows)
    2. Do a search for "NE_Bodyguard". Hit find until you find the entry for the bodyguard unit
    3. Scroll down a bit until you see

Code:
    7 ireland 
     61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_ireland_diff2.texture 
     61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_ireland_norm2.texture 0
    Change this to...

Code:
    7 ireland 
     60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_ireland_diff.texture 
     60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_ireland_norm.texture 0
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 27, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Preview: Basileia ton Romaion submod for SS6.1

Hey Caesar,

For the Beta test the Spartharii tou Vasileos have 90 men in their unit. In the pic above they have 120. Is this right?

+ I feel that the Byz need a high tiered spear unit. Could the Spartharii tou Vasileos have a spear primary and sword secondary?
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

Mate, you're a mod factory.

This is the way to go, chaning unit rosters faction by faction. In some time, we could get this game straight after all.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Firebat11 View Post
    Hey Caesar,

For the Beta test the Spartharii tou Vasileos have 90 men in their unit. In the pic above they have 120. Is this right?

+ I feel that the Byz need a high tiered spear unit. Could the Spartharii tou Vasileos have a spear primary and sword secondary?
    The "Spatharii tou Vasileos became smaller becouse they were mostly a ceremonial (in pallace) unit!
    By the tests we made Scutatoi spearmen are the same level of vanilla's dismounted infantry but armed with spears!They have quite the skill to defeat almost all the early and late eras cavalry units!
    We though too to add a spear to Spatharii but the spear seams to changed by sword when they engage!That is the reason we have 2(two) scutati units instad of one!
    The best weapon against cavalry is another cavalry and our roster has 9 units of it!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hey Caesar,

Yes it was changed after the screenshot was taken

No for three reasons. 1. Not historically accurate for that unit. 2. Infantry with 2 weapons do not work as intended. 3. That will kind of be one of the faction's weaknesses. Scoutatoi are the workhorses of the army

Ooh nice!

Im guessing its not compatible with Barsers mod....

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Simply amazing display of this once great empire.Truly you have gone to great lengths to provide us the best Byzantine experience that can be had and for this I thank you,both for your vision and dedication to the proper representation of these noble descendants of the Bygone Romans and your hard work in bringing continuois quality to our gaming experience

Wow! Those units look fantastic! Especially the flamethrowers
    One question. Will this mode be compatybile with SSTC+Battle for Baltic?

Campidoctor

Finally a good Byzantium(BC keeps it's ERE exclusive) that is free to be used in other mods.

Its compatible with SSTC but im not sure about BB

great can't wait to try
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

This looks very promising, cant wait till its released
    Soylent Green is people!!!

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow, Nice job guys looking forward to it

Barser's Avatar Senator

I dont know how you made faction heirs or how you made the battle models strat models but wow they look good.

Im guessing its not compatible with Barsers mod....
    That shouldnt be a problem.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

No, that isn't a banana

Excellent work!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Yes all these are Caesar Clivus creations!!!
    Rep him on sight!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by MIK TG View Post
    One question. Will this mode be compatybile with SSTC+Battle for Baltic?
    Seeing as I'm a developer of both of those mods, I guess I kinda have to make them compatible Don't worry I'll want a version of SS with both this and BftB for myself so I'll release some compatibility files at some point.

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Seeing as I'm a developer of both of those mods, I guess I kinda have to make them compatible Don't worry I'll want a version of SS with both this and BftB for myself so I'll release some compatibility files at some point.
    Speaking of which, what are we gonna call this since we're also probably going to add Lord_Calidor's awesome Templar mod.

Its not really battle for the BALTIC anymore:hmmm:
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

Speaking of which, what are we gonna call this since we're also probably going to add Lord_Calidor's awesome Templar mod.

Its not really battle for the BALTIC anymore:hmmm:
    I think it'd have to be something generic like "Historical Rosters mod" but snazzier

Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast