Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

MacManus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Installation Guide & Problem Thread

ca. turn 80 - playing McLeod

ctd after reloading savegame

17:56:45.734 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 3605, column 19
    Trait not recognised
    17:57:13.906 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

nice mod

savegame http://www.savefile.com/files/1726930
    logfile http://www.savefile.com/files/1727021
    Last edited by MacManus; August 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thanks MacManus, i'll have a look at this tonight.

Sorry about the ctd

Patrician

Hey MacManus

Do you have you last save game before the autosave by chance?

I have checked those errors from the campaign script and they are fine. I fixed the erro on the sm_faction file which might have been the one, and I have also fixed those errors in the faction standing file which I have never seen before.

Also when did the error occur, going into battle or during camp map turn?

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Hey MacManus

Do you have you last save game before the autosave by chance?

I have checked those errors from the campaign script and they are fine. I fixed the erro on the sm_faction file which might have been the one, and I have also fixed those errors in the faction standing file which I have never seen before.

Also when did the error occur, going into battle or during camp map turn?
    never had a ctd while in game

only while reloading savegames.

i have a savegame of the year 1285 thats is ok
    but always a few years later (doesn´t matter if autosave or not) when i reload a savegame = ctd

Patrician

Yeah that's a really weird CTD, please send through the 1285 save game file thanks mate!

I've never had ctd from a save game before unless for some reason I deleted the map.rwm file in the base folder.

Kmotr's Avatar Laetus

Hi,
    at first i want to say its great mod, thanks for that.
    And next I just have some questions: I playd the game without patch and it works perfect, no crashes just 1) the Clan chiefs bodyguard (Highland nobles) always be a character-generals 2) Castles (from 8 units free upkeep i think) dosent upkeep my army, no units but smal castles (3-4 upkeeps) works well.
    I tried to fix this with your patch but the game started to frezze during the batlle or fall down on the map.
    Thanks for hlep with this problems and good luck..

I had noticed that the game fall down when i destroy the clan MacDonalds.. Ill try to install it again but its hurts me - only one clan standing against me ;-)
    Last edited by Kmotr; August 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Yeah that's a really weird CTD, please send through the 1285 save game file thanks mate!

I've never had ctd from a save game before unless for some reason I deleted the map.rwm file in the base folder.

here we go

http://www.savefile.com/files/1731357

working savegame anno 1289

Patrician

Thanks MacManus, I'll check this out.

Kmotr...thanks for your feedback mate. Allow me to explain some reasoning.

That's really odd about the patch. I have my game installed 3 times, 1 for the working version, 1 for the fallback version and 1 for the installation of patches/testing before I upload. So I haven't experienced any drawbacks at all.

I will look at increasing free upkeep in castles. I increased free upkeep in forts to 10 slots. I've seen the MacDonalds killed before without any effect, but I'll check this out.

Patrician

Hi MacManus, you're not going to like this, but with your save game file from 1289....I play right through the 1300's without incident:hmmm:

With the 1289 game does it still crash when reloading in 1299? Or does it only crash from loading autosave games?

I seem to remember back when playing RTW through all of the patches there still was the occasional ctd with loading auto saved games, but I thought that had been solved in MTW2.

Hi MacManus, you're not going to like this, but with your save game file from 1289....I play right through the 1300's without incident:hmmm:

With the 1289 game does it still crash when reloading in 1299? Or does it only crash from loading autosave games?

I seem to remember back when playing RTW through all of the patches there still was the occasional ctd with loading auto saved games, but I thought that had been solved in MTW2.
    i never had a ctd while playing

but when i save a game (it doesn´t matter if autosave or not) and i load a saved game, then when nearly finished with loading it will ctd
    a possibly solution for me would be to play the campaign to the end without leaving the game

Hey this looks brilliant.

Only one question, I have tried my nuts off to get this to work with my steam download of kingdoms, following your instructions but to the folder instead.

Does it work with steam Kingdoms?

Laetus

Default Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Battle AI Suggestions and Problems

Hey, brill mod; I was hoping for a mod like this for the british isles campaign.

I've only been playing the mod for a couple days, and everything has been working well except that there seems to be some issues with town sieges. (1)When scaling and attacking on walls my units will frequently not respond to commands, (2) sometimes the enemies forces inside the city walls will just stand by even after being attacked, and (3) when defending forts I am unable to place my saethwyr archers where I want them (like over the gates), and even if I start the battle and order them to move to that portion of the wall, only about half of them will follow the command, but once they get there only a handful will actually fire their arrows. This makes defending much more difficult and it saps away the value of my famed welsh longbowmen.

I would assume these problems are related to the mod as I don't recall encountering them before.

Thanks.

nvm

Patrician

a possibly solution for me would be to play the campaign to the end without leaving the game
    That's the spirit MacManus....this really is an odd problem, Iill check in the technical forums.

Soneji...glad you got it working!

Mikwin....Sorry I deleted your psot when I tried to move it ....thanks for your feedback it's very much appreciated. I'm using Lusteds Battle AI and formations. I take your point about not being able to add archers over gates, I'll take a look at this, it annoys me too, and i couldn't remember if this has always been the case.

About the men not moving to where you want them in sieges, yes I noticed this too. I'll have a look at this too.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; August 17, 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Border Reiver... still no joy!

Mikwin....Sorry I deleted your psot when I tried to move it ....
    I have restored this post

Scelucid Hopolite's Avatar Libertus

hey guys i need some help i cant get this mod to work i have vista but i dont think that it is an unpacking problem as when i unpack it the geograthy files appear.
    the problem is wheni try to play it. it gets as far as the loding screen then just cuts out could you help please

Is this how it should look like?

:| and yes I've put the ui and text in the data folder.

NimbleNota's Avatar Libertus

:| and yes I've put the ui and text in the data folder.
    But did you unpack your british isles folder before installing KOTS 3?

"Thinking Swedes rule at Ice Hockey is like thinking Russians rule at Capitalism"

My british_isles folder in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods is unpacked and the files in these folder are:-data
    -packs
    -EULA txt
    -Readme txt
    and in data I can't find any descr_geography_new db and descr_geography_new.txt files.
    So what should I do?
    When I saw the installation guide I didn't understand this:Unpack the british_isles folder, becouse this is unpacked.